The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I know... she's soooo patient with harassing when she decides to do that :p
    Oh her leg/pawn btw. She hurt it when she was young so she cannot bend it so she has to keep it in front like that or totally back, under her body.

We always joke that she looks at her kingdom, when she is on sofa like that and looks around with angry look :D Her name is Nappi (=Button ... because her eyes are just like two buttons)

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I thought I'd post this video from You Tube here because it is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

This is how my Troy George looked when he was a baby, I miss my baby!:( How dare he grow up!:lol:

Cute Video

It made my day!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Aww, I know how you feel mfcsi. I still have Loki's collar from when she was smaller (I call it her "baby collar" lol) and I nearly cry whenever I look at it. :lol:

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah Troy George was a cute little monkey, now he's a just a monkey.:devil::lol:

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh. My. Gosh. I just got done wrestling a 16 pound wiggle worm of a very unhappy cat in the sink! Miss Ellie is a long haired dilute calico and she's the prettiest thing ever, but she does have a problem with the litter box! :wtf:

Without going into too many gory details, I was trying to wash her back end, or po po as we like to call it. Good lord! I feel like I've just had a workout at the gym! And I'm not entirely sure that I was successful in my endeavor. :shifty:

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yes Troy George let me know in his own way how unhappy he was with the state of the litterbox by going on the towels.:scream: Such a diva!

7. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

We've had a visitor show up at the store the last couple of weeks. He or she is sleeping on the window ledge in the bathroom. The lovely view we have is to a brick wall. There is about a foots spacing between the window and the wall, enough room for the raccoon to sleep on the ledge. There are two raccoons sometimes but this one is a bit more skittish. Every time we go in to the bathroom for whatever he/she sits up and most times jumps down and leaves. He/she comes back again and it sleeps for a bit until we need something from in there.

my 'niece' Geraldine who is a standard wire haired Dachshund

this is me either Lexi or Merlin I have trouble telling them apart. Lexi and Merlin are Petit Basset Griffom Vendeen otherwise known as PBGV's

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Our cats basicly spend most of the time outside, they meow when they need to pee :p Except... our oldest cat has so ****ing annoying habit during the winter. When it gets cold, let's say -13celcius or colder - she does everthing so she could avoid to go outside. I mean, she's 9 yrs old - she knows to go outiside and she's very good at getting your attention when she needs to go.

last week when it was few days around -20c she peed in fireplace, heating centre (we heat with logs and she can actually open the door to that place) and if you don't close saunadoor (we heat sauna as well with logs), she pees in the box where the logs are (if there is no logs).

GRRR

10. Jacquie

We took our big guy, Oliver, to the vets yesterday and the vet confirmed what we thought. Oliver has diabetes. We've got him on insulin and have changed his diet to mostly canned food with some dry. He's eating the canned food but we're going to have to try another flavour of dry food. None of the cats are eating it. Our vets know that we are in the Pet retail business so we discussed some of the foods that we sell and we're trying them as opposed to the vet food. If we have to we will go the vet route but it'll be cheaper if we can stay with the store stuff. A lot has changed over the years with animals having diabetes. The vets are now looking at going for foods that are low in carbs. The food we're trying is a grain free product. I hope the cats will like it. They are currently turning their noses up at the chicken flavour so I'm going to try the tuna and salmon flavours. Hopefully they'll eat one of them.

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Jacquie, we have raccoons all the time outside my apartment complex here. When I get home from work, I see them running across the parking lot to and from the dumpster. Sometimes I can hear their squealing at night when they fight with each other.

Here are my two little furry babies.
    Teddy and Whisky
    in their party hats :lol:

12. Project DAY

Project DAY Hit and Run

Ahahaha! They're so cute and funny in their party hats XD

As far as my own pets, I currently have one 9 month old grey tabby/tiger named Luke. He likes to get himself into trouble so I call him Darth Luke sometimes.

My parents and brothers and sister have their own pets:
    A great dane named Brutus--he's white with black patches on his face and some black spots. He just turned 1 March 16th. He's huge--I call him a cow-beast.
    My mom has her own grey tabby named Roxie--she turned 1 on valentine's day.
    My 8 year old brother Jack has a black and white hamster named Spotty.
    My 10 year old brother William has a black bunny named Hershey.
    My dad and stepmom have a lab, beagle, and chow mix--her name is Lacey. She's about 10 years old now.
    My older sister Sue--she's 27 and lives in Vegas--has a Bengal/tabby cat, absolutely beautiful and funny, named Raja. I believe she's about 1 or 1 1/2 years.
    And there are other family members with cats as well--grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles and such.

I have pics of Luke, Brutus, Roxie, Raja, and possibly Hershey on my myspace--there's a link in my profile.

13. Jacquie

Dizzney I love your two little pigs. They are so cute. I think if I were ever to get a rodent again it would probably be guinea pigs.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

They are cute. I've had these two over 3 years now. My previous two did not live that long. I like to have two but more than that would be too many for me. These two are messy enough and noisy enough for me. Such little beggers, but so cute I spoil them. :D

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:guffaw: That one's been to Mexico! :guffaw: Love it!

Jacquie, hope Oliver adjusts to his new food and can get his diabetes under control.