The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh I love the hats. They are so cute!

These are my ladies as I like to call them. Squeakers is the calico and she's 15 years old, my little old lady. The fat brown tabby is Stella.

The Ladies

2. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

They are so cute! And again I'm amazed that your guinea pigs don't seem to mind to pose for a picture. I wish my girls could do that.

I made a little hat out of paper a few months back and put in on one of my guinea pigs, Miesje. She shook it of right away, sniffed it and walked away. She was not impressed unlike the other one, Muppet. She found it very interesting and happily sunk her teeth into it. I had to take the hat out because she would have eaten it for sure. :rolleyes:

3. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I used to have fish. Does that count as a pet? :)
    Right now we are too busy for a pet but you guys are making me want one.

4. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

I have no pictures of my pets on the current computer I'm on at the moment, but I have two cats: Burney (12) and Lily (1 1/2)

They drive each other...and me insane.

5. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

Does anyone have a boxer? I have a 64 pound female who is just the epitome of psychotic *itch. Seriously. I love my baby. Dixie is like my kid, but she's absolutely wacko. She HATES with a passion other dogs. She treats them like they're cats, trying to attack them. I live in a townhouse and we were on my second level in the bedroom, her checking out the opened window (screened, it was a nice day in NC) and me typing away on my laptop here, at TalkCSI. No problems and then all of a sudden she like attacked the screen and tried to go through it because she saw a dog below. No joke. She's been like this since she was a pup. Unfortunately, I didn't get her first. I got her three years after her bad habits and aggression had already manifested. I was wondering if this kind behavior is common to those of you (if any) who have boxers. She's great with people and especially with kids, though. Strange....

6. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

JLo, boxers are pretty high strung, they're kinda like terriers in that they're very easy to excite, stubborn, full of energy ALL the time, and hard to retrain. If she's already "learned" to behave toward other dogs that way, it could be really tough to train her to react any other way. My terrier acts the same way with other dogs, to the point where it's pretty much impossible to take him on walks when anyone else in the neighborhood is outside.

If you're looking for advice and guidance about retraining your pup, I'd recommend http://www.dogforums.com/. I went there when my dogs were both having weight problems, people gave me lots of great advice on how to deal with it, and they're all super animal-friendly, so no negative training methods.

Oh, I forgot, I was gonna share a picture of my terrier, Riley... I have a cat, a beagle, 4 gerbils and one lone mouse as well, but I don't feel like digging through my memory cards to find their pictures atm. *lazy*

my crazy riley

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  7. leggomyeggo

leggomyeggo Victim

im thining bout getting a black baby pitbull ...he is so cute tho

8. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

Pitbulls are such awesome dogs. :D If they're shown lots of love, they can be the most cuddly and lovable dogs on the face of the planet (but they'll scare away the baddies most of the time!).

9. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

10. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

11. Hannah06_95

12. Hannah06_95

deleted double post

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
  13. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

14. Hannah06_95

Oh kwl i'd love to be a dog groomer! Really Sorry about the double post back there have jsut realised i must of pressed send twice! Sorry:(

15. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

It can be a lot of fun, but it sure is a lot of work. I started as a dog bather, worked my way up to an assistant groomer (just simple hair trimming, nails, cleaning of ears, blow drying, combing, etc). The thing that gets to you is that you feel like your clothes and car are always covered in dog hair lol.