The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Found this on MSNBC.com today...the top pet names for 2008. :)

For dogs:

Top names
    1. Max
    2. Bailey
    3. Bella
    4. Molly
    5. Lucy
    6. Buddy
    7. Maggie
    8. Daisy
    9. Sophie
    10. Chloe

Most unusual
    1. Rush Limbark
    2. Sirius Lee Handsome
    3. Rafikikadiki
    4. Low Jack
    5. Meatwad
    6. Peanut Wigglebutt
    7. Scuddles Unterfuss
    8. Sophie Touch & Pee
    9. Admiral Toot
    10. Spatula

For cats:

Top names
    1. Max
    2. Chloe
    3. Tigger
    4. Tiger
    5. Lucy
    6. Smokey <------------:lol:
    7. Oliver
    8. Bella
    9. Shadow
    10. Charlie

Most unusual

1. Edward Scissorpaws
    2. Sir Lix-a-lot
    3. Optimus Prrrime
    4. Buddah Pest
    5. Snoop Kitty Kitty
    6. Miss Fuzzbutt
    7. 80 Bucks
    8. Sparklemonkey
    9. Rosie Posie Prozac
    10. Toot Uncommon

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

[​IMG]

Heres anohter pic of my cat, she became really ill at the beginning of last year and could hardly walk and would just lay in one place all day but luckily she recovered and is really healthy now. Since I spent a lot off time with her when she was ill though she always follows me around. Its quite cute :)

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Nat I'm glad you cat is better and is starting this year on a healthy note :)

Smokey two of our cats made the list. Here's Oliver at the number 7 spot :) Max was my hubby's and my first cat. Unfortunately we didn't have a digital camera at the time so no pictures of him. He was a five year old black cat that adopted us over 13 years ago. He died of liver failure 3 years after he came into our lives. Over the 40plus years my parents have had cats they've had Lucy, Tiger and Charles.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Two of our cats made the list too. Don't have either of them now, though. My first cat was Tigger. He was given to us by friends of my parents who were appalled that my mom let him sleep in the bassinet with me when I was a baby. She always responded with 'That cat never raises a paw at her' and for 14 years he never did claw me. :) The other one was Shadow. He adopted us for about a year and then disappeared. We think his owners moved away without him and after awhile he possibly went looking for them. :(

Our two current cats Tommy (Thomas) and Pooky are both still with us. Tommy seems back to his old self despite having 3 surgeries in the last year. His last check-up in November had no sign of the tumor returning. Pooky is just a fiesty old girl. She puts up a fight for her thyroid medicine every day but is my constant companion when I'm home. :lol: I consider it my best gift last Christmas that both these cats were still with us.

Susan

5. Smokey

None of the cats I've ever had made the list. I currently, of course, have Ellie and Cricket. But in the past I've had Rex, Pickles, and Chin Lo. :lol: All of my brother's cats have been named Kitty. :rolleyes: Although, his dog, Lucy, made the list.

Susan, glad to hear Thomas is doing well. Cricket doesn't like his daily medicine either, but at least I'm pretty good at giving a pill now!

6. Jacquie

Ah yes medicating a cat. I think all us humans that have been owned by cats can relate to this :guffaw:

7. Jay1987

Jay1987 Witness

I have two Dogs

Names: Chewbacca and Elliot :D:D

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay... my "kitten" 7 months old is 4,5kg, took him to vet and he got *snipsnipsnipped* :p no more fun for him... actually he didn't even get started. :p :lol:

I just don't know how he can be so fat - we don't give much food to them inside. And man he LOVES to destroy cardboard boxes. I even bought him 'as christmas present' that..y'know, climbing/playing thingie. Couldn't buy anthing that had little box with holes because he wouldn't fit through those for long :p

9. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Chinook is adorable. :) I have husky mix dogs too, except the mama is full husky. :)

Here's my siberian husky Isis. I didn't leave those bandanas around their necks. I just put it on for the picture cause their tags turned their fur grey around their necks and I didn't want that showing in the pictures. :lol: I named her Isis because Isis is the name of an Egyptian goddess and the black around her eyes (looks like eyeliner) reminded me of Cleopatra drawings and stuff, but Cleopatra sounds like more a cat or horse name than a dog name, so I looked up Egyptian mythology and found the name Isis. I didn't know at the time the dog was pregnant and also didn't know that Isis in mythology is a fertility goddess. So, the name ended up fitting for several reasons. The dog had a litter of 6. :) Just so happened to work out evenly too. 3 boys, 3 girls.

These are Isis' pups (they are 2, will be 3 in May). This is Loki. She's my baby. :) She's the one who can say "I love you" and "hello mama". But her mama and her didn't get along anymore (both wanting to be the alpha female lol), so we had to separate them... so she never says "hello mama" anymore. :lol: Here's another one of Loki. I named her Loki because she's a mischevious little booger. :lol: Or she was when she was a tiny little thing. She liked to play hide and seek. :lol: In Norse mythology, Loki is the god of mischief. I thought it sounded like it could work for a girl name too, so...

We aren't sure what they are mixed with because we have no way of knowing who the daddy dog was since we got the mama at a shelter. To me, Loki looks like she may be part German Sheppard, but she's the only one out of the litter that does. She was the smallest out of all of the pups, yet she was the first one born. :lol: She is what is called parti-eyed because one eye is partly blue and partly brown and the other eye is fully blue. One of the other female pups was bi-eyed (one eye blue, one eye brown). The rest of the pups had brown eyes.

Here's the boy Chewy. He likes to chew on stuff, so the name is fitting. :lol: He doesn't look German Sheppard like Loki does. But, I'm not sure what they are mixed with.

Here are the pups in the snow. Chewy looks like he's gonna bite Loki. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  11. Smokey

What pretty dogs, GNRFan! All of them are beautiful!

No pics to share right now, but I wish I'd had a video camera going the other night when I had a huge ball o' cats rolling around the living room floor. :rolleyes: A neighbor cat peeked in the window and somehow that made my two start fighting each other. :shifty:

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

13. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I have to add 2 new ones to my list ;)

We've been adopted by 2 stray cats, whom we have named Lilly and Rico (Hannah Montana) :) They showed up at our house and hid under our deck for quite a while, and we started feeding them/built them a kitty house, and they've stuck around. Lilly will sit at the end of our sidewalk and watch me pull out of the driveway in the morning on my way to class...It's SO cute- and she comes scampering out when I get home...Rico's a little more shy- he doesn't want to be picked up or anything but he does pur ;)

Here are my puppy dogs...Molly is the white one and Koda is the black...I linked them cos I think they're probably too big to put on here. I have no pictures of Ricco/Lilly yet but I will soon :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/ShaoeyBeth777/MollyandKoda1.jpg

(An older picture but it's SO cute ;p)

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Erm... I try to play WiiFit but sometimes it's just plain hard. Yesterday, my youngest cat was standing on board when I tried to do steps and this morning, well see for yourself.

Her Highness

She's my oldest cat,. 9 yrs old

15. Jacquie

Ducky, Her Highness certainly does look like she owns the place. I love how cats seem to sense it when you want to do something and they have other ideas.