Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I was disappointed

• Could have been better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it´s like "Jo". but you really have to push your tongue against the upper teeth (i have no idea how to describe it better in english) when you say "nn", it´s quite a long sound. and the "jo" is like very tender.
but this isn´t a italian class now is it?!

you know what really sonds good in italian? "labbra" :D means "lips". and "bocca" means; "mouth".

Everything sounds better in Italian, right? :lol:

Yeah, the Gio=Jo thing really threw me for ages. It's just different. We have weird stuff in English, too, that's for sure.

yeah, italian just has that flow...

wouldn´t it be great if danny would get really upset (ok, so he got pretty upset already but bear with me here) and start yelling in italian? like nick did in spanish.
hott! :D

If Danny/Carmine were to bust out with the Italian speaking skills, I may be missing from the LockerRoom for a few days while I recover in hospital. LOL!
And when he's mad, he's gotta say, "Managgia la miseria!" It's a MUST. I use it all the time! LOL! I learned that from my uncle. BTW, for non-Italian speakers it means something to the effect of "goddamnit".

i must say that i'm having quite a hard time keeping quiet in class over here...

Hey, can I use that in a fic?

Yeah! For sure! Be my guest. :) Although upon investigation and googling...I find I spelled it wrong...it has 2 n's:
Mannaggia la miseria.
About.com has a link to many more wonderful Italian swear words. LOL.

And when he's mad, he's gotta say, "Managgia la miseria!" It's a MUST. I use it all the time! LOL! I learned that from my uncle. BTW, for non-Italian speakers it means something to the effect of "goddamnit".

When my ex and I lived in Italy the woman who lived across from us, separated by this out-of-control garden, would always say (to her husband) "maledicali ad inferno." I love Italian, even damning someone to hell sounds pretty.

Ali

From the Alternative Italian dictionary:
mannaggia! damn!, for goodness sake! note Commonly heard in Rome to express impatience or disappointment.

I swear, I never knew how many words they had for: slut, bitch, whore, etc. and the female genitalia. One of the worst, according to my Italian prof last year was "Fica"...he said one should NEVER use that word to someone because it was ruder than rude.

But definitely, us Italians make everything even being damned to hell sound romantic. LOL!

Do we have any way of knowing what part of Italy Carmine's family is from? Just for curiosity's sake because every region has a different dialect and by extension different ways of cursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back