The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen "The Number 23"? I'm contemplating seeing it tommorrow...either that or I'm gonna watch "Music and Lyrics" again...what can I say, I love Hugh Grant :p
Anyways, if anyone's seen it, I'd love to know what you thought. :)

On the weekend I watched John Tucker Must Die. Ok so maybe I'm a little late but anyways it was a good movie. Kinda like Mean Girls but still good. As for seeing a movie in theatres it was Dreamgirls. There's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. Terrible movie.

I just watched Borat and was quite dissapointed with it. I tohught it was interesting to watch the reactions of the average people but as for being a great comedy it just didn't make it. The show is much better.

I'd actually heard that before, too Calihan. Some friends of mine that watch the Ali G show and are familiar with Borat (and found him funny on the show) said the movie was all the same sort of stuff so they found the movie boring.

Ice Age 2.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see this film at the cinema. I saw the first one and loved it so much, it was my favourite animated movie. The second one I didn't think was going to be as good as the first, but I was wrong, it was so good, and as funny as the first. I enjoyed the plot line and I loved the new character of Ellie. My favourite character has always been Diego, I think he is so hilarious. If you enjoyed the first one, you'll love second installment. Highly recommend. :D

I've been watching a marathon of Colin Firth movies.. *drools* Great actor.. I'm currently watching Nanny McPhee--not bad for a 'kids' movie. Love him in the Bridget Jones movies too

I watched The Prestiege with somw friends earlier. My opinon isn't going to be the most objective of the movie. Personally I really didn't like it, and that's mostly because for most of the movie I had no idea what the hell was going on. Don't really have muc more to say than that.

Just saw a 'Ovary Channel Movie' called 'Born Into Exile'. I usually don't watch movies from the 'Ovary Channel', but this one was pretty good. It's about two teenagers who run away to California. It has Mark-Paul Gosselaar, what can I say, I've thought he was hot ever since I saw him on 'Saved by the Bell'.

The Good German,it's a little bit weird as it's like a movie from the '40 with Clooney as Bogart and Cate Blanchett as femme fatale,even with a Casablanca airport scene...
Poor George gets beaten up way too often.
I read that some of the Berlin images were shot by Billy Wilder.
If you like film noir you'll enjoy it.

Went to see "300" last night. It was way over the top at times and a bit cheesey at times... and I totally loved it! Very cool fimimng and a great performance by Gerard Butler really made it cool. Some of the fight scenes were just amazing- again, that sort of Sin City effect in terms of filming. Very cool.
Now, I thought the main bad guy Xerxes was a little cheesey, and there's a love scene that was a little much as well; in fact there were many "cheese" moments in the film. However, I think it's to be expected- it is based on a graphic novel, which is pretty much just an adult comic book. If you don't have a problem with that, then you should be impressed by the overall beauty of this film. :)

Saw "Night at the Museum" yesterday. Was pretty good.

Easter Island Head: [shouts] Quiiiiieeeeeeettttt!
[silence]
Easter Island Head: My dum dum want to speak.

:p

^Oh yeah that was a good one..saw it in theatres a while back. Mickey Rooney and Dick van Dyke were good in that, especially the credits lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back