The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I love Amelie! I took French for a while and the entire time I was trying to figure out what they're saying w/o looking at the sub. :p Great movie, and Audrey Tautou was excellent! :)

I just saw Munich recently. The event itself was a tragedy, definitely. But I felt that the movie lacked direction and some parts in the movie are inappropriate, even disrespectful. Steven Spielberg did good by casting Eric Bana though. :)

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Seen it a million times, but a wussy Johnny Depp gets me every time. Plus I just love Tim Burton's eye. His movies are so... dunno, vivid? He's got amazing cinematic vision.

3. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Fastastic movie! :) Even if it was in english, it wouldnt have been as good. I really liked that french charm in the story...just wonderfully done. Good script too. ;)

4. GottaLoveVegas

GottaLoveVegas Lab Technician

I popped in Se7en yesterday. I had heard "Closer" by nine inch nails and it reminded me of the opening bit in the movie, so I had to watch.

5. Palm

Palm Coroner

Good Will Hunting

At first, I thought it was a comedy because, seriously, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck writing something serious? Then it turned out I was wrong and totally blew my mind away.
    Eh, didn't mind it. Genius Mathmatical Janitor? Kinda reminded me of A Beautiful Mind, except I didn't cry and no one tried to drown a baby...

6. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

King Kong. Some parts are boring and long but most of the movie is wonderful.

7. Golden_Smile

Golden_Smile CSI Level One

X-Men 3: The Last Stand

I saw this on Wednesday with my brother and I absolutely loved it! Maybe I should have watched the first one, but I have seen the second one which I thought was ok - I prefer the third one and my brother says that it is the best from all three, well in his opinion. I loved the scene at the end with Wolverine's clothes eroding away, I was just waiting for all of his trousers to go :devil: :p
    I couldn't believe the main death in it, I kept expecting them to come back to life! I didn't get upset because I seriously thought that they would be alive at some point again. Hope that didn't give much away...
    There were some really funny points but I can't remember any of them at the moment! :( But I know that there was some definite funny points!
    It is definitely a movie which I would recommend, but I would also suggest in seeing the first two before :lol:

8. KimAZ

KimAZ Prime Suspect

Saw The DaVinci Code last night. I haven't read the book, but I could see the ending a mile off. It was so obvious, was it supposed to be? I don't know, for a supposed conspiracy theory I was expecting more mystery.

But I couldn't get past Tom Hanks ridiculous haircut...it was so funny.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I saw King Kong yesterday. It was good. I think I enjoyed it better when I was at home with all of the comforts, not in a cinema. Thought it was good both tomes.

10. Palm

Palm Coroner

Jerry McGuire

Yeah, um, the only thing I found good about that whole movie was the adorably cute kid. I swear, I have never seen a child look so huggably cute.
    As for the rest... felt kinda forced.

11. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Saw the Da Vinci Code. Kinda late, but I should not have bothered. Overhyped, under-delivered... it was disappointing. The entire time I was mentally screaming STOP!! I can't wait for the movie to end. Paul Bettany was brilliant though.

12. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

I was watched "The Exorcist: The Beginning" on TV a few days ago.

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah I now what you mean with that film, when I realised how long the film was I thought I'd wait to rent it out - I just can’t sit in a cinema that long without stretching my legs at some point. :lol:

14. Palm

Palm Coroner

*ears prick up* Someone mention the Bett-man? *gets squirrely*

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Just watched Matchstick Men with Nicholas cage and Sam Rockwell and it's excellent! Great performances across the board and a cool story. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.