The injury thread

csimonkey

Police Officer
Well working at Mossburn (the animal rescue centre) i get injured a lot :rolleyes: so my latest is a goose bite :p
owwwwwwwwwwww!

so come on then, post and grumble about your latest injury, we may even get some funny stories about how it happened! :p

Hmmm latest injury...thankfully I've never been seriously hurt *knocks on wood*. I stepped awkwardly on my foot a while ago and nearly killed my ankle. I've had players fall on me a few times in hockey, plus taken a few pucks off the ole noggin' since I'm a goalie. Last summer I was rollarblading to my friends house and I must have hit a rut or stone or something but I went flying and cut my knee and I still have the scars.

Well my two latest inuies are on my legg and my hand. The one onmy hand is from when my dad was in the hospital i was making something to eat and i wasnt paying attention (i was thinking about my dad) and as i was cutting mny bageli sliced my hand open.
The one on my leg was actually from shaving, i slipped ironically on a bar of soap, and i ended up shaving off a layer of my skin, and i have a scar to prove it!

^^ Ouch that hurts just to think about!! :lol: :p

My last injuries have all been minor, however one of them left a scar. Underneath my bed for the metal springs there are some rather sharp pieces sticking out and I accidentally stubbed my foot on it and it cut between two of my toes. It was weird though, because it bled very little but it left a scar.

My worst injury was probably when I broke my left wrist. I was running backwards with a kite (don't ask :rolleyes:) and I fell in a hole, and in reality I should've broken my ankle or my foot but I must've landed funny because it broke my wrist :rolleyes:

I play sports so I'm injured all the time. I've had my shin ripped open from playing Catcher in softball, someone slid into home and had illegal metal spikes...ouch. I've broken my wrist once, ankle once, sprain it almost every day, gotten a two inch deep dog bite on my arm that left a huge scar, broken two fingers, twisted up my shoulder muscle at summer camp and my latest was today, when I was plaing soccer- I slid to get the ball and twisted my ankle as I slid, then another player landed on top of me- a big guy, and his eblow fell on my wrist so it's messed up. And it hurts! :lol:

Gross, I know, but I also have had my tonail ripped off from when I stubbed it while climbing on the roof. Don't even ask how that happened, I have no clue. :confused:

cainesugar said:
I play sports so I'm injured all the time. I've had my shin ripped open from playing Catcher in softball, someone slid into home and had illegal metal spikes...ouch. I've broken my wrist once, ankle once, sprain it almost every day, gotten a two inch deep dog bite on my arm that left a huge scar, broken two fingers, twisted up my shoulder muscle at summer camp and my latest was today, when I was plaing soccer- I slid to get the ball and twisted my ankle as I slid, then another player landed on top of me- a big guy, and his eblow fell on my wrist so it's messed up. And it hurts! :lol:

Gross, I know, but I also have had my tonail ripped off from when I stubbed it while climbing on the roof. Don't even ask how that happened, I have no clue. :confused:

:eek: :eek: Oh my god! *squemish!* You poor thing!

Nothing major with me(definatly nothing compared to some of the injuries that all of ye have had!)...damaged ligaments in my knee once, for some reason that knee always gets sore when its cold. Sprained my finger once playing hockey..and that's about it really...

Yesterday I spent all day recording locations whith a pro camera, one of those big television cameras, without tripod, to add more, so now today my arms are killing me due to yesterday effort.

Also i got sunburn due to the long times exposed to the sun in the middle of nowhere, so now i'm red in arms, left shoulder and face, and also have a very nice bruise in my right shoulder from the heavy camera bag and the base of the camera.

Hmmm...where do I begin?! Torn ligaments in right ankle, several concussions...got punched in the face and lost a tooth...almost had my nose broken a few times...lots 'o stitches....tons of bruises...and that's just a typical week for me!! :lol:

Oh, and getting shot at is always nice. Got shot once (through and through) and grazed another time. (BTW...I'm a cop in case you were wondering what kind of sick person I was!) :lol:

Monday, I was on the schoolbus and my foot was turned into the aisle and someone kicked it and twisted my ankle in an awkward position and I was like crap, that hurt, but I ignored it and did Gym and went through my entire day without acknowledging it. Than I got downstairs for practice and It really started to bother me so I got in wrapped and as of now, it's a strain, and I can't walk well. and It's all bruised and painful, yuckk!

Well, it was last weekend, but I found it quite hilarious :lol:

I was sitting on the computer, and my roommate starts freaking out and threw a pot at me (she does that alll the time) only this time it actually hit me, on the head and nose to be exact. And my nose started bleeding, so I was like "ugh" and got a kleenex. Then later on (like a half hour later or so) I went running up the stairs and ran into a door and made my nose bleed even more. So, my roommate is like "hi, i have a disusting tampon looking like thing that I'm going to shove up your nose" :lol: It was a very interesing injury.

When I was five onece I was chasing an orange balloon (don't ask me why I remember that) and crashed into the corner of the tv stand and almost broke my nose, as a result my nose now haas a lump on it(not very big though) . Then a couple of years ago (i think two) I joined gymnastics and was doing a cartwheel (veery feebly) and fell and almost broke my wrist, but the doctor I went to was dumb and put a plaster cast over two inches thick on my arm then realised that it was only sprained really really badly, not broken :p. Then last halloween I got a concussion when I was carving a pumpkin! Se I was carving a pumpkin and went to sit down, only I thought there was a chair where there wasn't and sat on air then crashed my head on the window, luckilly my roommates boyfriend was all nice and helped me. then the next day at school all my teachers thought i was drunk :p. Owww, my roommate just punched my arm for being pathetic and talking about my injuries. so i threatend to give her an injury :p. but i'm weak so it wouldn't hurt :p

I had a lot of injuries. Most if them self inflicted. I used to selfharm.. so I guess that covers it all.

I had a few minor accidents as a child. I fell of a fence (did I spell that correct?), I had a few bike accidents and so on..

I dont remember how old I was when i did this but I must have been 8 and I was in a friends basement on my way upstairs i tripped over a zega cord and fell on the concret(sp?) floor,split my chin wide open! When I got up it felt numb I felt it with my hand when i removed my hand it was covered with blood.I was in such a panic i ran out of the house didnt even put my shoes on just ran home showed my parents and b4 i knew it i was off to the hospital. My mom was so worried she rode with me in the back seat,witch she hates, we whent to 3 different hospitals one they said it be a 2hour wait and the second said the doctor wasnt good at stitches! When we got to the third my mom pushed in front of the line showed the lady behind the desk my chin 5minutes later i had a doc lookin at it and i got 6 stitches.Still got the scar.

When I was 9 i broke my wrist on the monkey bars lol

And most recent injury was last Thursaday, was walkin across the street some guy blew the red light almost hit me,he swerved and hit the car that was waiting for the light to change.At the exact moment he hit the car I slipped on ice and fell in glass and stuff frm the crash. My hands are all torn up,had to get glassed removed frm them,and had to get 3 stitches in my arm and 3 under my eye.

And there are toooooooo many more to menchon lol so ill leave it with that :lol:

McStokes when you were sayin all that stuff about concusions and loosin a tooth lol i thought you were gona say you were a hockey player :lol:

I've broken both my arms, dislocated my kneecap without realising until I went up to the hospital FIVE days later(I have a very high pain threshold; it's quite freaky at times just how high) and I've torn my thumbnail off after gattin it caught in a fire door. I also have a scar from when I ran into the cooker. I'm very accident-prone :(

McStokes instead of being Nick's bodyguard I think he should be yours. Or at least your guardian angel :)

Let's see what I've done over the years. I've sliced the skin between two toes while helping cut up boxes. I've been told by reliable sources that I broke my collarbone when I fell out of my crib :) Somehow I don't remember that one :) I dislocated my thumb playing volleyball in school. My last injury was 4 years ago when I fell off a step ladder and broke and dislocated my baby finger

Back