The "HOTTNESS of William/Grissom" Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like having a good mix, makes it more interesting. I think Bones has done an OK job with it, but with any show I'd say the important thing is to keep a good balance with both sides. Me, it's not the GSR that worries me, it's what's gonna happen if/when it's discovered.

Maybe it's just me but for someone with little personal life, Gris sure likes to look...Revenge is Best Served Cold is the second time I saw him doing it. 'Course it's only fair, we all like to look at him :D

*pouts* Warrick gets shirtless again...Nick gets shirtless again...(Pledging Mr. Johnson) Where's Grissom????? *glares at the writers*

Adzix said:
WillowsWannaBe, we're awestrucked by his hottness all the time :D and i'm gonna tell you, TLADILA is my favorite movie with him. he's, like you said, just ... OMG there ;) you better rent thaat movie and you won't stop watching it over and over :lol:
That really really is OMG. :eek: So you know which scene I'm talking about. Woot. Okay, I'll watch the movie :) *runs to take it*

WP_Rocks_My_World, that's true. Personally (don't kill me please), I think they should kill Nick off. Because Nick gets in enough trouble as it is. And he irritates me. Oh, and we might get to see Grissom cry. I want to see that for some reason. WP_Rocks_My_World, I think that TPTB could do something totally awesome with the character stuff, ergo Grissom gets in trouble (they find his prints at a scene or something) and Sara alibis him... that would be so funny.
TLADILA=HOTTNESS. Forget renting it, BUY it. God, WP is fine in that movie.

WP_rocks I agree to some extent-I watched it for 3 years for the reasons you mentioned- however- when in S/3 saw Grissom in a more romantic scene "LHB" to be exact- I began to see more and more camraderie between the different characters, and got attached to the personal side of these said characters- and too much forensics DNA and blood-spatter gets old and bogs one down-and-becomes the same old same old-- who-dunnit-it- I do love that part of CSI--but the thing is on CSI/Miami- Horatio got married and it beat out our CSI in the ratings-- and "WAT" has personal romances as well as "Cold Case" and others---and their both always in the top 20---meaning people want to see their favs. come together with one another--I believe-- for me at least- ;) it's part of human nature- :pnot on a soap opera level- but a bit now and then- make it's more intriguing-and exciting- who didn't go WHAO-in 'Down The Drain" when Warrick caught Cath in his arms- :eek:-again for me at least-it's part of the whole enchalada-----so got that off my chest :D--- different strokes--------this is a funny little picture of all three top guys on CSI- who's the best looking- DUH :p :lol:

image_2103906.jpg

Personally I love the character of Grissom but I also love the concept of CSI as an investigative show. Surely I believe there must be a way they can give us a little more character revealation without becoming a "soap." I really want to see more of Grissom in the field being passionate about what I believe he does best; but of late he has often been relegated to being passed papers in the hallway or looking up from behind his desk to offer snippetts of advice. He has become too introspective and often self absorbed for my liking. So if it takes a little GSR to bring back the adorkable Grissom of earlier seasons then I say bring it on.

I watch CSI for the crime storyline first off. And of course, for Billy. I just don't want the show to turn into another ER. I quit watching that show years ago when I realized everyone in the cast had slept with everyone else at least once. :eek:

Jazzfan, that's why I don't watch Grey's Anatomy. :lol:
Saxon, you're absolutely right. I think I can trust TPTB to show us personal things without going off the edge of the metaphorical "procedural drama" map. CSI is awesome because it's not just the characters all sleeping with one another. Leave that to Desperate Housewives and the OC or whatever the hell else is on TV these days. CSI is unique in that we can see glimpses of the characters' lives, but they aren't the focus of the show. GRISSOM IS! CAROL MENDELSOHN SAID SO HERSELF! I kid. It's about the crimes, but it's unique in that it's not about how to commit the crimes, and it's not a "whodunit" mystery- it's about how these people found out who commited the crimes. The scene of the crime comes before the characters' good time, that's the way it is and how it always has been, and probably how it will always be. We think that the character stuff is taking over the show because of all the attention the character stuff is getting. When we think of Way to Go, we think of the bedroom scene or Brass, not the image of the guy in the corset or the guy who went on that massive binge. It's psychological. The bedroom scene gets far more attention than the cases, and folks, that's not how it should be. If CSI gets turned into a so-called "soap opera," it'll be because of us. Not TPTB. Because if we keep concentrating on only the character stuff, it's all downhill from there. Sure, the characters are awesome (especially our beloved Grissom), but so are the cases. And nothing should detract from that.

I'd like to see a bit more focus on the characters, as long as it's not overdone. I agree about the whole ER thing. I quit watching after a few years because it got to be ridiculous.

I watch CSI for Billy/Grissom. I would like to know more about Grissom, yet at the same time I love the fact that he's a mystery.

Oceanbirch, totally. Grissom is so completely mystifying, but he's so SEXY for it! Well, that and other things. <points to new siggy banner> VULCAN DEATHGRIP! <shiver>

Jazz you hit it right on the button. The crime storyline is first.
I think once you hit that grey area where we start to see CSIs in the bedroom and it's not a crime scene, then the soap stuff gradually starts to leak into the show. Of course everybody has their own POV on what is and what's not soap. Right?

Crysthala I always thought the focus of the show was "Victim, Suspect, Crime Scene" not Grissom. Again the POV comes into play here. :D
Yes BP is the lead actor and unfortunately the focus isn't much on him. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks "Victim, Suspect, Crime Scene" is the show. :lol:
Believe me if Gil was the focus of the show BP would be nominated for Emmys like Kiefer S. (24)

Saxon ITA with Grissom being more out in the field instead of seeing him in his dark room(office) or walking in the hallways too. That doesn't win Emmys my friends. But then I don't give a hoot about Award Shows anyway. :lol: Even if BP and MH are there to present. :) No thank you. :D

Thanks guys for letting me know how you feel about whether or not CSI should roll the dice and add more personal issues. :D

-------------------------
LADY HEATHER: You forfeited the right to give me advice some time ago. But thank you.

okey, but it's not that i want a CSI-Orange County or anything. i'm just saying that our show is in this point of it's existence that some changes are fine to be made. i find it completely understandable that TPTB want to put more personal stuff after 6 years. look at other shows, their putting all that in second season and it's too quickly. and i'm REALLY sure that CSI won't become a soap. firstly, b/c the whole crew has a very special way of working. not like in other shows where actors play what's in the script and go home, but in the way that they influence their characters a lot more than any other actors in other shows. i remember reading an interview with JF i guess and she said it's the way that WP wanted to work, that it's mostly his idea for CSI to become a more group effort in everything they do. and IMO, it will prevent CSI to become a soap. it never was a soap and it will never be. and if someone from the crew says there will be more personal stuff, i assume the'll just put couple more personal scenes or one or two continues storylines in season7. that's all. i'm VERY far from panick ;)

Indeed, Adzix. WP_Rocks_MY_World, I didn't actually say Grissom was the focus of the show. Carol Mendelsohn did. When I said Grissom was the focus of the show, I added the phrase "I kid," meaning I was joking... I really think that the whole point of CSI is the cases, and the characters are fun for the writers to mess around with.
Adzix, neither thy banner nor avatar show any more of Billy's skin but his face and his hand. Are you feeling all right? I'm not. I WANT MY ADZIX GRAPHICS!!!

On a different note- I watched "This Old Cub" yesterday- BORING-- unless your a Chicago Cubs fan-you'd think they were the only baseball team on the planet :cool: it was basically Ron Santo reminiscing about "the good old days" and Billy- Gary Sinise-Bill Murray Dennis Franz- and others talking about how much he-- and the Cubs played a role in their lifes- Billy- die-hard CUBS fan- :lol:looked so cute- :phe sure does like blue- :eek: did any of you catch it?

THIS OLD CUB

I've been wanting to; mom wants to see it and I wanna see Gary, but alas I missed it again.

*hugs and licks Billy enthusiastically* Yum!

desertwind said:
On a differnt note- I watched "This Old Cub" yesterday- BORING-- unless your a Chicago Cubs fan-you'd think they were the only baseball team on the planet :cool:

I miss that. :( Boring huh? Well Ron Santo is Billy's Cubby idol. :D I think that's what BP said during a Cubby game last season.

OT: Congrats Italy!!!!
clapsmiley.gif
clapsmiley.gif
clapsmiley.gif

I really enjoyed watching the World Cup 2006
clapsmiley.gif

A beautiful game indeed. :D

-----------------------------
MyTeam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back