The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

It would certainly be an interesting element to the show.

2. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Well there is the possibility that she's bisexual. Or maybe she was flirting with Grissom just to win him over and lose her attachment to Ecklie? Just a suggestion. :rolleyes:

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I don't think Sofia was ever intended to be gay, I think it's just that along with the American accent, I think this is Louise's interpretation of a female cop in the US - gritty, tough, swagger-y, etc. and it comes off as what we consider to be "butch" or masculine.

The Grissom thing, I think, was meant to be a genuine attraction, but lack of chemistry kind of got in the way. lol.

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Funny this thread has surfaced again...

Or maybe she wanted to gain Sara's attention?

She definitely has the vibe, and that's not just a "cop" thing. And so does Sara.

Anyway, I've never been aware of the attempted Sofia/Grissom thing until I read it somewhere. There was only one scene between them that I can think of which would hint at anything "flirty" (When she sat on his desk and asked him to dinner or sth, although the vibe they sent off was purely coworkers) Oh and then ABRTI when she said Grissom was her only friend... which came completely out of nowhere as they haven't exactly shared friendship development scenes before that. Or can I just not remember?

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think she was trying to justify her reasoning to Sara. Grissom is definitely a wise person, but also someone with influence over the case. She may have wanted his professional opinion to help her out, but since she legally wasn't allowed to do that, she covered it with the "friend" thing. But that was just my take.

6. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Dunno if this is considered OT cuz this is a ship debate, but I love Sofia/Gil friendship. If I wasn't such a devoted GC shipper, Sofia and Gil might be a cute ship...

Hmm, never had the thought come across that Sofia could be gay, though. Sara, maybe... I dunno. There are some pretty good fanfic writers out there, though, and if done correctly, they can make almost any pairing believable. :]

7. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Personally I don't need fanfics to make Sara&Sofia work ;)

I can't really see the friendship shing between Grissom & Sofia. They have a friendly co-worker relationship but beyond that I really don't know... They seem so different, I can't imagine what they'd talk about. Maybe it's just my general dislike of Grissom's character but I just can't see him interact with anyone (other than Catherine and Brass maybe) in any situation unrelated to work...

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Is Sofia [Louise Lombard] still on CSI?, I haven't seen her since "DEAD DOLL" :eek:

9. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

She signed onto another show. A cop show, and she's a lead role. I'm sorry, I don't necessarily care. lol

But she's no longer a main characters. (She's not in the opening credits). She'll still appear randomly, like many of the detectives, and be listed as a "special guest star."

10. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Actually, she only shot a pilot for that show and sadly it hasn't been picked up, so at the moment there is nothing else she is doing.

She's free to do so though, as she is indeed a special guest star now instead of part of the main cast.

But back on topic:

I'll miss Sofia, as she is part of almost all of my ships , even the crossover/original character ships ;)
    (with the execption of male slash of course, and Cath/Sara)

11. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

I actually kinda like Lady Heather/Sofia, and I'm not a femmeslash fan. XD Sofia will be missed, she was my favorite girl on the whole show. *sniffles*

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Now that's something I haven't considered before. Definitely nice visuals there :devil:

13. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Yeah, Sofia's definitely a whips and handcuffs kinda chick. ;)

Which reminds me, I was reading this Nick/Greg fic and it had hints of Lady Heather/Sofia flirting. That's initially why I thought they'd be a good couple. *shrugs* Just thought of that so I figured I'd throw it in there. XD

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

Keep in mind this is the ship debate thread and we need to stick to ships not individual characters.

thanks.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Heres' a couple letters in the new TV Guide, Oct. 29-Nov.4 about GSR! and the names withheld to protect their privacy!

"Thank's to CSI for my favorite couple's great coming-out"
    Mesquite, NV.

"In last year's season finale, Grissom confessed that Sara was the only person he ever loved. I think that pretty much puts our least favorite dominatrix out of the running"
    Brooklyn, N.Y.

"Grissom and Sara forever"
    Ceara, Brazil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.