The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Re: The Great Ship Debate

GSR is the only ship I love to bits and pieces. (I do like CatNip, but lets face it.. I'm inlove with GSR)

There is no doubt that we will see at least one episode of the characters talking about GSR, or confronting either Sara or Grissom. I don't hope it is dragged on all season. There is more to CSI than a relationship; and the writers know that.

2. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

:lol: Oh my...well I wasn't calling you psycho! How funny!!!

As far as the others knowing...I don't think they did. They were all shocked by Grissom's declaration of love. :rolleyes: Maybe they weren't looking for it...but by them not noticing at all...is just such crap...and that...went against most of the characters on the show. Especially Cath, Nick and Greg...they would have defiantly noticed...if their characters were written correctly. This whole GSR arc really needs to go. It displayed the other cast members as STUPID...

I don't think yobling will happen either. I don't see it anymore, and honestly I can't see Cath choosing Warrick now. That would make her 2nd choice in a way. But besides that...I think Cath has moved on. I know Warrick made a reference to thinking it would be easier to have married someone in the same field as himself...but then again I just don't see Warrick and Cath now. Not to mention...he's still married, and a hint at divorce hasn't really happened. I think Nick and Cath would happen before they brought back Warrick and Cath...the writers screwed that up back in season 6...I'm afraid. But I would agree that any couple would be more tolerable than GSR.

3. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Well, Catherine and Warrick have liked each other for a while.

"Big Middle," "Sex, Lies and Larvae," "A LIttle Murder," "Bodies In Motion, "The Finger," etc. And they're not even my OTP. Oh, and definately "Down The Drain."

I think that there's something in Warrick that she just likes and will do anything to get. Hell, he's her fantasy.

4. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Maybe. But as I recall, Nick and Catherine have had the most amazing chemistry.. (Shh. Besides GSR!) Built to Kill, anyone? Living Doll, she rested her head on his shoulder, and touched each other! How many times has Catherine stuck up, and spoke up for Nick? They're totally canon.

5. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I do love your thoughts!!!!! I think at one time Warrick and Cath had canon moments, but now Cath and Nick have them. My favorite one is in Living Doll where her chin was resting on his shoulder...they were so close, and then we all got to see that she was also touching him. It just looked really intimate to me.

6. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I agree, Catherine and Nick are definately meant to be. and I agree with Waiting, if Cath wanted Rick, she would've gotten him. and secondly, I doubt that woman wants to look second best if Rick suddenly got a divorce and ran to her saying, "I've made a mistake" I look for her to smirk and say, "Damn right you did, you're to late"

7. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

As soon as I say something about Yo!Bling becoming canon (which it is, and it's not a matter of whether or not YOU like it...It's what TPTB are doing, and they said they want Catherine and Warrick. That's WHY Warrick got married, so you could see Catherine get jealous. It's not what's going to ruin their potential.) all of the catnip fans have to come out of hiding. lol

I'm sorry. Nick's flame is so bright it could light New York City.

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

rofl. Same here! :lol: I can't imagine him... doing anything. His character isn't keep on showing his feelings anyway. So I can't see Grissom doing anything, but... talk. :lol: rofl
    I have a feeling that GSR will definitely continue... :( I want her to live, but at the same time--I don't want her character to be drowned out through a canon relationship (much like Lindsay on CSI: NY).
    Yeah, I see that too... but they will have to deal with it eventually... Until then however--there'll be a lot of tension in the lab.
    Actually, I don't see that at all. Sara's love for Grissom was clear and she asked him out before--and was shot down. Okay, I understand that she pined for him for years--but his feelings were never constant as he said 'no' to her before.
    Then again, we don't know when GSR started now, do we?

9. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I really don't want GSR to start taking over the show. No doubt it will be mentioned because the team know now but it really doesn't have to be a main feature, does it?

The writers definitely screwed up Yobling for me and I'm sort of half that and half catnip. I can see the chemistry of both and I think that there was a time when Catherine would have formed a relationship with Warrick but I agree that she seems to have moved on from that now (maybe to Nicky?)

If yobling is going to become canon then I'm happy with that. I'm just not convinced that they will remain true to Cath's character if she and Warrick get together because he married Tina. She seemed a little jealous. Yes. But there's been no mention of that recently and we've instead seen her having more intimate moments with Nick. If TPTB want to ship her with Warrick then great but please don't destroy her character.

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i don't want any ships to become canon anymore. and i highly doubt any will, to be honest.

TPTB had the GSR storyline playing out for 6 years before they decided to do something serious about it. i can't recall any other ships except YoBling that would have any real indicators over the years that it could go canon.

CSI is going into its 8th, possibly last season. i don't think there is any more space for another ship in the last 24 episodes of the series.

so basically what i want, is them to develop the GSR storyline in terms of personal stuff, but not forget about the CSI's original scheme. and that's what i believe is gonna happen eventually.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I really don't want any more ships to go cannon either.

I'm not a fan of Gris/Sara and hopefully it will have some resolution/ramifications in the upcoming season.

Now, I'll join the debate

Cath/Warrick- I did see the attraction. They did have some chemistry, at least I picked up on it. But in the more recent seasons they have steered away from that, ie. having him get married. Now, I don't see as much chemistry as there was between them.

Cath/Nick - I like how they do have them very close at times where I find myself going... What's going on here between them. But, I prefer for this relationship to stay the way it is, the 'are-they-or-aren't-they-together' because as several others have said, one cannon relationship is enough on the show.

12. CathStokes

Well well well what have we here, its Cath/Vartann :p I couldn't resist, I'm sorry.

Cannon Canon...

Yobling isn't what it used to be. If it happens now, its OCC for Catherine.

and I agree, she's had TONS of those, what they doing scenes with Nicky lately.

FYI, Twins, just because you mention yobling and canon in the same sentence and you see catnip ppl posting, doesn't mean shit. We like to post at random times, its what catnippers do :) and its not canon, btw.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'll go for that :D

or some mention of Cath and Vartann

And what exactly are you trying to say :confused:

He he he :lol:
    sorry I couldn't resist

14. HarmonyMe

HarmonyMe Hit and Run

I'm still fairly new here but I'm game.

Warrick/Catherine:
    I like them together. I think their chemistry is way hot (they're both hot so go figure). The little "moments" between them like in (I forget the name of the episode) where they're in the gutter (teehee) and he catches her. It looks for a moment as if they might kiss but they don't. I could totally feel the heat from where I was sitting. I don't know that I had thought of them that way up until then but I've been rooting for them ever since that episode. I'm a Shakespeare and poetry fan....I'm big on angst so having him get married, IMO, just makes the prospect for their relationship hotter. I think that he really has feelings for Catherine and I totally believe it's possible to be in love with 2 people at the same time. I'm assuming it's just a matter of time before they end up together.

Grissom/Sara :
    I LOVE this pairing! Again (as with Warrick and Catherine), I didn't see it from the get-go but there were a couple of moments here and there where I thought, "Hmmmmm, I could totally see them as a couple, I wonder if they'll put them together." I think people put WAY too much attention on the age difference. Age is just a number. In RL, I believe that when you find someone who makes you happy it doesn't matter if they're old enough to be your father, or young enough to be your daughter. I'm already married to a wonderful man who is my age (actually 6 months younger than I am) but had I met someone 24 or 25 years older who was everything I was looking for, I wouldn't care that he was so much older. Some people argue too that if you're with someone that much older, you're destined to have to bury them someday. Why? People die in car accidents, plane crashes and drownings all the time. Life is uncertain. Love comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, etc. and I believe it's possible that sometimes soul mates are just born further apart than would be ideal by normal standards.

Greg/Sara :
    I was kind of rooting for them for a little while. It was very cute the way he was always flirting with her. However, I think he's too young and naive for her. She's been through a lot in her life and I think she needs someone more settled and able to understand her better. As much as I love Sara, Greg should have someone more.....bubbly. Let's face it, that ain't Sara. I just think they're way mismatched.....as far as characters. If we're talking about chemistry, Eric and Jorja definitely have that together but I don't think their characters are suited to each other.

My 2 little cents on the matter. :D

15. CathStokes

I do wonder what the V-man is up to. You already know my thoughts on your ship ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.