"The Gone Dead Train" Discussion *SPOILERS*

My dear with all due respect, when you give a review, you don't have to resort to name calling.
hah, see how it feels when someone bashes your favorite character? lol. i don't think Nick was a wuss in that particular scene but let's be honest, he's not the toughest guy out there. and i don't mean it as a bad thing. he's an emotional guy and a romantic. some girls dig that. i don't, but hey, everybody is different.

You see, I don't feel she was bashing Nick, I felt she was wrong in calling him a wuss, because he isn't one. Wuss and judgemental are have totally two different meanings.

You see, you say he's not the toughest guy out there, well someone who can manage 24 hours being buried alive is one of the toughest people to me.

I think he's tough, but probably not the toughest. However, either is Grissom or Greg. I though Warrick was tougher than all of them.

However, I also agreed that he can seem judgmental at times, heck we all are at times. I've wanted to smack him a couple of times throughout the years with his comments. Hmmm, maybe I should smack the writers, though. :lol:

In any case, no I don't like when someone bashes my favorite character, but if what they're saying is right, that's one thing, but you see I didn't put Nick on pedestal and say he is never judgmental or I feel his comment isn't wrong. Or imply he never does any wrong.

In any case, I think they need to make Nick Assistant Supervisor. :) But, hey, that's just me. :lol: I'm being totally objective with this statement. :lol:

However, I would've like to seen Nick scold Catherine too. That would have been funny. :lol: Especially when he's taken chances. I could just see Catherine's look and Nick slowly walking away from her. :lol:

Last edited:
Your right speedy, I'm protective of Nick..so I feel strongly about anything. I'm like a pit bull ..but he's just a fictional man,but he's mine!!:klingon::lol: Got it speedy..*heads over to Texan Charm to continue the battle!

Great review Kay

But for those of us who loved reading your reviews it was probably a turn off and I for one will probably not take your reviews as seriously as I use to but as you said we have that right...read it or leave it!:thumbsup:
Well, I sure HOPE you don't take the reviews seriously! Good grief, they're not official reviews of an episode, they're just thoughts that come into my head as I watch the show - most of the time done as half humor/half review.

I don't know if I mentioned here before, but I loved the blues music and blues discussions that Doc & Ray had. You really don't hear much blues music or discussion on tv shows - or even movies these days.

I don't know if I mentioned here before, but I loved the blues music and blues discussions that Doc & Ray had. You really don't hear much blues music or discussion on tv shows - or even movies these days.
I loved those scenes. I don't know very much about blues, but the music was quite good.

Does anyone remember that cute line from Ray when asked about liking blues by Doc, something about fatty meat?

This is one of the elements of Langston I like, this cool, blues-like vibe he extends. He's really cool. I still would rather shows not centre around him just yet. Just yet that's all. Still love the guy.

Last edited:
But for those of us who loved reading your reviews it was probably a turn off and I for one will probably not take your reviews as seriously as I use to but as you said we have that right...read it or leave it!:thumbsup:
Well, I sure HOPE you don't take the reviews seriously! Good grief, they're not official reviews of an episode, they're just thoughts that come into my head as I watch the show - most of the time done as half humor/half review.

They were enjoyable but there were those times that I did wonder if you actually were watching the same show as I,(insert corrections) but they were entertaining. But I use the word "Were", guess I am too much of a Nick fan,some things crawl under my skin and name calling is one of them. I just expected more from you. Maybe I respected your opinions too much but I have made that mistake before with other reviewers...I learn!:)

Hey fans what good does it do, or what does it accomplish to dice others on their views/characters, this is about the episode:rolleyes: Here's a site about the old blues singer Robert Johnson, that Ray and Doc were referring too, and listening too, he was way before his time. If anyone gets a chance to listen to his music your in for a real treat, authentic blues:thumbsup:

ROBERT JOHNSON

Last edited:
You see, I don't feel she was bashing Nick, I felt she was wrong in calling him a wuss, because he isn't one. Wuss and judgemental are have totally two different meanings.
i wasn't really responding to your comments. i think it was myfuturecsi that became a bit defensive when someone said they thought Nick was this and that. my favorite characters have been bashed so much it's not even funny, so it's interesting to me to watch some people's reaction when the table's turned around.

That's the difference. I never seen Grissom and/or Sara fans admit to any of their characters flaws.
you generalize a lot. why all GSR fans? why are we even talking about GSR again? just so you know i like a few other characters who others bash (for example Lady Heather or Sofia).

My dear with all due respect, when you give a review, you don't have to resort to name calling.
hah, see how it feels when someone bashes your favorite character? lol. i don't think Nick was a wuss in that particular scene but let's be honest, he's not the toughest guy out there. and i don't mean it as a bad thing. he's an emotional guy and a romantic. some girls dig that. i don't, but hey, everybody is different.

You see, you say he's not the toughest guy out there, well someone who can manage 24 hours being buried alive is one of the toughest people to me.

I think he's tough, but probably not the toughest. However, either is Grissom or Greg. I though Warrick was tougher than all of them.

However, I also agreed that he can seem judgmental at times, heck we all are at times. I've wanted to smack him a couple of times throughout the years with his comments. Hmmm, maybe I should smack the writers, though. :lol:

In any case, no I don't like when someone bashes my favorite character, but if what they're saying is right, that's one thing, but you see I didn't put Nick on pedestal and say he is never judgmental or I feel his comment isn't wrong. Or imply he never does any wrong.

That's the difference. I never seen Grissom and/or Sara fans admit to any of their characters flaws.

In any case, I think they need to make Nick Assistant Supervisor. :) But, hey, that's just me. :lol: I'm being totally objective with this statement. :lol:

However, I would've like to seen Nick scold Catherine too. That would have been funny. :lol: Especially when he's taken chances. I could just see Catherine's look and Nick slowly walking away from her. :lol:

Speedy,if you noticed...Nick arrived first! I (in my heart of hearts) feel Catherine called him first,then Brass and then finally Ray to assist Nick. I liked it when she told Ray to go assist Nick...I like her authoratative way when it comes to Ray,not too harsh but to the point.

I think Nick and Catherine have a very close relationship,I feel he trusts her and she him. Remember also she called Nick,not Ray to say she had received her shots.

Maybe I see too much but there was one scene in an episode where he gave her this look, it was was one of those looks!

I think this question may have gotten lost in my long review, but... Did SuperDave actually say his middle name was Gregory? Or did I misunderstand?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. There's a difference between criticism and bashing.

think this question may have gotten lost in my long review, but... Did SuperDave actually say his middle name was Gregory? Or did I misunderstand?

yes he did..does anyone know what Langston's quote was about fatty meat..it was my favourite one of the night.

I think this question may have gotten lost in my long review, but... Did SuperDave actually say his middle name was Gregory? Or did I misunderstand?

I believe so! I thought they gave David Berman a little more to work with this episode--which was nice!

As for kaylyne's reviews, guys, they're not official, they are just thoughts that she writes during the episode, with a conclusion at the end. She was just sharing her ideas on what she thought was going on, and responded to them.

I think we can just agree to disagree.

As for kaylyne's reviews, guys, they're not official, they are just thoughts that she writes during the episode, with a conclusion at the end. She was just sharing her ideas on what she thought was going on, and responded to them.

I think we can just agree to disagree.

I had no problem with Kaylyne's review, just her description of Nick as a wuss when it pertained to his comment in the tattoo parlor. I, in no way, thought she was bashing Nick and agreed with her that Nick does seem judgmental at times.

I thought it was a great review. Sorry Kaylyne, didn't mean to pick on ya!

i wasn't really responding to your comments. i think it was myfuturecsi that became a bit defensive when someone said they thought Nick was this and that. my favorite characters have been bashed so much it's not even funny, so it's interesting to me to watch some people's reaction when the table's turned around.

you generalize a lot. why all GSR fans? why are we even talking about GSR again? just so you know i like a few other characters who others bash (for example Lady Heather or Sofia).

I never mentioned GSR, nope never typed GSR. I said Grissom and/or Sara. People can be fans of both and NOT be fans of GSR. I wasn't talking about GSR. If I was, I would've said GSR.

I've also removed my comments since I've offended some people. I apologize.

Now you see, you're generalizing. You assume everyone who says something against Lady Heather and Sofia are bashing them and that's isn't true. Some yes, all no!

But I'm getting way off topic again and will get in trouble again, so I'm outta here.

It still was a great episode and I hope they explore this friendship with Ray and Robbins. It would be unique.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. There's a difference between criticism and bashing.

think this question may have gotten lost in my long review, but... Did SuperDave actually say his middle name was Gregory? Or did I misunderstand?

yes he did..does anyone know what Langston's quote was about fatty meat..it was my favourite one of the night.

Thanks, I thought that's what he said, but wasn't sure. :lol:

About Ray's quote, I thought he said "does fatty meat have grease" or "is fatty meat greasy", but I'm not positive.

I believe so! I thought they gave David Berman a little more to work with this episode--which was nice!

I agree, Shane. I loved that he got more scenes than his usual one. I love SuperDave.

I thought it was a great review. Sorry Kaylyne, didn't mean to pick on ya!
I'm not offended at all. I like rational discussions.

I guess "Wuss" was the wrong word to use at the time, but it was the first one that came to mind. As I watched that scene with Nick & Ray in the shop, I was picturing two young boys on the playground:
little boy: You try it.
little Nicky: I'm not going to try it.
little boy: c'mon! I dare you
little Nicky: no way! that's just wrong
little boy: you wuss!

Another thing I don't think I've mentioned is WENDY!! Even that one small scene where she was just processing the DNA evidence with no dialogue made me smile. She seems to light up my tv screen just with her presence.

Now you see, you're generalizing. You assume everyone who says something against Lady Heather and Sofia are bashing them and that's isn't true. Some yes, all no!
*facepalm* did i say all? no i didn't! you're generalizing! ROFL!

anyyyyway, i think vegaslights is right. this discussion doesn't lead anywhere.

i think i might be watching Parks and Recreations next week, instead of CSI. the whole theme of the next ep doesn't really fascinate me too much.

Back