"The Gone Dead Train" Discussion *SPOILERS*

OMG! TalkFiles has been invaded by aliens..aaaaak:eek::eek::lol:

Destiny, use your powers of wisdom and ask them to leave..

:guffaw::guffaw: mfcsi, you made me laugh so hard with that. :lol:

---

I adored that note with the flowers from Al to Cath. Too sweet. :D

---

About Nick's comment in the tattoo parlor "This is all kinds of wrong."

as a person WITH tattoos I found my eyes rolling at his comment, however he has a right to his opinion. I will say this, one big difference between people with tattoos and people without (not all). People with tattoos don't care whether or not you have one. Just sayin'

I don't think he was referring to the tattoos though. I think he was referring to the more invasive surgery type of things going on there. :lol: I mean, it's not every day you see someone getting metal balls implanted into their backs or someone willingly getting their tongue split. It's bound to be a little bit trippy seeing something like that the first time. :lol: Though part of me still thinks he was referring to the fact that people had that kind of stuff done in that kind of environment as opposed to using a cosmetic surgeon or whatever.

I forgot to mention this in my other post, but I love how Brass was lecturing Catherine about how the situation "could have" escalated and "gotten out of hand". I was like "Uh, hello, she just got her butt kicked, and was injured, and the lady died. I'd say that it DID escalate and got out of hand!"

I don't think he was referring to the tattoos though. I think he was referring to the more invasive surgery type of things going on there. :lol: I mean, it's not every day you see someone getting metal balls implanted into their backs or someone willingly getting their tongue split. It's bound to be a little bit trippy seeing something like that the first time. :lol: Though part of me still thinks he was referring to the fact that people had that kind of stuff done in that kind of environment as opposed to using a cosmetic surgeon or whatever.
I agree. I don't think the tatoos were the issue, more with the body mutilations.

forgot to mention this in my other post, but I love how Brass was lecturing Catherine about how the situation "could have" escalated and "gotten out of hand". I was like "Uh, hello, she just got her butt kicked, and was injured, and the lady died. I'd say that it DID escalate and got out of hand!"

Yeah, Brass..what a dude..Catherine probably wanted to say, "Hello lady with the hand injury here..what did you think I was doing in there Brass, dancing the fox trot with her!!"

Last edited:
hey Destiny, sorry if anything i said was out of line. didn't mean to stir a disruption. thank you for the reminder. :)

I totally agree with that Shane. I saw it as Brass saying: If there's going to be something that happens, let it happen to me and the other officers as it's our job and we're trained for this on a daily basis. And if something happens to you while I'm there, it'll be on my shoulders and I'll deal with the consequences. (kind of like with Officer Bell in ABRTI)

I also think Brass was thinking - we've already lost Warrick, and technically we've lost Gil & Sara, and I can't lose you now too because of something like this.

Just noticed something, but I don't know if it'll mean anything:

In "Mascara", Langston knew the victim, and was allowed to work the case. Conflict of interest didn't seem to come into play during the episode. However, in this episode, Catherine being a witness was considered a conflict of interest and could not work the rabies case.

I wonder why sometimes there can be conflicts of interest and other times not. :confused:

In "Mascara", Langston knew the victim, and was allowed to work the case. Conflict of interest didn't seem to come into play during the episode. However, in this episode, Catherine being a witness was considered a conflict of interest and could not work the rabies case.

I wonder why sometimes there can be conflicts of interest and other times not. :confused:

Good question..maybe it's up to the CSI to take it or not..

I like your icon Vegaslights:)

You're just so insightful tonight, oh calming Buddha! :lol:

I know Cath mentioned that she was a witness, but 'technically' she could also be a suspect here too. Doc didn't actually see what happened. He obviously never heard a gunshot, but he heard a struggle. If Mrs Kelly would have had any remaining family, they could have probably come up with some kind of lawsuit. After all, as Cath stated - she 'technically' wasn't on a case or official CSI business, she was just doing a favor for Doc.

Well Catherine was a witness (or rather, as she said, "evidence") in A Little Murder, but she worked the case anyway and identified the killer. So I guess it really depends on how the writers want it to be. lol.

LMFAO @ your new icon, Shane. :lol:

I know I'm coming on quite late again. (Evil Grey's fans stole the common room TV again.) Anyway, I LOVED the episode. This is one of those very, very rare episodes where it really does feel like everyone got decent screentime -- and not just decent screentime, but decent good screentime. Every character got to show at least a little bit of personality, which was nice. That to me stood out as a true mark of strong writing on Hoyt's part (and, presumably, on the part of whoever the story editors, et al were).

But my absolute favorite part was when Doc Robbins starts processing and there's a blues harp in the background! Harps (harmonicas) are so underappreciated, as is the blues, at least by the general public (many musicians, on the other hand, tend to credit blues powerhouses like Willie Dixon of Chess with having one of the biggest influences on all popular music of the last half-century). And I definitely hadn't listened to as much Robert Johnson in quite a while, so it was a nice reminder to check him out again. He's an amazing artist with an absolutely fascinating story. I definitely always hear about most shows (i.e. Grey's) sticking with current Indie-ish/pop/rock music, so my respect for CSI just about doubled. I love that they went old school blues. Now once they throw in some Little Walter and Motown on the show, I can die happy :)

Oh, and to anyone who really liked the music in this episode, check out Chess Records and Alan Lomax. They were both responsible for a lot of the best old school blues.

My one complaint -- the way Kayla's last, seemingly worst insult to the other girl (I think Rhonda?) was that she would always have a fat *ss. Seriously? I can understand the fixation with slimness in our general culture, but I will never understand what the big deal is with small butts. Back home in DC, that kind of comment would be a compliment, not an insult (albeit worded rather differently). Most of my friends adhere strictly to the Sir Mix-a-lot school of thought, but I guess that's neither here nor there, and not terribly important in the overall episode. It did, however, stand out to me as the second instance this season where I didn't like how CSI portrayed the female body image. In 'Leave Out All the Rest,' Riley and Greg made the assumption (before they found the body) that Justine had fake breasts based entirely on a photo of her, which just didn't seem fair or even realistic. She definitely didn't look unrealistically large in the photograph that they based the entire judgment on.

Last edited:
No, I called him a "wuss" because his judgmental attitude about things not ordinary hasn't changed since "Slaves of Las Vegas". Remember:
NICK: Catherine, do you really think that those freaks out there, running around with their little dog collars on getting spanked are the same as you and me?
CATHERINE: Just because you never did it doesn't mean you never could.
NICK: No way, never gonna happen."
(that "freaks" comment has bothered me since I heard him say it the first time. I'm definitely not into THAT lifestyle, but I don't call those that are "freaks".)
- - - - -
Or how about the freaked-out look he had in "Ch-Ch-Changes" when he & Grissom walked to the back of the transgender 'club'.

It's the same thing here. Just walking into that tattoo/piercing parlor made him comment about how all of that was "just wrong". Personally, I don't have any tattoos or piercings (other than a big old surgery scar), but I don't frown upon anyone who does. I thought his comments were quite rude and judgmental towards others who weren't 'purists' like him. THAT'S why I called him a "Wuss" - for not being man enough to get over his childish prejudices, or at least not speaking them in a public place while on a case.
Honestly, he's just a lovable character. Also "childish prejudices"?
There are a lot of things certain people don't agree with, and it doesn't make them "childish".

I personally are in the same boat as you; no piercings or tattoos whatsover (never going to get any). But I do get weirded out over the excessive lengths people go with tattoos and piercings. It sometimes becomes an addiction and ruins people for the rest of their lives. What you have done was basically insult people(through insulting Nick's character) who don't agree with certain things people do. I just wanted to get that across as respectful as I could. If I didn't I'm sorry and like someone suggested I'll button my lip after this. xD
I just wanted to get my idea across like everyone else had.

As for the episode;
I loved the episode! =D

I though it was hilarious, and one of the maybe top ten of my favorites for this season. I loved Cathrine's line about being similar to a vampire, and Hodges being used in an reenactment for Greg and Riley.

I loved the interactions between Ray and Doc. Also the overall quirkiness of the people's death's being revealed. (ie being killed with a pork chop).I didn't think her friends had anything to do with it. Although didn't the autopsy results reveal she had semen inside her? Or am I thinking of something else completely different?

Loved SuperDave working the autopsy by himself!! =)
The rabies episode was very interesting. I never thought the "man-ceptionist" had anything do to with it. I honestly thought he was just one of those characters that would be either effected some way as a bystander or end up getting killed himself.

It scared me when Catherine was attacked! =O
I thought we were gonna lose her, once it was revealed the way those people died. This episode was certainly one of those that had me laughing and at the edge of my seat.

That's about it. :)

Last edited:
I personally think Nick Stokes this character, is a masculine handsome hunk, and would never think of calling him any sissy name, he's just compassionate and has high values, that's his character on CSI, he calls it like he sees it. In this ep. he was blunt, that's his style and talk about blunt how about Brass? He's [Nick] is pure and true to himself:bolian: I thought he was right on and always have~

Last edited:
Back