"The Gone Dead Train" Discussion *SPOILERS*

No, I called him a "wuss" because his judgmental attitude about things not ordinary hasn't changed since "Slaves of Las Vegas".

That still doesn't make him a wuss. A wuss is someone who is weak, a wimp.

Yes, his comments have been judgmental at times and I've wanted to smack him for a couple of them, but all of us are judgmental. It's human nature. Besides, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Nicksfriend, I agree with you. We don't know, for sure, what Nick was referring too. He could've been referring to these people have these modifications done in a non-sterile environment.

I know he was commenting on the tattoos, because Nick, originally, was suppose to have a tattoo. Tptb changed that and we never did get to see it, though I would've loved to see it.

Last edited:
Maybe judgemental is a better word becouse Nick is definely strong and not a wimp.

That said,I loved this episode.The medical part was well handled and nothing was over the top.Doc is definely one of my favorites and I liked how he was smart enough to know something was wrong with the 4 undetermined deaths and persistent to want to know the truth no matter what.I't obvious that he has a great connection with Ray and Catherine and their scenes were awesome.

And I LOVED Brass.His lines were so hilarious as usual but I also liked how he gently reprimanded Catherine and was so concerned for her at the same time.

I will watch religiously each week for episodes like this.

It's the same thing here. Just walking into that tattoo/piercing parlor made him comment about how all of that was "just wrong". Personally, I don't have any tattoos or piercings (other than a big old surgery scar), but I don't frown upon anyone who does. I thought his comments were quite rude and judgmental towards others who weren't 'purists' like him. THAT'S why I called him a "Wuss" - for not being man enough to get over his childish prejudices, or at least not speaking them in a public place while on a case.
My dear with all due respect, when you give a review, you don't have to resort to name calling. Your review was good and I really liked the way you inserted the quotes from the show.

I mean, Top41 is not a fan of Anna Belknap, but she doesn't resort to name calling when she does her reviews. She's critical of her acting, but she does it in a way where she won't resort to calling her names. I may disagree with her on some degree, but she writes her views in a way where you can clearly see she's given a lot of thought to what she wants to say. There's way to write opinion without putting people's backs up. You could have left out the 'wuss' part and kept the rest in.

You did well with the rest of our review, but the 'wuss' part put me off because I think Nick is hardly a wuss. He's a very strong perso who just has traditional values about him. He doesn't believe in body piercings, or S&M..and hey he was buried alive, you think he wants to be tied up. Not likely. Not liking body piercings or S&M doesn't make you a wuss. Nick has been portrayed as enjoying hobbies such as paragliding-that's brave.

The key point here I'm trying to make is you want us to read your reviews, but if you insult a dearly loved character, you may drive off some reviewers in the future. People are very protective of their characters on this board. They feel real, even if they aren't.

Nick fans, you can read a friendlier Nick review here

Last edited:
I liked it. I loved how Doc & Ray bonded over Blues music and got into the hospital records. I think Nick may have been a little bit grossed out by putting the balls under the skin, I know I would be if I saw that being done.

But Grey's is killing us in the 18-49 demo and catching up quickly in total viewers.

9-9:30 -

4.9/13.485 Grey's
3.5/15.098 CSI

9:30-10 -

5.2/14.390 Grey's
3.7/15.495 CSI

It's the same thing here. Just walking into that tattoo/piercing parlor made him comment about how all of that was "just wrong". Personally, I don't have any tattoos or piercings (other than a big old surgery scar), but I don't frown upon anyone who does. I thought his comments were quite rude and judgmental towards others who weren't 'purists' like him. THAT'S why I called him a "Wuss" - for not being man enough to get over his childish prejudices, or at least not speaking them in a public place while on a case.

One more thing here, you criticize Nick for judging people, yet you are doing the same thing with him. He doesn't gel with your views, so he's wrong. If he really didn't like tattoos or body piercings there's nothing wrong with that, but saying he was rude and judgmental isn't right, because, right now, you're being the same thing, judgmental. That, also, doesn't make him a 'purist', if that was the case he would never had slept with a prostitute (now, you see, I find that all kinds of wrong. Sleeping with her, not being one).

However, even though I think you're wrong in your assumptions, I respect your opinion. Why? Because you have your beliefs, I have my mine and Nick (though a fictional character) has his. :)

Now, I loved the episode. It was funny.

I love Doc Robbins, you just gotta love him. I like him and Ray being together and their little road trip. I hope they have more scenes together. It's nice for Robbins to have someone to play off. I loved them bonding over the Blues.

SuperDave and his first solo? :thumbsup:

Nick being Acting Supervisor? Well, it's about time and I think he did great.

Greg's expression about BME? :lol:

I could, actually, tolerate Riley in this episode.

Love Brass 'scolding' Catherine. You really gotta love Brass.

Catherine expressions and reaction to her having rabies, just perfect! Marg played that great and more kudos to her for having Nick be the Acting Supervisor.

Oh and don't mess with Catherine at a crime scene.

Ok, the boyfriend was a total *&@$#, Mr. my girlfriend can only be a certain weight and then only get back with her so you can go to Hawaii and her being pathetic and taking him back. (Yup, I'm being judgemental here). I say, take him to Hawaii and come back and say "I don't know what happened, he just disappered". :lol:

First i thought the episode would be intense but then... :p

Nice to see Ray,Brass and Doc was worried about Cath. Cath the tough guy ! :cool: She doesn't need a man to save herself but rabies..bzzz...

Doc and Ray should be more together. Robert's acting is natural, i like it and he sings so good. Btw, Dave's first solo? I always forget he is Doc's
assistant. Riley's words was funny...

Nice Greg moments. Finally he was outside in the lab under the sunshine. Vartan and his expressions and Hodges scenes... just :guffaw:

That still doesn't make him a wuss. A wuss is someone who is weak, a wimp.
Well, I thought "Wuss" sounded a bit cuter and friendlier than "whiny judgmental bigot" - but, yeah that probably wasn't the most accurate term. I actually meant it originally as a friendly little 'poke in the ribs' to Nick, because he seemed to be acting like a little child. :lol:

My dear with all due respect, when you give a review, you don't have to resort to name calling.
Oh, c'mon! It was an affectionate pat on the cheek to Nick, cuz I was laughing at him during that scene! :cool: And besides... the review was at my own journal, so I could review it the way I wanted! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh, c'mon! It was an affectionate pat on the cheek to Nick, cuz I was laughing at him during that scene! :cool: And besides... the review was at my own journal, so I could review it the way I wanted! :thumbsup:

Oh I agree with, I just like your writing and want people to go there.

:angryrazz:This episode was one of the most gruesome, gory of all time, body parts, abrasions, holes in the skin, piercings,and other horrible bloody things that was hard to watch EWWWW:( the rabies stuff scary, and all the low-lifes that appreared in this, and a Pork Chop death amazing, who would have thought of that? OH the CSI writers. I thought when Cath was being attacked that she would kick a.. and she did, and got bitten in the process. I loved seeing Ray and Doc together, and reminisce about the old blues from the 30's cool, they have a great connection, and LF is awesome:thumbsup: And their road trip, I seemed like the journey from Vegas, to Reno was about an hour, when in reality it's about a 8 hour drive. Nick was awesome as always, I love him, he's so compassionate.. as well, the rest OK, it was a bit hard for me to follow and wonder why someone would do this, but in the end it became clear. I liked last week's better, but it was interesting. I know the woman involved was in another CSI, with the boys who killed their dad. I forget which one and who is the guy with the beard, who ran the tattoo parlor, what show was he on?

Last edited:
It was a great mix of all the characters in this episode. I really like it. I still feel that Ray is in too many scenes and I like Ray but they could chill with trying to incorporate him into every conversation. It just doesn't seem natural. Some really good moments. Nick as acting supervisor was the best! Catherine being tough awesome! Doc Robbins being himself was great! And our little David doing his first solo autopsy was PRICELESS!

My dear with all due respect, when you give a review, you don't have to resort to name calling.
hah, see how it feels when someone bashes your favorite character? lol. i don't think Nick was a wuss in that particular scene but let's be honest, he's not the toughest guy out there. and i don't mean it as a bad thing. he's an emotional guy and a romantic. some girls dig that. i don't, but hey, everybody is different.

Oh I agree with, I just like your writing and want people to go there.

But for those of us who loved reading your reviews it was probably a turn off and I for one will probably not take your reviews as seriously as I use to but as you said we have that right...read it or leave it!:thumbsup:

Back