The Fury of Love - CatNip RP

When Catherine grabbed his arm and forced him to look at her, he could see the anger in her eyes. Just now he realized the effect his words had on her. "...Where the HELL do you come off? You are right about ONE DAMN thing. I should have told you”

The expression on her face changed from one second to the other, the anger was gone and now she looked so weak and fragile. It almost broke his heart to see her like this. Nick wanted to say something but before he could even open his mouth she spoke again. “But, Don’t you DARE set me up to FAIL you! I'm human...I'm going to do things wrong. I'm going to make you angry, but damn it...DON'T DOUBT the person I am," Although she turned away from him, Nick could see that Catherine started to cry.

She wanted to leave but he put his hand on her shoulder. Now it was his turn to force HER to look at HIM. "You see? You're doing it again Catherine! Everytime you get emotional you turn away. You never admit anyone to see your feelings. I know I hurt you with what I said and I never intended it to sound so harsh. I'm really sorry for that. I would never doubt the person you are, you are a wonderful person...It's just that I felt so angry and disappointed that you hadn't confided in me...I couldn't do anything about it."

He took a step toward her and now his face was so close to hers that their noses almost touched and he could feel her breath on his skin. "You don't always have to be the strong woman that can do everything on her own. Maybe you think it's a sign of weakness to cry infront of others...it is not! We know that you have feelings, everybody does. You have friends who want to help you and you have....you have me. I want you to share your feelings with me. I know it is a difficult time for you right now, for me too. But I'm always there for you, you know that and whenever you need anything I'll be here in a second.” He put a finger under her chin and raised her head so he could look into her beautiful deep blue, now watery eyes. “Please promise me that you will never keep anything so important from me. Don't let anything like that ever get between us again...."

**Catherine’s first quote is from Joseph Authur~~it's beautiful isn't it!**

She continued to stare at him as she opened her beautiful mouth to speak. Lost in a world of words and thoughts…all she could seem to think about was the growing yet already strong feelings she carried for Nick. She meant to talk to him about Neil Howard, but the silence became her as she gently looked down as she grabbed his right hand. Her mind seemed to shift elsewhere as he became unbearable not to touch. Stroking his palm lightly, the fear of rejection seemed to stir within her. “I don’t know why I’m so afraid…If you weren’t real…I’d make you up,” her voice was barely audible as a small, yet nervous smile caressed her partially opened mouth. That was something she had always wanted to tell him, but her emotions so strong that they always seemed to get in the way. Not now. Not anymore. “Nick,” was all she managed to whisper as she got lost in his dark, intense stare. She swallowed hard as her body seemed to pang from a whirlwind she found herself tangled up in. She felt her cheeks turn hot as she realized she was staring at his lips, and he purposefully caught her. Hands lightly dusting his chest, she slowly leaned into him as she tried to reach his height advantage as she rose on her tip toes. His arms slowly settled along her waist to help steady her as her lips finally met the sweetness of his warm mouth.

ooc: Anyone wanna hear a plot idea...I keep getting ideas about Rick running into Tina again and since she's still angry she tries to kill him...

Does it sound any good? Or too angsty?

Warrick tried to relax, still feeling helpless since he couldn't be there to deal with the current situation. He wasn't hurting; the drugs had ended that, but he was beginning to hate being hurt and doctors and hospitals and the whole darn thing. He hoped he could remain calm enough from now on to heal himself but it wasn't going to be easy.

Nick continued to stare at her, paralized by her beauty. He was breathing slowly, taking in the scent of her that he would have recongized out of a million different scents. The urge to kiss her was so strong that he just wanted to lean forward and capture her mouth with his.
Then Catherine tilted her head and grabbed his hand. The touch made him shiver and he wished she would never let go of his hand again. “I don’t know why I’m so afraid…If you weren’t real…I’d make you up.”

The smile she gave him was shy and nervous but at the same time so unbelievably sweet and sensual. “Nick,” The way Catherine whispered his name made his heart beat faster and he knew that she was going to kiss him. Nick could see how the desire turned her cheeks into a light red. He noticed that Catherine had to rise to her tip toes and just then he realized how petite she was. He leaned forward, settling his hands along her waist to steady her and he took one last deep breath before he felt her lips being pressed against his. First Nick wasn’t sure how to react, he didn’t want to push her or do anything wrong. But when she didn’t pull away he let one hand glide from her waist to the small of her back to bring her even closer and deepen the kiss, her body molded perfectly to his.

~~~~~~

The moment seemed to last forever and only the need for oxigen made Nick brake the contact. But he didn’t release her, he took her into a tight embrace and stroked her back. “Cath....” was all he could manage as he was still out of breath. Nick couldn’t believe what just had happened. He’d kissed the woman of his dreams, the woman who had been teasing him for such a long time. “Was that real?” He whispered without even knowing it. So many thoughts were swirling through his head that Nick decided to stop thinking and just savour the moment.

She felt so safe wrapped in his strong embrace as her small arms slithered around his lower back settling along his hips. Deep in thought, she nearly missed his hushed voice as his breath dusted her hair. “Was that real?”

She smiled in the crook of his neck as she let out a small laugh. “Mmhhh…Yes it was real.” Her voice came out sultry which was not her intension. Eyes closing to the constant motion of his hands as they rubbed at the small of her back, opened briefly as his hands came into contact with the bare skin of her side. Heart beating faster at the sudden intensity of his touch, caused her head to roll back. It seemed every nerve was set afire as his hand lingered further up her side causing goose bumps to materialize across her fair skin.

She quickly reeled him in tighter as she rested her head on his chest as her desire nearly over powered her. Wanting to give into every temptation possible at the moment, she breathed in his scent before damning herself until eternity. “Nick…can’t…want,” she mumbled incoherently as she felt his hands glide across her soft skin causing her to fall silent. The bliss she felt was so unbelievable as the fear clutched at her heart. She had never felt this way about anyone. She knew she was in over her head when she lacked the obvious control over her own feelings, thoughts, and not to mention her mind. She felt undeniably vulnerable knowing that Nick had the power to hurt her worse than anyone before.

Nick was overwhelmed by his desire, he hardly understood what Catherine said. All he knew was that it had been whispered hot into his ear. “Mmhhh…Yes it was real.” It seemed as if his hands had a life of their own, he couldn't control them anymore as they were rubbing her back and stroking along her sides, touching her delicate soft skin. Nick closed his eyes and tried to calm his breathing, taking in her sweet scent with every single breath.

He felt her shiver as he held her close, almost causing his knees to give in. Lost in the heat of the moment Nick heard Cath's voice which seemed to come from miles away. "Nick...can't...want," The sound of her breathless voice caused his hands to intensify their motion. Wrapped in passion, Nick only understood half of what Catherine said. "Yesss...I want you too...wanted for so long..." he managed between gasps.

Although it was almost impossible for him to hold back any longer, wanting her more than anything else, Nick somehow managed to tear his thoughts from the burning desire to sleep with her right there and rested his hands on her back, stopping their stroking motion. He knew she wasn't ready for this and as much as he wanted her, he didn't want to ruin what they had. If all he could do at the moment was hold her close, he would have been damned not to do it, so he brought her even closer to him without the intention of ever letting her go again.

Greg was left standing right at the bottom of the stairs, he wasn't sure what was going on with everyone. But he wanted to find out. So he started pacing around the house looking for Catherine and Nick, and when he found them he was quite shocked actually.

They were in each others arms faces right next to each others. So when he saw them he yelled, "Yikes! I knew you guys were digging each other but not like this..."

Catherine's mouth opened as she pulled away from Nick, and looked at Greg. Damn, they were both caught, but she was hoping she would be able to fix it. Smiling at Greg, she walked up to him as she lightly patted her hand on his shoulder. She felt the heat rise to her face, and knew her cheeks were set a fire. "Men...always thinking they know everything! Well, what does this mean?" She softly asked as she left her hand lingering on his shoulder before it trailed down the length of his arm. She then leaned in closer as she gently laid a kiss on his cheek. "Are you hungry?" She whispered knowing her voice came out all sultry. Greg's face was priceless as he shot out a smile at her. They had always shared a fun flirting relationship.

"Then again...I bet you are too," she whispered in the same voice to Nick. "I'll grab Sara and we will cook something up." And then she was gone leaving the other two alone.

Sara looked at Catherine when she entered the room, She was going through some drawings that she had drawned, nobody knew she had liked to draw, She quickly closed the folder and placed it behind her, "Oh hey Catherine, what's up?"

Having the impression that she just interrupted a personal moment, Catherine could not help but tilt her head at Sara. She barely heard Sara's whispered response of "Oh hey Catherine, what's up?"

"Nothing really...just are you hungry?" Catherine stopped as she brushed her bangs from her eyes and side stepped Sara. Without thinking she slowly approached the bed as her eyes took in the sight of the folder. "What's that?" She asked as she pointed to the folder lying on the bed by itself.

She could not help but watch as Sara quickly grabbed it, and held it firmly to her chest. Whatever was in the folder, was obviously something she treasured yet remained private to her. "Sara...," Catherine whispered as her hand gently touched Sara's shoulder in reassurance. "Hey I didn't mean to pry or make you feel...uncomforable? You don't have to tell me anything...well unless you want too."

Sara looked down at the folder, wondering if she could tell her, she took a deep breath, talking about it does help, right?.. "Its drawings" she said softly and then handed Catherine the folder, "After..everything happened, I'd go to my room, curl up and draw, it was a great escape, over the years, I got better at it"

Greg could feel the heat in the room as both Nick and Catherine turned and looked at him. He was really surprised seeing them the way they were, but even more surprised when Catherine walked up to him with her flirty face on.
He just grinned as Catherine touched his shoulder, and then kissed his cheek.

He felt weak at the knees as all that happened. He didn't know what to say when she asked him if he was hungry so he just stood there smiling. Nick was rubbing the back of his head in the back ground as Catherine smiled at both of the men and left the room to go fetch Sara.

Greg looked at Nick and he did the same as Greg finally said, "W-wow! You for sure got her all tangled up in you don't you Nicky?"

(Sorry it took me so long to post, I have no computer riht now so I'm using the library, I'll try and post as offend as I can!)

"Its drawings" Catherine barely heard Sara say as she gently handed her the folder. Sara slowly continued as she took a step back and wrapped her arms protectly around her middle. "After..everything happened, I'd go to my room, curl up and draw, it was a great escape, over the years, I got better at it."

Catherine's eyes started to water when she realized what Sara was referring to. She knew Sara was referring to the times her father molested her. How do children get through something like that? That is such an unjust act committed to a child especially by someone they trusted. It's unbelievably cruel. She shook her head lightly as she stared down at the folder before she made eye contact with Sara. "It's okay if I look at these right?" Catherine found herself asking knowing that the trust here was very important. For some reason Sara was trusting her, and the last thing she wanted to do was break that trust.

She watched as Sara slowly nodded as she quietly walked and stood next to her. Catherine briefly looked over at her as she gave her a small smile before she opened the folder. The first piece she saw was of course troubling in its own way. It displayed Sara so well that Catherine's hands began to shake. "Beautiful...but so sad," she whispered with out realizing. The picture was in amazing details of different flowers that were colored in many vibrant hues. Except for one flower which was in the middle of all the glowing, blooming flowers--it was colored in a drab, light ebony color which was obviously wilting. It had become unresponsive to the bright light which was provided from the over powering sun. The wilting flower was undeniably Sara, so maybe the sun represented her father in some way. He was of course slowly killing her from within.

"Sara...I don't know what to say," Catherine stopped as she searched for the right words. "I'm...well...I'm glad you trusted me so much. I know this...wasn't easy to share," she whispered as she continued to look at the picture. "Does the sun represent your...father? Where the hell was your mom in all of this? Catherine finally managed to ask as a wave of anger came over her.

Sara took a deep breath as Catherine asked her questions,
Does the sun represent your...father? Where the hell was your mom in all of this?

She rubbed her arm softly, "Yeah, the sun's my dear old dad" she said a bit bitter, but not towards Catherine, but to her father, She looked at Catherine, "My mother was hardly around, gone all the time and when I told her, she never believed me, she'd always say, 'Sara, your just making it up'" She licked her lips and continued, "There was nights when I'd lay down on my bed, thinking, why couldn't she be right, that I was making it all up, but then I'd remember, or he'd come in and *remind* me of it"

I'm so glad to finally be back! Thank you, thank you, thank you Cathwillows for keeping Nick alive in my absence! Apologizing in advance for an inadequate post. I'm a little rusty...
----

Nick just looked at Greg, trying to keep the rising crimson down below his cheeks at the sudden embarassment of getting caught. Greg looked like he was going to fall over. Poor guy. He wanted to smile, realizing that was how he felt the first time he and Cath met; sudden, electrifying heat. When Greg finally cleared his throat and spoke, Nick looked up to see a grin splayed across his face. "W-wow! You for sure got her all tangled up in you don't you Nicky?"

His eyebrows raised quickly, caught off guard at the word choice he chose. Tangled up? Did he know about earlier when they had almost made love? Or was he just thinking about their human pretzel act a few moments ago? He shook his head, trying to just push it aside. And Nicky? Since when did anybody besides, occasionally of course, Grissom (and Cat behind closed doors) call him 'Nicky'? Nick just gave Greg a playful, glaring look before brushing past him to the kitchen where he expected Cath and Sara. But they weren't there.

Swiveling quickly, Nick glanced around the room. He could've sworn he heard the rustling of fabric; clothes. But no one had come into the kitchen yet. He shook his head again, trying to regain some composure. This whole night has screwed me up. These few days have screwed me up. What if Cath's right? What if Neil really isn't the guy? What if he's still out there, right now?

He coughed, trying to refocus his head. Whenever he was left alone nowadays, he was left alone with all of those unanswered questions. Looking around, he searced for Cath's Scotch, but couldn't find it and ended up just standing there, staring at the door, lost in thought.

Back