The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

All ideas about rings on chains etc. are sweet and kinda romantic what is not my the strongest side 'cause usually I don't see things in that particular way. But, yeah, ideas are cute and I don't mind if they'll true someday;)

That's more like me, lol. I believe thay had a long and a little bit hard way to be together (and again my fanfiction world, lol).

Sweet but this one is my favourite. I see Greg's giving Nick this wristband. Nice scenario.

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I'm very behind... Rings. I do like the idea that maybe Greg would wear his around his neck, but I don't know. As others have said it looks more of a bling ring than a love ring. Totally great idea though, how amazing would it be if in next weeks ep there's Greg with a ring on a chain around his neck ;) And I think they'd have to have been together a long while to even consider getting engaged, and I'm not sure how long I think they've been together.

3. Jayceepat

Jayceepat Victim

Hello all; I can't believe this is my first post on this site since I've been writing Nick/Greg for almost two years now. I've enjoyed catching up on the threads on this site and I'm really impressed that this is Nbr 20. I think the reason this pair has caused so much discussion is because of all the characters on TV, Nick and Greg have the most chemistry and the best interaction. It's so easy to imagine back stories and scene's that take place off camera and after the episode is over.

I also think that one of the reason's we have so much discussion is because the writers are blithering idiots who don't seem to have the word continuity in any dictionary they have access to. They start all sorts of story lines and then just abandon them leaving the folks who watch the show shaking their heads in amazement and wondering WTF????

I believe when they decided to go the Sara/Grissom route they had to scramble like mad to overcome all the moments in the past 6 seasons when Grissom refused to entertain any of Sara's overtures. To do so, they cut the interaction between the main cast characters because there was more connection between Hodges and his computer than there was between Sara/Grissom. Just having Catherine and any of her team together tossed off sparks. I still grin when I think of Greg asking her if she ever wore anything like the showgirls headdress. When she told him she wore nothing but skin, his little 'OOOH' was just priceless.

I'm beginning to think I don't want the obvious attraction between our beloved boys to become part of the show for the same reason you all have mentioned; these freaking writers could not write an honest love story if it bit them on the nose. Just watch any of the moments in the series Torchwood and you can see what a huge difference there is in the way they convey closeness and intimacy. I'm sure that a big part of it is John Barrowman's sexual orientation BUT he makes you believe he is lusting silently for Gwen and when he held Tashiko in the final episode of season two the love he felt for her was so real it hurt.

The CSI writers seem to think that extreme passion is two people in bee helmets trying to smooch after one of them says they think they should get married. Give me a break please. My husband and I were married for 32 years when he died and up until his last illness we still were necking in the car on long drives.

I'm really sorry...I did not mean for my first post to be long enough to make up for the last two years. Shutting up now.

4. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I like to think the boys have been together since the end of season two. Cause in season one we see the friendship that slowly is moving towards flirting and something more.Then the real flirting and touching starts in season two and three so yeah. The honeymoon phase as they say where your can't keep your hand or eyes off you partner. I don't see the rings so much as engagement. More as promise rings to each other me thinks. But yet as more and more stuff happens in the show it becomes more and more likely that they will get married. Sorta seize the day cause you never know whats gonna happen in the future.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I found this article from the L.A. Times over on Your Tax Dollars at Work that I though you all might be interested in the last paragraph of. It comes with a warning though. There are spoilers to an upcoming episode in the two paragraphs before.

David Rambo

Susan

6. Jayceepat

Jayceepat Victim

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

OMG David Rambo is gay!!! I had a feeling he was but that gives me hope that just maybe there is hope for Nick and Greg's relationship after-all. Mr Rambo and I have exchanged emails occasionally and he has said that Nick and Greg make a great team. I am very happy to hear about him and his partner. So sweet.

Welcome aboard Jayceepat!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Yay, thank you so much blackflag for this article:)

I even didn't think that David Rambo is gay. I only knew that he likes Greg and of course made a good Love scenes. So we still have hope for more Love in new season. It definitely made my night (day too but that will be few hours later, lol). And of course congratulations to David Rambo and his partner! It's so great that they'll get married after a long time of being together:)

And welcome Jayceepat!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Aww, that's congrats to him and his partner. And possible good news for the love :) Maybe there's hope yet? Maybe we'll get some more love scenes from his writing (like we've had beforE) It gives us hope I guess, but he doesn't have total power over what's written, and he might not even be a love fan :( although I'm not getting negative ;)
    Thanks for posting blackflag.

And welcome Jayceepat

10. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

First off, I'd like to welcome Jayceepat to the Fort, and I hope you like it here xD

^^ Secondly, I totally have to agree with you. Nick and Greg's chemistry is off the charts. Some people who haven't even thought about them as a romantic couple always seem to comment on how they play off each other when doing a case together (geez--we're due for another episode like "Bull", right?). They have this connection that's just BAM! and you gotta know that something is hiding behind their playful interactions.

Thanks for the article, Blackflag! I honestly had no clue that David Rambo was gay, and I agree with everyone when they said that this gives us a bit of hope for The Love. Something a little more concrete would be amazing for our boys, but if subtext is all we're gonna get, then we just gotta live with that. We've lived with it for nine years anyways, so it's nothing new.

I agree with everyone who's said that, in the picture from "For Warrick", it looks as if Greg is grasping Nick's shirt. Maybe he's falling over or maybe it's conveying a closeness. I honestly don't know. All I do know is that I love that picture. They all look great together.

11. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Congratulations to Mr Rambo and his partner! It's so sweet...

blackflag, thank you so much for the article! Jayceepat, welcome aboard!

So there's still hope for our ship...*crosses fingers* Yes, David Rambo loves Greg's character (he wrote "Kiss Kiss Bye Bye") and I hope that he also loves The Love; he has written some episodes that are slashy goodness.

Like "Bull". This scene between the boys is priceless....:devil:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the scene where Nick kept in his hand the card from the wedding chapel....;)

[​IMG]

David Rambo also wrote "Post Mortem". I loved that scene where a teary eyed Nick told Warrick: "What can we do for him?" And of course, I LOVED this exchange of looks and how Nick came to Greg's defense agressively in the trial:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please, Mr Rambo, give us more of THIS :)

[​IMG]

Thanks for the bigger pic, Jayceepat, Greg is TOTALLY grasping Nick's shirt! It's something that also gives me hope..... they showed that pic, and not other, for a reason...;)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Well, I think I've discovered another bonus to being a Torchwood fan - they know how to do fanservice. At a recent convention over the weekend Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) sat in John Barrowman's (Jack) lap, and they, eh... made out quite a few times. Not sure what GDL's girlfriend and JB's husband are going to think about that, lol.

Hmm... So don't expect much from THP? That's disappointing. I've heard about how Greg doesn't appear much, and I'm hoping that once Sara goes he'll get a lot more screen time. Also, that episode in that article looks like the sort of thing that will definitely have Greg as a lead due to his local knowledge. Fingers crossed for some Nick/Greg interaction!

I also did not know about David Rambo. Talk about a secret well kept, and congratulations to him and his partner. There may be hope for The Love yet, lol

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome Jayceepat, I'm glad you found your way to the Fort! :thumbsup:

After all those nice pictures of the boys I had to re-watch some clips from Bull. Can you say chemistry??? They are so awesome together!

I really think TPTB are afraid to give them more cases together because of their great chemistry. You would have to be blind not to see it. Maybe that's why they don't share that many scenes anymore?

And congrats to David Rambo and his soon to be husband. Maybe there is some hope for the Love after all.

And that photograph? Greg's holding on really tight to his Nick. :devil:

14. DFraMacKey

DFraMacKey Victim

I didn't like THP that much either, and well I too was a little irritated that Greg's case was all about Sara you know... but well guess it needed to be done...

Some were talking about Greggo rubbing up on Nicky and I couldn't help but remember something I notice about a month ago while watching csi... (sorry can't remember the names u.u)

I was watching Se7Ep10 Loco Motives and when I saw Greg I so remembered that two days prior I had watched Se8Ep10 Lying with dogs... in which seems that Greggo and Nicky had a similarish (is that even a word O-o?) style lol

Anyway this is Greg on LM:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is Nick on LDWD:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry if you cannot appreciate very well the screencaps I looked for the best ones... well as you can see it looks almost like the same shirt and sweater O-o... well I like to think that they are using the same... like Nicky is getting ready for work, looking at their closet searching for a shirt and comes accross this one and thinks, well, Greg hasn't use it for a while... and it still smells like him so maybe so he won't miss him so much at work he puts it on lol... but well I think I made my point or maybe not... And I remember Nick's sweater is tighter, so this would makes sense since Nick's more built than Greggo...

And congrats to David Rambo! :D Hope he gives us more Love scenes :p

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  15. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Thanks seabird for the nice reminders. I loved both epis:) Can't wait for more in the next season (yes, I believe we gonna have it;)).

This thought is even worse than they're just blind. Their chemistry is so strong and probably they can't bare it. It's sad cause Love has so big potential to be a really good ship as a canon. But well, we know how they're treating ships:rolleyes:

DFraMacKey, really good catch! They clothes there so similiar. Two epis, two season and the same shirt, lol. Really sweet.

My favourite sentence, lol. And again I'm romantic:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.