The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^^ I totally agree with both you and bubbles. In the first few seasons, they were just testing the water, seeing how far they could go without actually outing themselves (*cough*they-totally-did-anyways*hack/wheeze*) or letting the other person know that they were indeed interested. I'm sure Greg could tell right off the bat that Nick had more than just friendship on his mind, but I'm not sure if Nick could tell 100%. I'm not calling Nick completely clueless when it comes to flirting and whatnot, but ... well ... maybe I am. He just kind of goes after something without really realizing how it could affect him, ya know? He just couldn't keep his hands off Greg, and he probably didn't even notice.

I could totally imagine this happening:
    (Shortly after the little celebration at the end of "Who Shot Sherlock?")
    [In the locker room. Warrick and Nick are at their lockers]
    Warrick: Man, you really couldn't keep your hands off Greggo, could you?
    Nick: (utterly bewildered) What?

That's just how I think of Nick's flirting style--very touchy feely and he doesn't even realize. Greg, on the other hand, is more sly. And sneaky.

But back on the topic at hand--Nick and Greg definitely got more serious with their relationship. I agree with whomever said the married couple example (I apologize, I can't remember who said it) and that's exactly how they act! They don't have to be constantly touching each other anymore or constantly flirting or having mad!eye-sex. They have their own serious relationship at home, and it doesn't have to spill over at work anymore.

Nick ... ah man, Nick's gonna be going through hell without Warrick. No more "it's you and me, Serpico", no more going out for beers and no more hanging out. *blows nose into hankie* I'm gonna miss Warrick so much, and I'm going to miss his interaction with everyone, especially Nick. They had this absolutely astounding friend chemistry--I loved to see them working together. There was an easiness to their relationship.

Our Texan is going to need a shoulder to lean on, and I hope that TPTB let him lean on Greg. Greg's been there through everything, and Nick's been there for him too. Maybe not as in the foreground as Sara was in "Fannysmakin'" but he went with them to the hospital (he even had tears in his eyes, I think ... ) and he was there for Greg in "Post Mortem" and he DEFINITELY had tears in his eyes that time.

What I'm trying to say is that friends are there for each other. *shrugs* Nick and Greg are friends. There may be more to their relationship, but I'm thinking that Nick just needs a friend at the moment.

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Their personal life was showed sometimes in a really strange way. And honestly, quite inefficient. We saw Nick's "dates" - Kristy :)brickwall:), detective Secula, girl from the club in BTK part 1, I remember one flirt (very short and showed only in one episde) with telephonist (I guess it was fourth season). In Crow's Feet (I watched yesterday so I remember) Nick looked back at a girl in dressing gown. This look wasn't a look which can give guy to a girl who is attractive. Honestly, I don't know what was that, lol. This small scene was really forced. Probably this girl kicked him unintentionally so he looked back. Nah, it was not a good catch to say that Nick likes girls. Even a little bit pathetic like with this telephonist (she asked him for a dinner, and Nick is gentleman. Maybe they were on a dinner but she ended up like Secula - with nothing). It's almost all "date" history of Nick. Not very impressive and in many times (more suitable word - always) just foced. But well, at least we saw his "dates" faces. Did we ever see Greg's date who was a girl? We have telephone call and one DNA sample, lol. More pathetic than Nick's situation. And maybe they're not giving for Greg girlfriend cause we consider his as bisexual. So technically, he can have a girlfriend. He can even have her when has a relationship with Nick (if he's style is polygamy but I don't think like that). I said it 'cause it's a good example that no matter what TPTB will do with Greg and his privet life, we gonna find a good explonation. Actually, we have the explonation from the beginning.

I'm agree with you. CSI canon couples are not good. TPTB is forcing for them angst which is unnecessery. It's a couple and that't the end of case. They don't need to have such big obstacles on the way. And here we're talking about heterosexual couples. I don't want to think what they would do with slash. Everyone here have their own view on the same ship. I have different, MLC, bubbles, love fan and go one. But we know the big talent of TPTB for making canon couples. They would destroy every of ours visions.

BTW, I like the idea that Nick and Greg are also comforting Catherine. It's really great. I think they all need each other in those hard days.

3. Eurydike

Eurydike Victim

Definitely forced. The thing about Nick's dates is they usually reveal more in what they're missing.... The most 'significant' encounters were both season 1, Kristy (and yeah, Ugh!) and Secula which was one date, which she was enthusiastic to repeat, him not so much. Almost like he's trying the girl thing and it's not working for him....
    Remember s2ep16, Primum Non Nocere, Nick and Warrick are investigating the death of sax player, and Warrick's interested in the singer, asks Nick if he's interested, Nick says he's 'been on a personal losing streak with the ladies' and he's giving it a rest for a while.

After that we don't really get much of anything, plenty of girls flirt with Nick all right but he rarely, if ever reciprocates and when he does it seems more out of politeness or to get some information for a case. The girl in BTK was an absolute plot device really, and so badly orchestrated, blech. But even then, seen as we don't get a name, and Nick doesn't appear to see her again, it's implied he spent the night with her, but as he doesn't actually say as much...well, he just tells Catherine he's knows her, they dance together, they leave, they couldve gone on somewhere else, met up with friends, who knows...That bit where Catherine remembers them together, is as much what she thinks she remembers under the drugs. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but im not entirely convinced Nick slept with that girl.

I'm actually rewatching S4 at the moment, haven't come across the telephonist yet, what ep is that from? I remember Warrick with the telephonist in ep2 of S4, they made a date for dinner. There is of course the pyromaniac in 4.19 Bad Words, but thats hardly really Nick flirting, rather an excuse so he can flirt with Greg (btw his "Thanks doll" is probably one of my fave Nick/Greg moments ever, their chemistry in this scene is electric)

Obviously i'm biased cause I think Greg and Nick have been together since end of S2, but unlike Warrick, Catherine, Griss and Sara, whom we've been given actual glimpses of in relationships/on dates -Lillie, Tina, Chris Bezich, Adam Novak, Terri Miller, Hank, never mind GSR throughout the series. From Greg and Nick, after Season 1, we get zilch, nothing which is strange, especially given that Greg has two consecutive episodes in s1 where he talks about two seemingly different girlfriends (talks to Nick of course :p)

For both of them, it's like there's been a moratorium on showing their personal lives on screen, that we don't see for any other characters. Odd.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

With Secula I think situation is for me easy. Nick wasn't really interested in her and it was no matter of his sexual prefrences. And... again Kristy. Secula was in one episode - Sex, Lies and Larvae which was 10th episode. Final episode with Kristy, Boom, was 13th. Probably TPTB here wanted to kid us (funny, but I thought about it now, even when I saw both epis few times). They made all story with Nick and Kristy. In this case we can explain situation with detective Secula. But... (another strange coincidence), in the same episodes where was Kristy like Pilot or I-15 Murders was also Greg. And those scenes with him and Nick we see as The Love scenes (I would say even a very good flirt scenes). It can be a clue that Nick was in denial and he wasn't sure with who he really wanted to be (lol, I have another explonation, but that's my only fanfiction world). But let's face it - Kristy was a hooker, how very intelligent guy went with her to her house? How? I think this denial was a really deep problem and probably Nick couldn't get used to his preferences. So we had all this Kristy fascination:brickwall:
    Part with Primum Non Nocere fits perfectly to denial theory. Nick gave up girls 'cause of the reason we know.

We don't know... Maybe he didn't sleep with her? We know nothing so in my mind he didn't do it. And lol, that not suits to the theory that Nick was in denial. So what was that? A TPTB's catch? Or whatever it was, I don't like. That was odd and OC.

Honestly, I have no idea. I only remember that was something like that (in 100%). But which epi, I really can't say. Maybe even it wasn't 4th season, maybe fifth? 'Cause of my memory it could be even third:lol:

5. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL yeah i get where your coming from Banshee_D maybe the reason why Nick never took it that far is because he could be supressing his sexuality even from himself. I dont know, lol, maybe him and Greg fool around but is soo far in denial that he is gay.

You know what I think Nick is soo deap routed in denial that no matter who he he beards with it wont work out.

Today I'm feeling that if TPTB make them a couple, then they will ruin the love...

See with Greg (well for me at least), he is soo much easy to study, he's not so bogged down by sexuality, yeah he might be more open to experiment but he isnt exactly saying that he's gay/bi/whatever either.

Greg's a natrual born flirt, and with Nick he's a natrual thinker who doesnt know whats what when it comes to romance. Yeah i totally agree with the whole prostitute thing. Maybe for Nick it was just an opportunity, a means to an end so to speak.

Banshee_D I'm still pondering though the "dates" Nick has had, cause for me, it didnt feel nor look as a date, more like straight women going out with a man that is in the closet and in denial that he's gay.

I'm still compairing though with Nick and the prostitute and Warrick and the stripper (not a millon miles away from each other). What is TPTB trying to say, that sex is dirty? messy and complicated?

Everything we see and hear has meaning, and maybe I'm thinking too much on this fact.

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I agree with that, its harder for Nicky to have admitted his sexual preference cause if the type of environment he grew up in. Seems to always come back to this when we discuss it. Nicky wants to be labeled as a "ladies man" cause that the front he puts up in fear and denial. Where as Greggo will flirt with anything and does not limit what sex or anything that attracts him. He flirts with Sara, Cath, Nicky, other lab techs heck even Griss kinda in the first couple of seasons. :lol: Hence the reason they fit together as a couple so well. Greggo helps Nicky loosen up and explore who he really is. Where as Greggo sees Nicky as a protector of sorts, helping him get experience in the field etc etc. I have mixed feelings about the boys becoming a canon. Since as ya all said canons are doomed on this show and I agree makes me worried. All I want is just a mention of them together by someone anyone, and I will be a happy fan girl.

^^ Sex is dirty messy and complicated. If it were not then it would not be sex. Relationships are dirty messy and unconformable at some points. And what do romantic relationships lead to, well sex. It makes the writers nervous to mention it cause they have been taught sex is wrong and dirty. So they fear that their viewers think the same thing so they do not mention it. Sorry kinda went on a rant there.

7. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Thanks for the pic.

I am being devil's advicate here:devil::evil::

I cannot tell if Nick's arm is around Greg's waist or across his back. I think it might be across his back. their body languge doesnt really scream lovers. I noticed Warrick's & Cath's pelivis is slighty turned towards each other. And Gil & Sara just look like friends (very platonic). Greg's arm is on nick's shoulder & his hand is closed in a fist (his arm is not even around Nick). What does that mean (trouble in paradise):confused::confused::confused:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  8. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

I think it's more like...middle-back. :\ Like, not shoulders but not the waist either. x3 If that makes sense to anyone, yay!

Oh, so I noticed something...probably a little borderline strange (in the sense that I noticed it) about that *points to the picture* I'm gonna start from the right because it's more fun that way. :D So! Sara's next to Grissom: clearly because they're lovers. Uh-huh. And Grissom's next to Warrick, who, in the S9 premiere we learned were pretty close. Warrick's next to Catherine, because they're some serious chemistry there, or because they were clearly hiding something as well *whistles innocently* And Cath's next to Nick because... Well. I was thinking because they were close as well, with the whole shift split in S5 and the fact that Nick seems pretty close to her anyway. And Nick's next to Greg for...well... Uh, obvious reasons to everyone here, I think. If there were any reason for them to make a circley thing, Greg would end up next to Sara, and I would bet money they were pretty close.

So it doesn't work out with all other ships, buuut it works for the three main ones. :D Aha, I'm a geek. :B

Also, I agree with the whole "not as much touching because they don't feel the need" or uh, something to that extent. Because they've already got each other... *I think. I don't know!* or... something. :D

Whoever said that it seemed a little more like actors posing as characters than characters posing as a team, that's kind of a good explanation. I've got to say, though, I'm glad TPTB decided a real photo (or what appears to be a real photo) would be better than just a photoshopped version. And if it is photoshopped, points to whoever did the work, because I wouldn't know.

9. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

LoneWolfe001, I also noticed the picture the same way you did. To me it doesn't look like any of the couples are acting very couple-ish. They are paired off very neatly, I must admit, but it doesn't seem like any of them are very close.

So, this is my theory on a few of them. Catherine and Warrick are turned towards each other so it was obviously after Warrick's divorce and maybe they were trying to mend a bridge to each other. Sara may have been seeing her ghost by this time. Maybe she was considering burying her past and felt the need to sort of distance herself. I mean look at her, she looks ready to walk away as soon as the picture's over. She's already pulling out of Gil's touch.

Nick and Greg look a little peculiar to me too. But I think that's easily explained in the fact that neither one of them seem to be the type to do public displays. Perhaps they thought that clutching at each other intimately would be inappropriate. But to me at least it looks like Nick has his arm sloping down from Greg's shoulders to waist. Greg, though his hand is on Nick's shoulder, in my mind is easily explained. Catherine's hand would probably be in the way of wherever her wanted to put his arm. I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm in a group picture I find it hard to place my hands if there's already one where I would naturally rest my own. And look at his hand; it may be a fist but it definitely looks like he's clutching Nick's shirt.

And the hand down at Greg's side, which I only just now noticed. It looks like he's holding something in the hand by his side. Maybe no one else was taking the picture. Perhaps Gregs set it up real quick jumped into the picture just so he could snap the photo, because even Sara is more fully in the picture. If I'm taking a picture I'll make sure everyone is in the photo, make sure there's enough room for me, run in, click the photo remote (I have no idea what the thingy is called) and hope for the best. If someone else was taking the photo they would have back up enough for everyone to be completely in the photo, and they probably would have made sure that everyone was situated in a way the photographer liked.

I also rewatched For Warrick mainly for the funeral scene. I didn't notice Catherine holding Greg's hand. She could have been, but to me it looked like Greg's hands were almost always by his legs. I mean she could have been, but I tried it out with my friend and it could be done to where is upper arm never leaves his side, but it would be a little uncomfortable. Of course, in a situation like that what's a little more discomfort to the agony of losing a close friend?

I hope I've helped someone with my overly analytical mind.

10. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Thats food for thought Innocentguilt.

I heard there is a bush fire in LA. I hope Eric & George are ok. george does live in LA , right?

11. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

InnocentGuilt, you are so right. Greg is definitely clutching Nick's shirt! ;)

I for one do agree with making The Love canon.

Can canon slash work? Yes, if it's done properly. Just look at "Torchwood" which is a big hit because ,for years, many people have been looking forward for a show that allowed two people of the same sex to show their love for one another openly.
    The lack of gay characters on these crime shows stars to get unrealistic. How wonderful would it be for a procedural show like CSI to present a strong gay couple? It's 2008. It's about time.

And The Love is TOO BEAUTIFUL to be ignored: :)

[​IMG]

Greg's look of love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I loved that, last week, TPTB included the two last images on the "For Warrick" promo....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Oh the pics. I love the pics. :D the looks, wow. I agree seabird that it is extremely unrealistic for there to be no gay couples on crime shows. Nick and Greg would be perfect. But I think it's interesting how we have such a lack of faith in TPTB that many of us actually consider that we might not actually want Nick/Greg to be canon, because of worrying about how they'd portray the relationship, how they'd make the public see what we all see. I guess it is really interesting, and sad at the same time.

Is the pic actually of the characters, or of the cast?

13. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

I just saw Empty Eyes today (Sickness is awesome for catching up with DVR) and there's a scene with Nick and Greg on the starecase and they just stare at each other. It was really awesome. But beforehand Greg ask's Nick if he's "been up there yet" and then comes the stare and then Greg nods and continues up the stairs. Was there an obvious answer that I'm too dumb to notice?

14. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I think its a picture of the cast versus a picture of the team. For me at least Warrick's and Griss's outfits look a little off for their characters. And I also Gary tends to have a chain on his jeans when hes out and about, mainly cause I have so many piccys of him. :lol: But I do love ya alls idea of Greggo clutching onto Nicky in the picture. In reality I feel a situation like this would make Nicky a little nervous. He wants to look friendly with Greggo with out looking to intimate. But yet why would he feel nervous I mean the whole team knows about them. Maybe Nicky thinks they don't know, so hes nervous about them finding out or something.

InnocentGuilt in Empty Eyes I think the look on Nicky's face is suppose to be his answer to Greggo. Almost as if his somber look is a yes and hes warning Greggo of all the awfulness that is up stairs. Personally I see this as a great moment for the LOVE. So much is said between them from this one look. How can anyone not see it. Thanks for the great LOVE piccys seabird. They get better everytime I see them.

15. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I will try and write this as calmly as I can. In the premiere towards the end where Nicky has a gun on Mckeen, I saw something And I dont know how to take it. My innner shipper wants to get all giddy since discovering the one card in the wedding chapel episode on slow motion rewatching the tape.

What I saw was Nicky having a solid ring on his finger. Not a class ring or other ring. I saw it on slow motion. And b/c I got all giddy I asked my mom is there a reason for a guy to wear a solid ring that could look like a wedding ring. It was on his ring or middle finger. The shot in slow motion is not all that great so cant say for sure which one.

So did anyone else see it? Also and I will go back and check, but does Greggo have one?

*is going to shut up now b/c I could ramble on forever*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.