The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hello there my fellow friends of the love.

Hmm, interesting discussion.

For my part I love Jorja fox. She rocks!

Of course Greg’s bisexuality and the evidence is that he has or did flirt with Sara on more than one occasion. When Sara was with Hank, Greg said something like a real man would tolerate the stench of death.

For my part it’s the on going relationship of GSR that has eaten into the show, and possibly every other relationship on the show. I love Grissom, he is probably my ideal version of what a man should be. Intelligent, quirky and messed up.

However I agree with Jay, lets not bash characters….

We all know that Nick is gay and Greg is bisexual. A good friend said to me, Greg is not gay because he’s always talking about girls. However on the latest episode to be shown in the UK- the same episode where Sara leaves….. Nick almost rolls his eyes when Greg recalls his exploits at getting girls. Or is that depressive girls?

There is a link, between sexuality, identity and depression. I’m not a doctor, but I know a few people that do have depression because of their identity and well sexuality as well.

Greg being a ‘Goth’, could’ve helped him accept his bisexuality. Goths do have a larger followers that are bisexual and gays, manly due to the fact that Goths appeal to people who do not want to conform to the normal standards of life. Kudos to them! Goth clubs do also have a lot of bisexual men like Greg who are just trying to find their identity.

So when Nick said that comment- Nick: How does that work?

I think he was referring Not to his sexuality but to the girl part.

GREG: You act depressed to get chicks, you get depressed chicks.

See, the evidence is there… Oh and to answer your question personally Shazza- because depressed chicks are more accepting of others, just not themselves…

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

....So the Sara/Jorja Fox thing.....okay first off to clear up something I said early I said I looked forward to more Sara free episodes because if Sara not there it gives Nick and Greg more on screen time together I was by no means bashing her...She was one of my favourite characters.....cause lets not forget I use to ship SANDLE.....before I discovered The Love" so I actually really liked Sara in early seasons......

And yeah I totally agree with everything Jay,OTL, Kassie and Candy said - let not go bashing characters - its okay,like I did at one point, to point out flaws in characters as long as you've got a good reason to but bashing her without any REAL JUSTIFIABLE reason is wrong and shouldn't be done.......I too miss Sara.....I mean I was torn between to feelings while watching "Goodbye and Good Luck"...I was sad to see her leave the way she did I really felt for her....She had a horrible night....the case really got to her....but then I knew her leaving would mean more on screen time for Nick and Greg so I was happy about that......so for me it was a two way split....okay before I go any further if I made any bashful comments towards Sara in the past I apologise for that sorry i didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings on purpose.....And also the Marge and WP thing If they left it would upset me too I mean they're the two man characters.....both playing important roles so if they left it wouldn't be the same....Lets Not Bash Characters and lets stay On Topic..

Moving on...

Yeah I agree.....it was a cute moment. :)

And also I get what your say about the Babysitter case and how Catherine confronted Nick on the case...makes sense...

And as for Greg knowing what I agree with you about that too... :)

Thanks for answering my kinda stupid question lol....

And for Newbies....Just a word of warning could you please keep it to three lines per post I think Jay mentioned this before and even though I'm NOT a mod and I have no real authority but there is a rule that you need to keep it to three line..so we're actually having a discussing and not just chatting...also it helps to keeps us on topic and not lose the thread....

3. jay

jay Witness

I'm glad no one took my post as confrontational or "RAWR! ME NO LIKEE!" 'Cause that's not how I meant it at all.

Oh, shazza I LOVE your new banner! Such great pics of Greg. Some of my favorites, actually.

Part of me thinks that if William and Marg do leave it'll be purely contractual and not because of any kind of bad blood. The show would drastically changed, but Grissom HAS left before and we got some cool stories with Keppler.

I love Marg to death, so It'd suck to see her go.

Back on topic, I agree with what everyone's been saying. I do think they've been grooming Nick to be the new supervisor. Maybe if he does get the gig than *gasp* we could get some character devolpment! Maybe even have a scene of Nick calling Greg into his office, closing the door and shutting the blinds as they cut to commercial. They come back from commercial and Greg's hair's messed up and Nick's shirt is wrinkled.

Yessh, I've been spending too much time watching Torchwood...

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL-

I agree however on Shazza's new banner... It rocks!

Hmm well say that does happen right- there would be 3 CSI's down- Sara, Gil, and Catherine... Then the show would have to fill them up with new characters.

No matter how much i love Eric and George- theres no way that these two could carry the show, unless of course the producers create a new show with Eric and George in it and they're detectives, hmm, and Gay.

I think it could work. George= Mick Sanders
    Eric= Guy stokes.

Oh how funny would that be- torchwood is soo cooll.

Anyway on topic, if Nick actuarly did step up in that respect then if anything was to happen on screen between Nick and Greg wouldn't that just be the whole GSR and being found out senario?
    However, If Nick DID step up that way then it would be soo cool for him. Then IF Nick does step up - this is just off the top of my head and in no way connected to the show- Surely by then Greg would at least be a level 2?

I suppose then other characters like Hodges, Wendy, even bring back that temp they had... But would it still be CSI? - after all more people than not watch it because of Billy and Marge.

Unless of course Billy does what he did in season 7. But say if that does happen, then I think we as a group will be in dispare. Even George would be. Eeek.

5. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Kassie! :D Welcome back!

:3 You know, I hate to bring it back to the whole Sara issue, but I dislike her because of her character, not because she takes away from "the great moments" between Nick & Greg, but because I just... Don't... Like her. I DID like her in the early seasons, though. :3 She seemed less... I don't know. But it will be interesting to see what the storyline will be when she comes back. Actually, as much as I dislike her, I miss her character on the show. D: Besides, her friendship with Greg was.. Nice. This is where I'd wonder if she's still in contact with Greg.

On another note, Nick & Warrick's friendship is nice too. It just works for them, you know? And besides, with the hours they have, would they really have time to talk to anyone outside the lab all that often (who isn't part of their family)? It'd give them an outlet, on the chance both Sara & Warrick knew about the whole relationship aspect, and then if something relationship-related was bothering one or the other, they'd have someone to go to and could probably kick some sense into either.

Oh, I'm speaking in the sense that they're already hooked up. x3 What a shipper I am! :D

I think the whole "bashing" issue just came up because we're shippers and shippers can get jealous, even if it's not the norm for this ship. :]

On another note, how did everyone get over it (Sara leaving) so quickly? She was there, and then she was gone and it wasn't shown that it mattered to anyone. Well. Except Grissom but that's a given.

I also liked her in the dream I had a few weeks ago. It was strange, but it had emotional!Nicky and I didn't dislike Sara. I don't remember the context of the dream, just that Nick was emotional and Sara was helpful and understanding. I'm not sure if it had something to do with Greg or not.

Kind of like fic!Sara! :D

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I have very similar feeling about Sara as well. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my post earlier about Sara and Greg. She was so into Grissom early on I just feel like she treated Greg kinda oddly. But then they became close friends and they had lots of good scenes together.As for her leaving I happy in that there would be more Nick/Greg screen time. Hence more sexy boy interaction. ;)

Also I agree that it was kinda odd no one mentioned her leaving or anything. They are such a tight knit group that suprised me alot. Greg seemed to be good friends with her, and we saw how Nick reacted when she was kidnapped also he was the one who found her. Weird. Maybe they are saying in touch with her while shes gone. I feel bad for Grissom cause he loves her so much. But its all just odd.

7. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Glad you like it Jay!!! The pics I used for that are actually my favourite pics of Greg os that why I use them :)Oh wow your banner is pretty awesome too!! :D :D Love it :)

Yeah it would suck for her too leave but like you said if she does it'll probably be to do with her contract....

And WP has left before and the Keppler storyline was interesting....

Oh god more Torchwood fans!!! I can't seem to avoid them...my best friend Chris, goes on and on and on about that show lol I can't stand hearing about it....but it sounds so friging interesting.......is it any good???......should I watch so I'm not so clueless when Chris's rambling on about it....

And the bit about Nick get a promotion of some sort.....sorry don't really see that happening at this point in time sorry.....

And oh! I was just posted a Song or at the song thread and its really gotten into my head lol but it soo suits Nick/Greg.......seriously.....Its "Come On Over(All I Want Is You) by Christina Aguilera.......go listen to it....its weird but it suits them lol......I think I may make a video using it if I get the time :D :D .......

Rambling again (needs to stop doing that)...

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Here is a nice photo of the boys in Brazil (George & Eric) I saw this posted on the Greg/Eric pic thread.

[​IMG]

As for the Sara bashing, I apologize if I offended anyone for bashing her. My dislike for her has nothing to do with taking screentime away from Nick & Greg or keeping them from working together. I won't continue bashing her but I'd also rather we don't discuss her either.

9. MsCatherineBrown

Shazz you should totally watch Torchwood. Its like the greatest show next to CSI. :lol:
    And I sorta agree with the Nick promotion thing. Its hard for me to see him in supervisory position for some reason. Hes great at his job and enjoys his work. But in a way I think he would be a little to emotional as a supervisor. Also he likes working the field so much I don't know how he would do having to do extra time at a desk. So yes and no. Sorry if that rambling made no sense.

Shazz make another video. I love all the ones you have on YOUTUBE. That song is the greatest I'm going to download it now. Your so right it fits them perfectly. ;)

10. Kassie

Kassie Hit and Run

Thanks for the welcome back! I miss you! I say that as if I don't have your email saved in my address book!

LOL!

Hey, as far as The Love fanvideos go, I am about to make a new one. The thing is, I don't have clips from seasons 7 and (what we have seen) of 8.

Does anyone know where I can download Nick/Greg, or just CSI clips in general of these seasons?

Please and thank you for the help!

11. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Indeedy, Greg has been a CSI for three years now, and it's about time that he got promoted. I mean how many years does poor Greggo be a CSI one and not get anywhere.

If it was down to me, he'd be a level 2 by now. So basically it would take Greg over 12 years to be Senior. Wow, that is a long time, but saying that you dont want an inexperienced sceintist as a supervisor.

Well with the remaining episodes that will be shot, i hope that we get to see a bit of Greg's book....

What is everyones thoughts for the new season??? Do you think it will be longer??

How about Nick- do you think that with the new season coming up, that Nick becomes acting head and Catherine becomes Night shift supervisor, of do you think that like in season seven that there would be an outsider.

12. MsCatherineBrown

Speaking of fan videos. Just watched shazz_018 new Nick and Greg video. OMG!! I love it ya all must watch it. The songs are great, the clips are fantastic.Heres a link.

Link

Her and Twins have lots of great videos on there. You should watch them all like I have.

On another note. I was thinking today about the scene in Rashomama where Greg's cell phone rings while they are all talking to Grissom. Also I have asigned ringers on my own cellie as well. Do you think the boys would assign special rings for each other? and what do you think they would be?

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I hope they do not go the way of the outsider again, I was not happy with the whole Keppler thing, although the character was interesting he did dominate while the real cast took a back seat. I'm hearing that season 9 will be Marg's last, and if William leaves too then I hope Nick (as well as Greg) become more prominate. Besides Jorja will be back sooner than we think (that's the rumor anyway).

14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I cannot believe Greg has been a CSI for 3 years. Time sure does fly. But he is always helping out on cases instead of running his own cases solo. More Nick & Greg time would be great. I do not think Nick is ready to be supervisor, he gets too emotional.

15. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Donna - Twelve years for a promotion like that is hardly a long time I think. Greg's been level one for three years, and I'm on the fence as to whether or not he deserves a promotion. Something tells me perhaps next season he'll be more ready. These things take time, sadly. lol.

LoneWolfe - I think one probably has to wait until level three to work solo, but that's just a guess. As for Nick being super, it wouldn't happen right away, I'm sure. Cath would definitely get there first, at least for a while. But it wouldn't be because he's too emotional, that's just who he is. He's just not ready. But I think he might be soon. Maybe like Greg, next season they'll both get promoted if others are leaving.

As for their relationship if Nick becomes super... I think, I know, I would much prefer it to GSR. It would just... I don't want to sound lame, but it would be better. More cute, more interesting, I think. Though, I agree, it would end up copying GSR, and that would be bad by itself. Very bad. If The Love is real, it should happen before Nick is promoted to super. Then he and Greg can talk about it outside of work, which would be interesting and fun.

And to catch up on past convos... the Sara bashing thing: It's true I don't like Sara, but the reason I don't like her, aside from GSR, is just because of her personality. However, I also realize that if she were just as lovable as the other characters, the show would be that much more on the boring side, and that would be bad. She does bring a different element to it, which is good, with her sometimes "ugly" personality. And it's true, I can't stand the thought of Sandle or Snickers because they just don't seem right to me, but, as a Love fan, I do respect other's theories and opinions. I just don't read fics or threads that deal with either of those. Same goes for GSR. Joining The Love Ship has been the best thing in terms of learning about respect for others and keeping horrible thoughts to myself, I have to say.
    Now, with all of that said... it's time for dinner and some Nick and Greg watching! ttyl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.