The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

No love fan I totally agree with you. TPTB are too scared to make them a gay couple. It's just soo silly and I can not see why they can't be a couple. Maybe TPTB are scared that they will be mass turning off as two men are in love.

The world is just a small place and sad at times. We are cant be the same...

Hmm, you know what them shirts loook so alike, they just might be.

Exactly Love_Fan, once again I agree with you, they probably wear each others clothes, I mean its not like one man is a larger or fat. I know that they're not identically the same shape and size- but Greg's earlier clothes were very baggy for him. Nick does prefer skin tight clothes- or is that just fanfiction???

[​IMG]

This has been posted before but it Does highlight the shirts better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I don't have an opinion on the shirts... I agree that TPTB are too scared or homophobic to allow Nick & Greg to come out, let alone be a gay couple. Maybe they don't think the viewers would buy it. Not everyone sees what we see. Well tonight CBS is re-airing Sara's farewell episode and theres some really good Nick & Greg moments to look forward to again. Like walking down the hallway with Sara and only having eyes for each other.

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

True Wojo, very true... I do think that TPTB are scared- funny thought, but if it was based in England we'd have them as a gay couple.

Going slightly off the topic, we just had another teenage gay kiss on national tv at what seven thirty pm.

It just seems odd that they can only have gay or bisexual characters who are dead, the murderes, and yet not being portrailed as one of the strongest characters of the show.

Its true, one friend of mine can not see the interaction the way I do. She's not the slightest bit homophobic. Just weird though.

Lets hope that when Nick does step up that he well still continues to flirt with Greg.

4. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Yeah, very true. TPTB are scared. It's a fact that, on CSI, the gay characters are always the victims or the murderers. Why a pair of hot investigators couldn't be gay, and a couple, on this show? It's 2008, for god's sake! John Barrowman has said in his latest interviews, that he thinks it's great Torchwood producers are willing to have a male lead falling for another male character and not go for the typical leading man/lady. But I guess CBS is not BBC. Not yet, right?

Back to The Love.

I LOVE their flirting in the latex liquid scene from "Slaves of Las Vegas". The glances, the hovering...It's like Nick couldn't help but leaning in, invading Greg's personal space...(who would blame him? ;))

Watch carefully. A nervous Nick is visibly blushing while looking at Greg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If THIS isn't a look of love, I don't know what it is ;):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the end of this scene the look on Greg's face says: "If only I could paint it on you..." :devil:

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Well, I know that in that scene Greg was a bit pissed off by Nick invading his personal space. I read a fic once that explained his reaction with being distracted by Nick's proximity. I kinda like that idea, Greg can't concentrate because Nick's so close ;)

I agree with you Candygirl, it's just ridiculous that there are not leading or recurring gay characters on CSI. What's the big deal? There doesn't have to be a gay couple just an open gay character. I mean everyone knows Bobby's gay, why not make it official? Even if gay characters appear, they never kiss, we have at least one gay couple in every soap that airs here and they kiss at five in the afternoon, so ...?

Well, but I don't want to regress, so about our boys:
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/2x05_265.jpg
    Could they get any closer? Greg was inching in on Nick and I don't think it was because the diving gear was so interesting :p

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Shirts looked the same to me. Sorry that post was totally random. Thoughts of the boys wearing each others clothes makes me very happy girl. So the boys flirt the same way they have Warrick and Cath flirt. The chemistry like Ive said in the YOBLING thread the writers should no dangle these things in front of us and not have it lead to any thing. Just look at their recent interactions this season. Also as seabird and love_fan said come on now we are in 2008.

Maybe theres the worry of losing certain fans if they official make them a couple on the show. But they have to know of the following this ship has. Like seabird said look at the popularity of the male/male relationship on Torchwood. Come CSI writers get with the times.

7. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

jayceepat posted this comment on the nickngreg LJ:

"For those who has been CSI from the beginning, this is really sad news. CarolineCrane, one of the truly great Nick/Greg authors, is taking down her website. I've copied her message as she posted it in her livejournal. I am saddened by this more than I can tell you but if you are a fan of hers as I am, copy some or all of her fantastic stories before they are gone forever"

nickngreg LJ

If you want to save some or all of her fics, go here:

CarolineCrane website

Thanks to jayceepat for the heads up :)

The Love:

[​IMG]

8. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Lovers and Lovettes where ya' all hidding...

Well as I posted some of the pics on the Eric/Greg thread i thought i put some on here....

What episode has the most Nick and Greg flirting or Eye Candy. Is it Bull? I know its been said before but who would say I love you first? Who would fight first? Who would say sorry first?

CSI Caps

CSI Caps2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that Both Nick and Greg have been caught out blushing on different occassions. Greg when Nick was refering to the declaration of love... Nick when he invaded Greg's personal space.

Finally just because I've got thing for Eric in a hat... here it is.

[​IMG] Not at this angle though. Totally wrong.

9. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Hey guys, I'm still here. But it's National Novel Editing Month so I'm a bit busy working on my novel.

Seabird, thanks for that info! I've never read her work before but just catching a glimpse it looks amazing! But say, there are a few random pieces missing! If anyone has the following chapters/one shots, I'd be most appreciative! You know it'll be hard to read something with missing parts!:
    Sweet Cool Water - chapters 8 + 11
    Surfing Series - "Deep Blue Ocean"
    Domestic Series - "Domestic IV"
    Sugar Rush Series - "Sweet Uncertainty"
    Fetish Series - "Fruit of the Vine" + "What Makes The Man"
    One Shots - "Agenhina" + "A Hundred Indecisions"

Thanks for anything you may have!

As for that hat, Donna, where on earth did Eric find that thing?! Sorry... but no... I like the fedora soooo much better! lol.

As for TPTB being scared... they just don't want to loose fans. And so many people still can't see the subtext of The Love, so they don't believe it's true, so they'd tune it out. Unlike GSR, which was slightly more than subtext, I think. Does this make sense? I hope so. But yeah, they really just don't want to loose fans. Think of what will happen if Cath and Griss leave, and Nick's in charge and then all of a sudden it's found out he's in a relationship with Greg. Viewers will have heart attacks! (Most of them will, anyway. But we won't!) I think most watch it for Cath and Griss anyway, well, Griss and Sara, but... you know what I mean. *sigh* it would be an interesting show with Nick in charge. I'd stick around, as long as Eric's still there. He's my main concern! *sigh* must love Greg...

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah Q I'm with you on that one.

Sad to say that if their relationship Is made Cannon then there will by definition be loads of people who will stop watching it just cause they're gay.

IT is sad to say but its true. My straight friends think along the same line, that you dont need to see it that its should be about the science and nothing else. My friend tried to justify that they touched upon GSR- but i defended The Love and said that its been there since day one.

I mean even something small like Nick and Greg are at a bar and they;'re looking really close. You know nothing over the top that screams gay lovers but enough. Personally i would like to see more, but i do take into consideration other fans not just myself.

Slightly off topic- my new chapter is up... Just plodding along with it all....Hope it works lol

Of course Queen, we wont we'd be jumping up and down saying 'yes, about time.'

I agree with you aswell, as long as Eric ( and for me as well George) is still in the show, then I'd watch it....Even if Marge and Billy leave.

11. MsCatherineBrown

Agreed. I also know that the writers are getting nervous about the actors leaving the show. Since they have bin playing the same characters for eight years. Maybe they are trying to give more freedom to them to do other stuff. In hopes they will stay longer. Thats another reason it may take the LOVE longer to appear then other canons. The writers may be worried about the actors reactions as well to the male/male couple.It's sad that Marg and Billy are leaving the show will not be the same without them. I will still watch though. And I would have to say I have alot of favorite LOVE moments. But I think 'Bull' may be my favorite episode for the love. Partly cause giant dildos make me laugh. :lol:

12. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

A very jealous Greg in "Random Acts Of Violence".

(NICK walks through the hallway carrying a file folder. GREG leans on the door frame and calls out to him).

GREG. "Hey, Stokes"
    NICK: "Yeah?"

(GREG motions to him.)

GREG: "We got to talk"
    NICK: "Hey, did you I.D. that scraping from my vic's head wound yet?"
    GREG: "Yeah, yeah, it's a common plastic, polyethyterephthalate-P.E.T.- Used in everything from garbage bags to magnetic tape to floppy disks"
    NICK: "Okay, thanks"

(NICK turns to walk away, GREG stops him)

GREG: "Yeah, but that's not what I wanted to talk about"
    NICK: "What, then?"

(GREG motions for NICK to come into his lab. Amused, NICK steps forward)

GREG: "Look I thought we had a relationship . What are you doing taking Archie out into the field, instead of me?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I thought we had a relationship". On CSI, that's a public declaration of love! ;)

13. MsCatherineBrown

Ive decided that my siggy might be my favorite Love moment. After that the one seabird posted is my second favorite. Also I do enjoy when Nick punches Pig in 'Fannysmakin' that and how Warrick and him reenact what happened in the one after that, I forget the ep name. But those monment show how much he must really care about Greg.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

There will be a scene between Nick,Greg and Grissom

The first time I saw the "I thought we had a relationship" scene I was left wondering just what kind of relationship do they have? This was before I discovered the love so at the time I didn't see the whole subtext thing between our guys.

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Those spoilers sound very good.

Well, I don't really remember the first time I watched RAOV, but I do love this scene now. Greg looked so serious and Nick had no idea why his baby was so pissed off.

I just watched Ending Happy, and sadly there's no interaction between the boys but when Greg collected the DNA samples from the "pleasure providers" one of them told him to come see him later, she would show him another way of collecting DNA. Thank goodness, Nick wasn't there to hear that, he'd be so jealous!!

The whole case was so hilarious I bet the boys laughed their heads off when they were at home. Greg would probably tell Nick about the hooker and Nick would get all jealous but Greg would show him his way of collecting DNA and Nick would forget all about that girl :D :devil:

My favourite Nick/Greg moment will always be Felonious Monk. No way anyone looks at their co-worker like that:
    [​IMG]
    I'll never get tired off that picture. It's perfect!

Then of course there is the "Thanks doll" moment in Bad Words:
    [​IMG]
    Look at how flustered Greg looks:
    [​IMG]

CAn't think of any more moments right now, but I'll let you know if more come to mind ;)

BTW shazza, love your new avatar, I still can remember when there was one that read 6 years of love. The Love never stops - sigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.