The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Shacky, I always love your videos. I hope Matt can get the site up and running again like before, although I mostly just go to read the fic.

QOTU I am so looking forward to your merman fic, it's amazing that a dream can spawn great fiction.

Can't wait until next weeks CSI, hopefully nothing was changed or rewritten at the time of filming. We better enjoy this one it may be the last ep we see for a long time.

Hey all,

Figured I'd make my triumphant return and bring back at leasta little non-fanfic/ fanvid discussion about Nick and Greg to this forum. I don't want the mods to get on our case.

So Netflix delivered the disc with Rashomama on it to me, and while I have it on iTunes and have seen the episode enough times to recite scenes by heart, I noticed something in the "Declaration of Love" scene. Watch where everyone looks when they say their lines.

NICK: Why do we always eat here?
GREG: It's traditon. *Smiles and looks at Nick*
SARA: Ah, tradition. *Looks to Nick* Like becoming property exchange between your father and your husband?
NICK: Nah, that's not what a wedding is, it's a public declaration of love. *Looking at Greg, glancing at Sara*
GREG: I'm with Vince Vaughn on this one. Dozens of horny, single women with access to an open bar and *waggles eyebrows and looks at Nick* coupling on their mind.
WAITRESS: Weddings are a Rorsach. Everybody sees what the want to see. My first five were good.

Now, it's actually a good description of their characters. Sara sees it as behind the times, property exhange. To her it would probably be better if the whole institution was overhauled to be a lot more fair to both sexes. Nick sees love and romance while Greg sees the oppurtunity for drunk sex. *cough* But really, he's talking about drunk, horny bridesmaids while looking to Nick and talking about "coupling"? Nothing heterosexual about that boy.

I also got the CSI book Double Dealer. I'm nowhere near done yet. I like to take my time with books. I read Harry Potter 5 in one sitting and as a result i was never able to really enjoy it.

But there are some good Nick/Greg scenes. They make a passing reference to Nick thinking about his "late girlfriend Kristi". Were they boyfriend and girlfriend? Did I misinterpret the episode?

But onto the slashiness

Taking the bag, he wandered back towards the lab to find Greg Sanders.
Nick found the skinny, spiky-haired guy, as usual, poring over his microscope. Though well into his twenties, Sanders always had the cheerfully gleeful expression of a kid with a new chemistry set.
"Studying the DNA of a new prospective soulmate?" Nick asked.
Sanders looked up, eyes bright. "Dude - science can be used for better things than putting people in jail."
"Marriage and jail - I sense a connection there."
Sanders batted the air with a hand. "Some guys are boob men - some're leg men. Me, I;m an epithelial sort of guy."
Nick held out a bagged cigarette. "Swell - cause I need DNA on this."
Picking it up, holding it to the light, Sanders said, "Ugh - grotty! How long has this baby been part of the ecosystem?"
With a shrug, Nick said, "I don't know. You tell me/"
"Take a number. Got a backlog. Gonna be a while."
"What else isn't new?"
Sanders shot him a look. "Hey, I'm only one guy."
"I know, Greg, but who else is ready to loan you Gran Turismo Three on Playstation Two?"
All business now, Sanders said, "You just hit the top of my list."

Then, later, Nick folows up on a ring they found on the dead guy. Apparently he's friendly with the jeweler and after Nick's finished, the jeweler says:

"Stop by any time, Nick. Remember what I said - you find a girl, we'll find a ring for her."
Nick glanced to one side and grinned, then looking back at the jeweler sdaid, "I'll keep that in mind, sir."

Hmmm... any theories?

Not to mention in the one scene i've read so far where Nick is by himself, he seems so sad and lonely and ... thinking of Kristi and when he's with Greg he's so happy and energetic. Hmm.

Hey Jay welcome back....

LOL did you check out my roshamama 'declaration of love' on the previous page?

Ahh regarding Nick and Kristy. They didn't acutarly date, more of a physical conection. Basically in all of 8 years of the show there's only been two women he's been seen with. One is Kristy the woman of the streets lol. The ohter one is just a random bobbet who picks Nick up from a bar. The start of season 6 or 7 where Cath gets drugged.

Still having issues with that, so we dont actuarly see Nick do anything with this random woman. Imagine you leave your friend in a club and is told a day later that she nearly got raped. Was this random woman actuarly worth it.

No!!!!

Especially after reading Ms Maggs fiction. I mean as this board is a pg 13 I can't say too much into what position Nick slepped in. *cough*

Double Deeler i read it but it wasn't that good.

You know what I wish that the CSI production staff at CBS employed fan fiction writers because I've read better stories done by fan ficion writers than any offical CSI writters in books.

love_fan: Thanks so much for the LJ link, now I must do my reading before monday. Oh thanks bunches. :) :D

OK, so I got to thinking on how I can represent our boys. I just happen ot be a member of the Deviantart community and had a picture saved on my PC. I got a little creative and made me a new ID tag for my page.

This is what I came up with.

Just a little info about me surronding our boys. I may even get into writing fanfics soon. Boy, my creative bunnies are running wild through my mind.

Tristianna~ love that ID tag. And *BIG HUGS* to Shacky!!!!! Glad all is ok.

I hope that some touching or something happens too! But I tell myself as long as the boys share good scenes, I'll be ok. What would make me go SQUEEEEE, would be if they are handed only one card!!!!

I know this is somewhat of a stupid question, since I kinda know the answer. But if you all could write one moment for our boys. Being a look, a pat, or something that hasnt happened. :D

Hiya Jay welcome back!

I have watched roshamama....but I wasn't really paying much attention to the character....I think this was one of the first episodes of CSI I watched(I got came into it very late lol).......and i couldn't really concentrate on the episode because I vaguely remember having to hold my younger brother who wouldn't stop crying. I try and watch it the next they repeat that episode......I did notice Greg's comments..lol I remember my brother saying "there is no way that guys straight".....At that time I wasn't shipping "The Love" soo I didn't really pay much attention to what he said....... So I figured I'll asking him today....His response...."Yeah Greg's not straight......but there's no way him and Nick have a "Thing"".....I asked Why?......"Because I'm sure Nick's not gay"........So I ask what makes you think that..."Come on sophia we've had this conversation a millon times Nick is NOT gay and there is no way in hell that your ship will become canon"......*He walks out of the room leaving me complete gobsmacked*.......I just couldn't believe he said lol..We always arguing about this......I think my brother doesn't like the idea of Nick/Greg having a relationship because he knows that if they do it'd put him off watching the show......and that is the last thing he wants lol.

QOTU - I'm not angry at you I'm just impatient lol.....sorry about that...

lol okay I'll stop now.

Outta Here bye.

That's interesting Shazza, my husband has the opposite response when it comes to the guys. I asked him if he thought Nick was gay and he did not hesitate to say "YES". On the other hand when I asked the same question about Greg he says he doesn't know.

OH and for you QOTU ,I made the merman manip. I also posted it on the photo manip thread and I said you were my inspiration. Hope you all dig it.

mergreg.jpg

"Nicky! Come swim with me!"

LOL!!! Thats soooo cute Wojo. I bet Nicky would not mind leaving under the sea with Greg.

I have been reading quite a few fics where Nick & greg are parents. I would give anything to see how their offspring would look like. Wojo, I don't suppose you could whip me up a manip of their future kids. LOl!!

Shacky's back!! :D

Someone, I think it was you Jay mentioned that Nick was checking out Greg's butt in the desert in Killer, so I of course had to rewatch that episode and look what I've found:

_small_614_0585.jpg

The boys have to separate :(

But not before Nicky's sneaks a peak at his favourite behind:
_small_614_0586.jpg

:lol: :D How could I ever miss that???? :eek:

Last week when I got a haircut there was this magazine and it had an article about Muy Thai (have no idea how you spell it, sorry) and I'm impressed if Greg's really into it and I bet Nick's too. ;)

BTW, I'd love a new avatar too, twins?

I so hope for good slashy scenes but like the rest of you I settle for any scenes they share together in the same room. I bet I can here you scream over here in Europe only_true_love if they only get one card and you can hear me squee right back after I learned about it :D

Hiya Guys,

Was just watching "A Bullet Runs Through It, Part I" and it was the first time I saw Nick moustache......made me cringe lol......anywayz my brother was watching with me and he comes in and see the tache and he asks "Is that a caterpillar on his face?"......I was left stunted not quiet how to responed to that question so I just bust out laughing...I mean whatelse was I suppose to do I hate the thing almost as much as my brother so now we got a nickname for Nick tache....its a caterpillar......And so through the episode when ever Nick had a scene my brother would say here comes the caterpillar...:lol:...It was so funny watching this episode without having to argueing with him lol....didn't wanna ask him if he still thought Nick was staight cause he'd probably freak out.....

Wojo - love the manip........only problem is my brother standing here looking at it and laughing his backside off and say you women are crazy.

shazza_018

Me too... Did you see get the little love bit where Greg gets the worst CSI job collecting bullets and documenting them... You see him look at Nick as if to say - HELP me!!

Nick looked back....

Grg- He said Skidmarks... heheheheheehe- OH my he looked straight out of a 70's tv cop show... Nick and the tash.

George looks better with the tash than Nick does.

Wojo - I love that manip soo cute...

LoneWolfe001- Yeah thats true, when I came up with my idea of them being parents i hope its an original idea... Talking about arrivals lol Hopes and Fears might be avaliable soon.

Off topic- slightly anyone knows a good beta?

I love the merman manip, cute and funny at the same time.

Thanks to everyone who sent me links to Love sites via PM. I have been checking them outboth yesterday and today.

love_fan: I am currently checking out the fics of MsMaggs, and she is really awesome at her writing.

I am currently getting inspired to write a Nick/Greg series of one shots. I ask for one thing from you guys: What is one thing you would love to see written about our boys you haven't already seen written before?

Wojo- Awesome job! I love the manip! hehehe... gotta love Greg as a merman!

Don't worry Candy, the Queen of Angst will get back to Ghost shortly. I'm done with the one shot and just have to edit it around the rest of my life.
Speaking of fanfic... it's funny you mention their kids, Lonewolfe... Last night my parents and I were out at my favorite restaurant for dinner and in the booth next door was a boy, blonde, probably two years old. He kept turning to look at me, and I was actually almost flustered by this, for some odd reason. I'm really not into kids, and I'm getting old without ever having a bf... so, yeah. Anyway, I finally smiled, and sorta laughed at him, and he broke out into this huge grin. And all I could think about was that he was a Greg Sanders in miniature. And, what happened throughout dinner? I came up with a new fanfic idea for Greg and Nick to adopt a little boy named Braden. So, I'm taking notes. But Strength of Soul, the merman story will come first.
I tell ya, those plot bunnies sure are hoping! They're driving me nuts! But, I'd rather have them hoping than nothing at all, that's for sure.

That scene from Rash was very interesting! Can't wait to rewatch it myself someday...

And my final note for the night before I crash into a deep sleep...
Tristiana- creative bunnies require an outlet! Therefore you should join the ever growing community of the Defining Moments of The Love wiki! We're always looking for new work and new supporters! (That, of course, goes to everyone out there!)

Well, that's it for me tonight. The merman of my dreams is calling me back! I think I hear an assassin too... best get moving! night all!

Everyone just rememeber about the 3 lines for Nick and Greg centered stuff.
Queen- Angst is good. Angst is great.
Tristianna MsMaggs stories are great, but she's taken a long time rest and spent it doing non story stuff and who can blame her? She's a mother, wife and person way before she's a fanfiction writte.....

Now for the Nick and Greg centered stuff....

So does anyone have picture evidence of their subtle love for each other? An excellent one would be from Hunger Artist... Ok lets start from the poilot and work its way to season 8. Oh and your interpretaions of thie love of course, and make it 3 lines for post.

OK, I go first. The Pilot...

pilot3.jpg

It was clear from the very beginning that these two were at least friends. Since they were discussing video games and not just all business. Their very first scene together and they discuss anal swabs. The whole thing may seem innocent to non-love fans but we know better. This was just the beginning of more wonderful subtest to come.

Greg: "You know these mouth swabs don't always read, Vaginal swabs, no problem. Anal swabs-- money."

Nick: "Anal swabs?"

Greg "Anal swabs."

Nick: "Ouch."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back