The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #15

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

nickfangirl- Are you gonna post that vid on youtube? I'd love to see it!

2. lil_love_fan

lil_love_fan Hit and Run

Okay, QOTU , I totally agree with what you said many posts ago about quality over quantity in reviews. I mean, when I posted my first ever fanfic for Criminal Minds and didn't get a ton of reviews, I was bummed, but then I reread them and realized that the few who did read really enjoyed it, and that was enough for me as an author.

And I was catching up on posts yesterday and you mentioned your story Alone QOTU , which I never saw before, so I started to read it and couldn't stop. Let's just say that you have now touched 6 people, because that story was truly phenomnal. I was literally balling my eyes out as I was reading; it was just so sad yet heartfelt. So, I hope that counts as my review ;)!

And it just is awesome to see everyone writing all of these fanfics! I cannot wait to read every one of them, for I know they will all be amazing :D.

And are you gonna post on YouTube, nickfangirl ? I would really love to see it, as I am sure everyone else would. And about my vid: I am almost done with it, so I should be able to post on YouTube within the next few days!

And this challenge sounds cool! I am still a little confused though :confused:.

It is just so awesome to see so many posts, and I should be back to my daily ones because my life has finally calmed down enough.

OMG! :eek: Page 25! WOOT :D!

3. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

wooooohooo!!! PAGE 25!!! LOL I hope my fan fic, is ok!!! It wil lbe my first fan fic. on The Love so I'm nervous!!!
    lil_love_fan I totally love Criminal Minds!! I'm going to have to go on ff.net ot look for your stories!!! Are you nervous as I am about the coming season??? If you know what I'm talking about PM me!!!!

4. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

lil love fan- Yup, that can definitely count as your review! Thank you! I'm glad it touched you...so glad! lol, yay!!!! hehehe...
    Basically, with the challenge, we're writing a short fic, no longer than 500 words, which for us as fans, would be the moment we know the boys are together as a couple. It can't be AU or anything, because we're planning to put together something like a wiki to send to CBS/CSI to get their attention that these two need to be together. Does that make sense/answer your question? I hope so!
    I'm almost finished with mine, got less than 60 words to play around with and an ending in the works. I'll let you know how it goes. After getting it more together, I think it's a little better than I originally thought...
    Also, can't wait to see your video too!

5. only_true_love

The 500 words or less is difficult part for me!!! LOL I have a tendenacy to ramble so I got to watch myself!!!
    OMG I just checked the word count and I have 406 words... 94 left!!! Ugh!!! I need to cut things out!!! ***nervous***
    lil_love_fan doyou go by a different name for your criminal minds stories????

6. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

My word count is now 494...a few minutes ago it was 501!!! It needs some editing, which I'll do in the morning after some sleep. That'll help get me some fresh eyes for it so I can pick it apart better.

only true love- Good luck with that word count! You can do it! I know you can!

7. only_true_love

LOL You pop up over on tv.com then here!!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence!!! I'll be lucky if I only go over by 1 word!!! The thing is I havent gotten even close to the good part with less than 100 words left~ this is what worries me the most. I put in a case and that's probably where I started to babble!!! :p

8. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

-is surprised- read my fanfic, twins? Which one, the one recently updated? (ooooh, I sounded smart...)

Ha. I wouldn't be surprised if you stopped cuz it got boring. :p But people seem to like 'em, so I won't beat myself up too much...:D

9. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

only true love- lol, yeah, I've got cases in mine too, but I didn't go into extreme detail. Didn't feel it was necessary. Once I post mine, you can check them out, might give you some idea how to trim a little wordage. And yes, I said "cases" as in two. Because, I'm now writing another one shot for this challenge! And it's really funny! I'm loving it. While one is more dark, this is light hearted. I'm calling it "Falling" because, well for two reasons. But it'll be obvious when you read it. And I promise, there was no harm done to Nick and Greg on this fic. There was emergency personell present at all times during the writing! hehehehe....Oooohhh, I can't wait to post it! But I'm not done yet, so back to the writing! be back later!

10. only_true_love

omg... Did you update Family suckerforasmile? or is this another fan fic you wrote?

QOTU~ I havent even thought of a title yet!!! LOL To show you how creative I get when it comes to titles for my TIVA fan fic. for NCIS, it was titled TIVA fan fic.!!! LOL

11. lil_love_fan

lil_love_fan Hit and Run

Only_true_love : yes, I do go by a different name on ff.net: lil'spencefan (Can you guess who my favourite character is :lol:?)
    And I have only written one for CM, but that was a year ago and it is pretty bad. But if you want to read it, it is called Justice is Blind. And I SOOOO know what you are talking about! I will be sure to PM you tommorow, for Criminal Minds was my first true love :D.

And QOTU , thanks for the clarification. I might just try to write one. And I just spent the last few hours finishing up my vid, so I will be sure to post it tommorow. It is getting late everyone, so good night :D!

12. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

only true love- That's the thing, I find having a title helps me write because I can call it something that sets it apart from everything else. Even if it's only a working title, I feel I've got to have something, gives it more meaning I guess.

lil love fan- You're welcome! I hope you do, they can be tricky to write with the word limit at 500, but that just makes it that much more fun! lol. Didn't mention this before but these also need to be rated "G". Don't want to be giving the wrong impressions and we do want these to be read, not ignored. So, as I've stated in my author's notes on both of mine: "Keep The Love alive and get creative!" A little lame, maybe, but whatev.

13. only_true_love

QOTU~ I'm going to PM you on here and maybe on tv.com with hwat I have so far to make sure that since its G rated!!! What I 'll be sending is still my rough copy and havent gotten into the moment betwee Nick and Greg!!! My concern is the case might be too much!!! I'm very sensative in making sure if I'm writing something that is G or PG that I dont cross that rating so let me know truthfully if its too much!!! it might end up making it easier to write the rest!!!
    Thanks!

14. NickyandGreggo

NickyandGreggo Witness

Hey guys, I go away for a few houres and I come back to read over ten post lol. I love that we are so busy. It looks like I have missed a few storys I cant wate to start reading them. QOTU can you send me the link to your stroy I keep missing it, thanks. :D

yaaaaa page 25 :D

15. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

only true love- I'll check my PM right now!

NickyandGreggo- hmmmm....which story would that be? Everything that I've posted so far("Live and Love", "Alone", and "Till Death Do Us Part") are all on ff.net and WMTDB under QueenOfTheUniverse. The two one shots I'm working on now: "Falling" and "Silent Understanding" won't be posted for a few hours(after sleep and some editing). Hope that helps! And I'm glad you're looking for my work! yay! hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.