The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Lucy said:
Congrats to Liverpool on their 2-0 victory over Chelsea in the Premiership! Also, Reading are winning 3-1, so this could turn out to be a perfect Saturday afternoon. Yay! :D

Yeah, I noticed Reading winning when I saw table for those who make bets in Sportsnews. All this wintersports has pushed football to the background ;) Tho few days ago I saw L'pool playing agains someone (on Canal+) and was screaming "OMG! HOW DAMN SLOW THAT HYYPIÄ IS!" :lol: :lol:

I'm happy Liverpool beat Chelsea yesterday :D

Another big match tonight and I'm hoping Arsenal can do a double on Man Utd this season! Come on Gunners!

Tho few days ago I saw L'pool playing agains someone (on Canal+) and was screaming "OMG! HOW DAMN SLOW THAT HYYPIÄ IS!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Bless him. I love my not so flying Finn! :D

Lucy said:
Congrats to Liverpool on their 2-0 victory over Chelsea in the Premiership! Also, Reading are winning 3-1, so this could turn out to be a perfect Saturday afternoon. Yay! :D

Yes, very happy with the Reds win. Smashing match. Liverpool were worthy winners. As for Reading, those lads continue to impress with their unrelenting doggedness.

Hmm, now all I need to make the footballing weekend complete, is for United to er, trash the gunners. :devil: Hope springs eternal but will settle for a point.

Lucy said:
Tho few days ago I saw L'pool playing agains someone (on Canal+) and was screaming "OMG! HOW DAMN SLOW THAT HYYPIÄ IS!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Bless him. I love my not so flying Finn! :D

He runs like...his hips are not too...moving :lol: Of course him being so tall, it looks different. I guess it's enough that his head (or foot) is in right place in right time ;)

Arsenal 2 - 1 Man Utd :D :D :D

Didn't give up, those Baby!Gunners, and bringing on RVP sure changed the match for us. A double on Man U - that's pretty sweet, hehe.

CrimeShark said:
Arsenal 2 - 1 Man Utd :D :D :D

Didn't give up, those Baby!Gunners, and bringing on RVP sure changed the match for us. A double on Man U - that's pretty sweet, hehe.

Meh, I watched the game a bit and it was still 0-0 and nothing exciting happened :rolleyes: I changed to Jack Bauer. Oh well..you cannot win everything :p

Oh dear, what happened to Utd :lol: Well it does put it all that much closer again..there may be hope after all :p

Hyypia has really slowed up, I can't see him keeping Dan Agger out the team for much longer, I do love him but I think his days may be a bit numbered now :(

Oh it has been a good footballing weekend all round, my team won 2-1 away and I scored for the first time in ages, also had two cleared of the line and got kicked around for fun, gotta love the game though ;)

DaWacko said:

Meh, I watched the game a bit and it was still 0-0 and nothing exciting happened :rolleyes: I changed to Jack Bauer. Oh well..you cannot win everything :p

2nd half more entertaining. But give credit where credit is due, gunners made their chances count and had the edge over United. So 6-points clear it remains with the title race still very much wide open. We're in for exciting things before the season comes to a close. :)

WELL, the CHICAGO BEARS just kicked the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS.. BUTT.. & it was snsowing while they played...32/16 :eek: headed for the SUPER BOWL.. 39/14 WHOA.. go CHICAGO!!!
congrat.gif

TallyHo said:
DaWacko said:

2nd half more entertaining. But give credit where credit is due, gunners made their chances count and had the edge over United. So 6-points clear it remains with the title race still very much wide open. We're in for exciting things before the season comes to a close. :)

I think it was around 50 mins when I watched the gamefor a while. Should watch more games but those are on around 17.00 so it's hard to watch :p

WELL, the CHICAGO BEARS just kicked the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS.. BUTT.. & it was snsowing while they played...32/16 headed for the SUPER BOWL.. 39/14 WHOA.. go CHICAGO!!!

I'm sorry desertwind but this isn't about NFL or American football. This is about real football...erm... I mean something that you may call 'soccer'.

ETA: This this whole Beckham thing annoys me... I assume he has achieved everything because he goes to play to Los Angeles Galaxy? May promote the game over there but I thought he'd have enough money :rolleyes:

DaWacko said:
I think it was around 50 mins when I watched the gamefor a while. Should watch more games but those are on around 17.00 so it's hard to watch :p

Yeah, the timing was brutal. Only managed to stay up until it was 1-1. Read all about it the next morning.

....This is about real football...erm... I mean something that you may call 'soccer'.

dear olde football.

ETA: This this whole Beckham thing annoys me... I assume he has achieved everything because he goes to play to Los Angeles Galaxy? May promote the game over there but I thought he'd have enough money :rolleyes:

*sigh* me too. Biasness on our side for certain but for the vast majority, it's essentially Europe or bust. Perhaps Becks has decided at this stage of the game he can't offer Europe anything more, so off to greener greenback pastures. Wish him well but also wish he would have stayed old school.

Well i am very happy today because Everton gained their first win of 2007 over Wigan and the spanish maestro has done it again: Mikel Arteta you are my hero! I seriously am in love with this guy.

But bad news Andy Johnson could be ruled out for derby but at least his ankle isn't broken which means he won't be ruled out for long.
And happy 100th birthday to William "Dixie" Dean, a legend of a footballer, his record will never be broken. 60goals in 39games. RIP.

Well the Beckham thing is a bit weird but a bit new too, normally old retiring players end up stateside, I think he still has a lot to offer could be good for the game.

My brother is quite happy, he is English, but lives outside Toronto who for the first time have a team in the MLS and really misses live football, he has two season tickets so he will get to see Beckham play, which is quite cool :)

Back