The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

On a friendly match England 0 Spain 1. :D
I hope this means that Spain is doing better because it's doing horrible in the qualifications for the Eurocup... :rolleyes:

Holy crap Greece lost again in a friendly. I don't think we take 'em very seriously. Thanfully we always bouce back in important matches. Our next match for Euro 08' is March 24th aganist Turkey in Greece. We'd better kick their asses & plus, our Independence Day is the day after the match so it's a must win for the standings & our culture & pride. Part of it is because we gained our indepedence from the Turks...

Hormiga said:
On a friendly match England 0 Spain 1. :D
I hope this means that Spain is doing better because it's doing horrible in the qualifications for the Eurocup... :rolleyes:

Oh I think it actually means that we were just absolutley awful!!!!

I agree with you Liz we were awful. I can't understand why he plays the same team in a friendly instead of trying something new and experimenting. Why put Phil Neville at leftback?? At Everton he has played centre midfield or right-back so McLaren puts him at left-back which is so strange. Why not put Gareth Barry or Leighton Baines there when both are natural left-footers? Why not put Joey Barton on and play the full game with either Gerrard or Lampard instead of both of them and waiting until the 80th min to put him on? Everyone can see Gerrard and Lampard cannot play together and the sooner McLaren has the guts to drop one of them (preferably Lampard as Gerrard does more for the overall team) the better England's midfield can play.

Noo, our precious thread is DEAD!

Anyways, I can't believe we lost to AZERBAIZAN in EC qualification :eek: friggin 1-0! Oh man, it's so baaaad. Of course the field there in east isn't exactly...the best of kind but still! If we hope to get in EC, we really should have beaten them because there is still that evil Portugal on our way. Oh man, they better win all next games :D

And Sweden lost as well, bwhahahaha. I am amazed that Portugal played tie :eek:
Results from 28th March:

Czech Republic - Cyprus 1-0
Bulgaria - Albania 0-0
Hungary - Moldova 2-0
Ukraine - Lithuania 1-0
Romania - Luxembourg 3-0
Israel - Estonia 4-0
Republic of Ireland - Slovakia 1-0
Liechtenstein - Latvia 1-0
Malta - Greece 0-1
Northern Ireland - Sweden 2-1
Wales - San Marino 3-0
Georgia - Faroe Islands 3-1
Turkey- Norway 2-2
Azerbaijan - Finland 1-0
Poland - Armenia 1-0
Serbia - Portugal 1-1
Slovenia - Netherlands 0-1
Italy - Scotland 2-0
Andorra - England 0-3
Spain - Iceland 1-0

I actually kind of stopped watching football. It was so stupid to see the Netherlands draw against Romania. Ajax did won against PSV a couple of weeks ago; 5-1. That was so cool to see.

I see England managed a 3-0 victory over Andorra, and Wales did well too :D Pity Scotland were beaten by Italy though.

Delighted with Liverpool's 4-1 win over Arsenal today. Peter Crouch hatrick. Yay! Can't wait to see them next Saturday against Reading. :D

It was a great game. Crouch was superb! A goal with his left foot, right foot and his head..brilliant hat trick!

Bring on PSV!

I enjoyed it very much! :D As I support both teams, I was hoping for a draw, but oh well. Reading deserved a draw to be honest. Liverpool were okay, but didn't seem to get out of second gear. When Kuyt and Riise came on, they suddenly looked very, very good! ;) They changed the game really.

Two highlights for me: Having Steven Gerrard (and other players I really like, like Hyypia, Carragher, Finnan, & Crouch) within very close proximity (I was right by the goal) and I caught the ball at one point and threw it back to Jose Reina. :)

Ok, since I don't follow Liverpool so much..why Hyypiä hasn't had played for a few months? I know he played yesterday but wtf? Has he started to...suck? :p

I think it's because Daniel Agger has been playing really well and keeping Hyypia out of the team. I think Rafa decided to rest Agger and give Sami a game. He's slowing down and getting older I guess, but I thought he played well. ;)

Hyypiä has never been fast :p he even runs in a strange way... he may get old but usually his head is in the right place... I mean, Ronaldo is getting older and fat and they still let him play (yay! I just compared Sami to Ronaldo!) :lol:

Back