The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Congratulations to Uruguay for qualifying to the next round.:rommie:

2. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Congrats to Uruguay. It was a shame to see S.Korea go out, they had some good moments.

I'm hoping for a Ghana win tonight!!

Really looking forward to England vs Germany tomorrow now :D But still praying for NO penalty shootouts!!

3. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Congrats Uruguay! Those were exciting last 10 minutes.

I'd like to see a penalty shootout tomorrow as long as Poldi doesn't screw it up again :lol: Looking forward to England vs Germany!!!

4. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Congrats Uruguay and Ghana....
    too bad USA didn't make it to the quarterfinal......

I think Germany plays most of the time as a team...they just don't give up... (we have this expression about football overhere: "It's a game you play with two teams of 11 players during 90 minutes and in the end Germany wins" ;))

And joining again the looking forwards to the game tomorrow....(and monday of course :cool:)

5. Grissom rules

Im looking forward for today's matches.I predicting that Germany will win the match.

6. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

So pleased for Ghana. They thoroughly deserved to go through last night and you can tell it means the absolute world to them. They've got the expectations of an entire continent on their shoulders now and I would love for them to get to the final. If England can't/don't win it then I would love it to be Ghana.

Cannot wait for the game now! Not long left....

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  7. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

England slightly favorite with the bookmakers....
    anyway... for those who are going to watch.... I hope it will be a good game.. enjoy.. and may the best team win.....:)
    (I can't see the whole match... have to rely on the radio in my car..fortunately I'll be driving along the eastside..about 10 k from the German border... I must be able to pick up a German sportsbroadcasting :cool:)

8. Grissom rules

Tremendous match so far between Germany and England(2-1).Possibly the best of the tournament,although the linesmen have slaughtered England.

9. cathwillows

What a game!!! It's really exciting, the best so far. I can't believe the referee didn't see England's 2nd goal!!! I'm not complaining though...Can't wait for the 2nd half to begin, I just hope the 90th minute comes really soon!

10. Grissom rules

Congratulations to Germany for qualifying to the next round:thumbsup:

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay, it was great game.

And I think this proves that videochecks should be allowed in football. And this was SO obvious, it wasn't right next to goalline, it was probably 40-50cm inside!

But how amazingly Germany built every goal. And 3rd goal (I think itwas 3rd) after Barry loses the ball and Özil runs from the left and how easily he got ahead of English defence.

Evening match will be great as well, I like the style how Mexico plays

12. cathwillows

WOOHOO! Great game! The German goals were amazing. Schweinsteiger, Müller and Friedrich were the best German players today. Friedrich's defense was incredible. Özil ran so fast and got ahead of the English player, then passed the ball to Müller and he made the goal. Awesome. I'm really looking forward to the 1/4 final...not sure whether I want Argentina or Mexico as our opponent.

13. Grissom rules

I'm supporting Argentina tonight.Germany vs Argentina will be a great game in the semifinal.

14. cathwillows

Yeah I think so too, but it will be the 1/4 final ;) Just like 2006 when we beat Argentina!!! That was a great match and our boys can do it again this year!

15. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Huge congrats to Germany, you were simply outstanding today. You outplayed and outclassed us and I would love to see you play Argentina in the next round. It would be fantastic football.

England were a disgrace today and they fully deserved to lose. We're lucky it wasn't 7 or 8 goals because Germany more than created the chances.

I will say though; we DO need video technology because Lampard clearly scored. I doubt very much it would have changed the arse-whipping we got but even so, we need the technology and I have been saying it for years now but in front of the President of FIFA on the grandest stage of them all, there was a HUGE screw-up and it cannot be allowed to continue happening.