The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

I totally agree! There has to be video proof. It can't be that everyone in the crowd can see on the video walls that Lampard scored, or like in the current match that Tevez clearly was in an offside position, and the referees just ignore it which then has a huge influence on the course of the game. But the 3:0 from Tevez was magic! Awesome goal.

2. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Totally agree. Sepp Blatter seems to be the only person who doesn't want the technology and it's holding back the sport. Either he should agree to the technology to advance the sport or he should step down because it's disgraceful that such things happen when we have the technology!

Argentina vs Mexico has been a pretty tasty game so far!! Some good goals!

3. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

On my way back there was a discussion on the radio regarding the above.... of course the outcome was that there should be a videoreferee, also people spoke their dissatisfaction with Sepp Blatter...he's considered the bad genius....(and some other bad name calling, which I won't repeat here;))

I do agree with what is stated in the previous posts.... We have the ability to judge with technology in football... so use it...

And of course congrats to the neighbours.... from what I've heard you did play very well..... Good luck in the quarterfinal against Argentina...

Now looking forward to tomorrow's game..... I hope the team will live up to the expectations... :)

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

As I expected Germany will face Argentina in the quarterfinal.I hope we'll see a good game.

Today's matches:
    Netherlands vs Slovakia

Brazil vs Chile.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Actually on stadium they don't show replays to anyone on screens.

They did that accidentally in Mexico vs. Argentina yesterday and that's what caused the big mess.

As for that offside. I was wondering if they took it that the one who kicked the ball, wasn't exactly passing it to Tevez, but rather trying to score and Tevez just decided to put his head there.

Few years ago van Nistelrooy used a lot of that way to make goals, where they didn't actually "pass the ball" to him and it made many angry.

But it was a great game.

So Netherlands won <3 Yay! A few wtf? moments and I have to say so many chances Vittek had got in this tournament and too many fails.

And I bet tonight's Brazil - Chile will be great as well.

I'm bit afraid because next round there's Germany vs. Argentina (I swear whoever wins that game, will be WC)
    and then Netherlands vs Brazil/Chile and Netherland's centredefence made some big mistakes today.

AS for Germany's game. I think Klose is just amazing, he doesn't fall like Christiano Ronaldo, but goes until the end and that's why he scores.

You ever think how much goals Christiano Ronaldo would make if he didn't fall every time someone runs close to him? :p

[and yes, I call him Christiano Ronaldo because Ronaldo was the brazilian one ;) even tho the doesn't play anymore but is such a legend that I dont' want that crappy falling portuguese to be used the same name]

6. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Again... we didn't play our best game...we also had many chances...
    but in the end it's the result that counts....;) (does happy dancing)

we did :(...we have to play a lot better in the quarterfinal...a whole lot of a lot better....we should have more Arjan Robben :cool:

7. Ducky

Ah yes, Robben was so great! He creates amazing places for himself and for the others.

And was van Persie (I swear every Finn has fun with that name since it's close to 'perse' which means ass.. so everyone pretty much calls him van Perse :lol: :lol:) mad when he was taken out?

I had memories today, I was sniffing "oh the times where there was Jaap Stam, deBoer twins... Bergkamp and Overmars, Davids, Kluivert *le sigh* :lol: :lol:

So Brazil leading 2-0 after first half. Stupid Brazil.
    But what amazes me is how many bad passes there has been, for the both teams.

And adding to previous post: Tevez had said himself it was offside but... oh well.

8. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

he does... we all pray he won't hurt himself.... he's bit fragile...but utterly dangerous....

of course this is quite the talk of the evening... even lipreaders are used just to get to know what he was saying... probably something like :
    "you should get Sneijder of the field" the coach already stated van Persie has the right to be disappointed... lol at your fun with his name.... :lol:

brings back memories... :cool: if we only could have a Jaap Stam and Frank de Boer now for our defence.. and Bergkamp...(he's cute)
    and nice you know the earlier dutch team so well

Well... our next opponent is Brazil.....It's gonna be very very difficult... but then again.. I tend to believe in miracles..... maybe this Friday

9. Ducky

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

He's amazing... If you see all these goals in a row... it's like watching a balletdancer :)

I think you're one of the few who thinks the Netherlands have a chance...
    except for the ever so optimistic dutch footballfans, the rest of the world will probably think Brasil will get easily to the half final ..

I only hope we will rise above ourselves this friday...

11. Ducky

Well when I saw Brazil playing yesterday, they missed so many passes. And who knows. But if it goes to 2-0 then it's bit hard.

As for chering Holland (Okay, I know it's wrong but easier to write than Netherlands)..It's one of the biggest in Finland (There's Brazil, Germany and England and then Argentina) - I guess some started to be fans in 1988 and then when Litmanen played for Ajax during those golden years of Ajax, Finns got very familiar with the Dutch football and players.

So tonight it's Paraguay - Japan and Portugal - Spain.

I hope Japan wins so one team less from SA ;) And Japan has had some kickass kickoff goals (Honda and Endo in the last game)

As for the other game, Spain has my love since usually they don't fall as easily as portuguese (even there's many dying swans when Spain plays as well)
    Christiano Ronaldo just annoys me so f***ing much!

And Spain has Torres <3

12. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Congrats to our neighbors the Netherlands. I hope you'll kick Brazil out. :D

According to the latest news there is a storm warning for the match Portugal - Spain... :(

13. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Oh what a shock, Sepp Blatter today apologised to England and to Mexico and said they'll discuss using technology. I'm not holding my breath that they'll bring it in but at least they're going to 'discuss' *insert sarcastic eye roll*

14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Brazil played efficiently last night.Their match with Netherlands will be great.I can't wait for Spain vs Portugal tonight.

15. Ducky

ESPAÑA!!!!!!!!

\o/ I'd have been mad if with that ball possession and Portugal's way to play they'd won.
    And gosh how sucky Torres has been!

Japan - Paraguay
    How sad Japan to lose, especially that way. Why not save, but to hit the top pole.It just sucks.

So next round will be

Ghana - Uruguay
    Brazil - Netherlands
    Argentina - Germany
    Paraguay - Spain

My symphaties go for non-South American countries :p