The Ever-Declining Danny: Hot Or Not?

Yeah he could have used a flying carpet whilst singing cheesy songs!! Bless!
You're very welcome Twinkletoes.

I do think it's great that Flack and to a lesser extent Hawkes (sadly, it feels like he disappeared after "Raising Shane"!) got more development this season. I don't object to that at all, or to Danny stepping aside to share the spotlight. I think he can be in the background and still be himself--he was somewhat in "What Schemes May Come" when he was so eager to show Mac the rat with the ear growing out of its back.

But it's really not that Danny hasn't gotten any development this season--it's that all of his interesting storylines have been pushed aside for the romance with Lindsay, and that his personality has been changed to fit the juvenile plotline. Why did he have to undergo a personality change simply because of the romance? The old Danny would have been quite interesting in a relationship, but of course, the old Danny wouldn't have worked in some idealized, teenybopper romance story like the one Danny and Lindsay have. That's what bugs me--the character has been altered to fit the plot, whereas with good writing, the plot should be informed by the established characters. Certainly it's true of Mac's storylines--why not Danny's?

Hmmm....being primarily a Flack fan, I've been naturally pleased with the fleshing out of Flack's character, but yes, I do miss the old Danny. He was witty, he was smart, he let his feelings get the best of him and all that good stuff. But, I have hope that S4 will bring him back after Mac gets over himself. Still, Carmine is hot :devil: and I think Danny's wardrobe this season is a whole lot better!

While Danny's wardrobe is definitely form-fitting and therefore appealing ;) , I miss the rumpled suit/button down shirt combos. Danny looked nerdier first season, a bit more like a boy from a tough neighborhood who also happened to be a geek trying to fit in with the other science and cop types. There was something very real about him then, whereas now, he looks like a J. Crew model. His clothes are very tight (again, not exactly complaining :lol: ) and very clearly trendy and expensive. The look is less authentic. Sexy, but less real.

To be shallow and honest :devil:; Danny's wardrobe is the only thing that I've seen improve this season :D.

There was something very real about him then, whereas now, he looks like a J. Crew model. His clothes are very tight (again, not exactly complaining ) and very clearly trendy and expensive. The look is less authentic. Sexy, but less real.

Carmine is always going to look hot for me in and (especially) out :devil: of clothes but I get your point. Danny seems more like metrosexual model :( than a casual chemist :) which I really think he is.

^Yeah, exactly. Danny should look like what he is: a lab geek with a bit of cop and a sprinkling of bad boy in him. The first season look was perfect. The wife beater tank tops fit, too. But the tight trendy jeans and the t-shirts that look spray-painted on? Again, they're sexy. But I'm not sure they're Danny...at least not the Danny we met first season.

^ Agreed. I'm not complaining about how Danny looks, it's just that Danny looks too much like Carmine. It's as if they've morphed into one. Carmine, the hot Hollywood actor type, should look exactly like that. Danny, on the other hand, should probably look a bit different. Jeans and tees, sure, but the jeans are too expensive for a cops salary and the tees are too tight and trendy. Carmine looks fantastic like that, but it's a little bit off of what a slighty nerdy science-loving cop would be wearing. A pair of Levis and a Fruit of the Loom / Hanes tee are probably more likely for someone scraping by on a cop's salary in Manhattan. Plus, Danny just wouldn't be that fashion conscious. ... But hey, what do I know? I also wouldn't have anything as delicious as Danny chasing after some Plain Jane cow pie either.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
I'm not complaining about how Danny looks, it's just that Danny looks too much like Carmine. It's as if they've morphed into one. Carmine, the hot Hollywood actor type, should look exactly like that. Danny, on the other hand, should probably look a bit different. Jeans and tees, sure, but the jeans are too expensive for a cops salary and the tees are too tight and trendy. Carmine looks fantastic like that, but it's a little bit off of what a slighty nerdy science-loving cop would be wearing. A pair of Levis and a Fruit of the Loop / Hanes tee are probably more likely for someone scraping by on a cop's salary in Manhattan. Plus, Danny just wouldn't be that fashion conscious.

I think this is the exact reason why more and more fangirls out there are so easily mistaking Danny = Carmine and vice versa. Sure, there are those of us who know how to differentiate between the actor and the character, but there are just as many, if not more, who love to mix the two together and assume they are the same person. It's scary, the things they say when they do that. (I don't need to actually post links to prove it, do I? :p)

To be honest, I liked how Danny Season 1 dressed. It fitted his profession as well as his character. The no-tie look was just right (I'm glad they took the tie out after that CSI:Miami crossover.) And if we're going to talk about these CSIs' pay and what they can afford ... I think the show is being far from realistic about it (like so many other things). :lol: C'mon, a third grade CSI who can afford a huge plasma TV and a pool table in one very nice-looking apartment that is so not likely in Queens? Only on TV, ladies and gentlemen, only on TV.

Top41 said:

Yeah, exactly. Danny should look like what he is: a lab geek with a bit of cop and a sprinkling of bad boy in him. The first season look was perfect. The wife beater tank tops fit, too. But the tight trendy jeans and the t-shirts that look spray-painted on? Again, they're sexy. But I'm not sure they're Danny...at least not the Danny we met first season.

Yup, The very same Danny that we fell for in the first place, why oh why do they have to do an about turn on him. I know characters evolve and change slightly, but a total transplant of everything that was Danny to everything that now isn't Danny is pushing it too far.

Clothes wise and appearance wise it looks like they let the 'Fab 5' loose on him. Carson would be proud of the form fitting wardrobe. :lol:

KImmychu said:

And if we're going to talk about these CSIs' pay and what they can afford ... I think the show is being far from realistic about it (like so many other things). C'mon, a third grade CSI who can afford a huge plasma TV and a pool table in one very nice-looking apartment that is so not likely in Queens? Only on TV, ladies and gentlemen, only on TV.

Yeah, and they followed the Fab 5 with a visit from Ty Pennington and the gang for an 'Extreme Makeover... Danny edition.' I wouldn't now be surprised to find out he has a marble bathroom with jacuzzi tub... :lol:

Kimmychu said:
And if we're going to talk about these CSIs' pay and what they can afford ... I think the show is being far from realistic about it (like so many other things). :lol: C'mon, a third grade CSI who can afford a huge plasma TV and a pool table in one very nice-looking apartment that is so not likely in Queens? Only on TV, ladies and gentlemen, only on TV.
Exactly! You know his apartment would be the size of a closet and that TV and pool table would be: 1) financially out of the question and 2) unable to fit in the 10' x 10' studio apartment he'd be living in. I guess the theory is that fans wouldn't romanticize him the way we do if we saw how a NY cop really lives. Nothing hot about watching a man in cheap clothes live off macaroni and cheese so that 97% of his salary can cover rent. :lol:

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Nothing hot about watching a man in cheap clothes live off macaroni and cheese so that 97% of his salary can cover rent. :lol:

Hmmmmmm. If the TPTB shows Danny walking around in boxers, or better yet, nothing ... like I'm gonna care what kinda place he lives in or what he owns! ;) C'mon, TPTB! Get yer priorities straight! :lol: :devil:

^ Well, if we want them to stay true to life, then the only clothes he would be able to afford after paying the rent would be the ones he wored to work, and he can't very well wear those around the house, could he? :devil:

The image of Danny sitting bare chested, eating cold pizza and watching re-runs cos he can't afford much more is fine by me.
His apartment seems like something I've been dreaming off.
Didn't Stella in Tanglewood say they are on $94,000,00 a year. Or is that her and Mac.

I get what you guys are saying.

Top41:
Danny should look like what he is: a lab geek with a bit of cop and a sprinkling of bad boy in him.
But I'm not sure they're Danny...at least not the Danny we met first season.

I always thought of Danny as the nerd that had a little sex appeal :). I think he looks hot but I keep visualizing him living off on the vending machines and tha free coffee in the office just to get buy with his salary but still be able to shop regularly at Barney's :lol:.

His look was never an issue for me before because Danny was a great character. His appearance may enhance his persona but a pair of "Citizens of Humanity" jeans and a few baby-tees doesn't make Danny the Danny I, and I'm sure others fell for :). The problem now is that there is barely a character to actually enhance :(.

Unfortunately, that great swagger and realism we fell head over heels for isn't available at Neiman Marcus :devil:.

Back