The Ever-Declining Danny: Hot Or Not?

I am holding onto the destiny dashed comment.
I swear though if the relationship doesn't work out after they have knocked boots and either of them use the words I don't think we have chemistry or we don't have anything but work in common. So help me god!

I think a more chemistry driven couple could have blown thwe love storyline away.

Deb, why didn't you email me? I would've paid you for the mags and taken them off your hands! :lol: :lol:

My Danny-lovin' is still hot (no surprise to any of you, I'm sure). ;)

He's still snarky and intense, particularly in the questionings, investigations and interrogations of DoWaR and Comes Around. He still strives to outrun the shadows of his past. He still backs up his team members, no questions asked ( examples: Stella in Cold Reveal and Mac in Comes Around, not to mention Hawkes in Raising Shane and Lindsay in SooH). Yes, I know to most of you Lindsay doesn't count, but Danny is still Danny. He's still hot and doing his thing in my book. Opinion is what makes the world go 'round. :)

It scares me that I've been checking out Adam and Flack more lately, when I really used to tune in for Danny. I've always liked the both of them, but I've just enjoyed their scenes way more lately. And really, it's all because Danny just isn't doing it for me anymore. It's more than just the looks, it's everything to do with the personality of both the actor and the character. I'm 100% turned off on both.

DITTO. I am so turned off by Danny these days that I think we'd be better off if some freak accident blew up him and Lindsay mid-clinch. I am just so goddamn sick of new danny, which is even making me turn on old Danny, too.

Flack's my new man now. ;)

Hey!

I still love Danny Messer...

Yes I totally agree that the Danny Messer of Season 3 has become quite forgettable and maybe even pathetic but I blame TPTB for it.

I'm all for giving the other characters their screentime and their chance to shine (Flack, Adam, cause it is about damn time) but TPTB really have been unforgivable with what they've done to Danny I just hope they finally wake up to themselves and realise that us fans out there WANT our Danny back...

Enough with the crap storylines that Danny has had to endure throughout this season and bring back meatier storylines in which Danny really shines in. As for CONTINUITY it looks like TPTB flushed that down the toilet I think everyone agrees that for two seasons we were given a storyline about Tanglewood and Louie, then season 3 came along and oh yeah nothing...

I want the smart ass Danny, the Danny who would fight for the lesser guy, the Danny who was so passionate about his job the Danny.. ok you guys get my drift... the Danny we all FELL in love with.

On a lighter note, I am glad that we got to see a glimpse of the old Danny I love how he was mouthing off to the bad guys, now that is the Danny I've always loved.

I've probably said this a hundred times but here's 101st time "bring back the Danny of old for next season" because he really has been sorely missed.

^ Concurs with sydneycsi. Season one and two Danny was fiery, unpredictable and fun to watch and he had these great emotional storylines (On the Job, RSRD).

Watching an average guy chase a dull girl is a tired cliche. I really hope season four brings more of the Danny we love. The guy with a bit of fire in his belly who always has something interesting to say or does something you can't take your eyes off of because sometimes it's a complete train wreck.

Aside from the horror of consummating the D/L thing, Danny was Danny in the finale and was a treat to watch.

It was nice to see the old Danny back somewhat in the finale...i hope they bring him back to the way we liked him...and also ai hope he does have some kind of reaction to what he lived through and not just brush it off like nothing happened.

It was indeed nice to have the old Danny back in the finale. Let's hope he sticks around next season.

If Lindsay had his balls in her possession when she came over to 'play pool,' it's quite possible that he managed to steal them back in time to be taken hostage. Now if only we could be sure that she didn't take them back at the end...

^ I think Lindsay retained possession of his balls. Suggesting his debt be paid in sex certainly took some cahones I don't believe she possessed prior to his castration.

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon so late!

a) Danny's looks: TPTB played him for maximun beefcake benefit (which I'm sure did wonders for the ratings on the West coast once the East coast fans started squeeing!! on-line). As for the clothes, I do seem to recall he commented on the price of the t-shirts the guy was selling in the first Shane epi as them being too expensive for his salary. On the other hand, there's the green shirt... which has been seen on more than one ep already.

b) Character: we got the watered-down, I'm-trying-to-be-mature, see-Lindsay-I'm-not-really-a-player-nor-a-dog Danny Messer for some 85% of the season (I have the final four eps to watch yet, so please let me have some hope). But he did have some shining moments... or am I the only one who went awww when they heard his "I'm-scared-sh***ess" waver in his voice in the second Shane epi?

c)The Romance: a tad too high-school for my tastes. And TPTB were definitively going for pleasing the female fans with that whole arch. On behalf of TPTB, they also tried appealing an older crowd with the Mac/Peyton storyline, which hasn't been entirely succesful (too many people too gung ho on Mac and Stella together, I guess).

Seen from an entirely business-like view, they played the right card: just check out sites like TV.com or FanFiction.net and you'll see that 9 out of 10 CSI NY fan is a die-hard D/L shipper (or M&M's lover, whichever you prefer). To be perfectly honest, this is the first site I've bumped into that is not overly rooting for that ship.

And so it comes, confession time: I plead guilty to having written D/L fanfic although it's not the ship I pledge (all the Flac/Stella shippers in da house go OH-OH... sorry.. got carried away there for a sec). Now, why on Earth, do you ask, did I do something like that? Cause sadly, my dears, that's the only way to get into the CSI NY fanfic world and get acknowledged/reviewed/taken into account. Alas, now that I'm some sort of "established" author (snort!snort!) I'm writing what I like, which is definitively NON-cannon.

Let's just hope next season gives us a better Danny!

Never too late, foxdvdgh. :)

or am I the only one who went awww when they heard his "I'm-scared-sh***ess" waver in his voice in the second Shane epi?
Oh, I loved that as well. There were definitely moments that made me think they haven't abandoned Danny for good, but other times...

To be perfectly honest, this is the first site I've bumped into that is not overly rooting for that ship.
*clings to TalkCSI* And don't I know it! Don't get me wrong, everybody has the right to like what they like, but it's nice to be on this message board. :D

Now, why on Earth, do you ask, did I do something like that? Cause sadly, my dears, that's the only way to get into the CSI NY fanfic world and get acknowledged/reviewed/taken into account.
Really? I mean, I see why you would, but that's interesting...

I think its good that Danny changes but some stuff is unrealistic like the clothes, TV does havea large poetic licence so hey. (However the coroner from Miami the other day was wearing channel sunnies and that was just rediculas, it does seem to have become more of a fashion parade than a crime scene!)

I quite like him and lyndsay (sorry) but some guys do go all doe eyed and stupid when they fall in love i'm sure we all know friends that have changed since becomeing a couple.

There has only been one danny moment when i think hmm dont do that again it doesn't look good thats in tanglewood when talking to mac an he says 'These guy just dont give a fffff...' i dont know why just dont like it.

I think he needs to grow his hair back a bit and sweep his lady off her feet remind us all why we love him so much!

I think he needs to grow his hair back a bit and sweep his lady off her feet remind us all why we love him so much!
Um, I don't know about anybody else, but I don't love him for his hair or his apparently tendency to completely change character when he's getting some.

How about they drop the romance storyline since it's a trainwreck waiting to happen and put a bit more thought into how they present the character (appearance, housing, etc)--then we'll see if they've reminded me of anything.

Back