The Ever-Declining Danny: Hot Or Not?

I liked Danny in Season 1. Yeah he was hot-headed, but it was nice to see that he struggled to be a CSI sometimes and often got it wrong, whether it be following his instincts or picking out the suspects. He wasn't all together like Mac and he was overly emotional. I liked it. I did get scared of him on scenes on his own. His whole story in Outside Man was incredible. He did everything by the book but just couldn't understand why people do things like that and didn't even seem phased by being put on the promotion grid.
Danny in Season 2 was also fabulous. He kinda shaped up and wised up to how to be a good CSI. Maybe being taken off the promotion grid, forced him to take stock and look at how much the job meant to him. His interrogations were frightening and it was nice to see that whilst he still empathised with the victims/suspects he knew where to draw the line.
Season 3 Danny has gone off the boil. Apart frm the Shane Casey storyline, he just seems to have lost whatever passion he had for the job. Maybe it's because all that happened at the end of Season 2, maybe not! Who knows?

Sorry if I rambled on!!

MichelleK said:
Sorry if I rambled on!!
Not at all MichelleK, and I totally agree with your views on Danny.

Things do appear to be looking up in the last few episodes of season three though, don't they? So maybe we'll have Danny back after all :D

Thanks Twinkletoes!!

yeah here's hoping the end of season 3 three brings closure on certain parts of Danny that we hopefully never have to see again!!

Like MrsG, I thought the low point had to be when Danny was begging Lindsay to go get a slice of pizza with him. Well, I was proved wrong in that very episode--surely the low point had to be when he called after her that he was there for her if she ever wanted to talk after she'd shot him down and as she was walking away from him. No? How about when she manipulated him into dealing with an ugly part of the job on her behalf in "Oedipus Hex." Oh, wait...then he flew to Montana to support her after all that. For any character that would be downright pathetic.

Thanks for summing this up so well. They really have done a job on his character with respect to the romance with Lindsay. And she is just so . . . meh. Even with Peyton, who I don't like and personally can't see with Mac, I can understand why some people like her and her relationship with Mac. But, truly the Lindsay character is so bland, I just can't see how anyone thinks this is a good pairing. I do know that others really like it, but I honestly can't see it where with Mac and Peyton even though Peyton bugs me, I can understand why some people think it is a good pairing. Does that make sense??

Anyway, I do think that if they got rid of the D/L pairing Danny would go back to be a much more interesting character.

I miss the gorgeous grin he used to have plastered to his face. I think he wants to be with Montana so much that he has gotten serious all of a sudden. He needs to have a sugar rush and bring the grin back!

I definitely miss the pre-romance Danny. Personally, I liked Danny in season one. While yes, I do agree that he needed to mature beyond being a young hothead, I don't think he needed to lose everything about him that made him interesting--the quips, the complaining, the bad jokes, the almost sad earnestness that made him care so much about his job. I miss those things about the character.

^^Yes, because now he is just the shell of the man he used to be. I realize people mature and change, but a change this dramatic is a little unbelievable and saddening to watch. :(

I can't begin to tell you how tightly I'm clinging to that 'destiny dashed' phrase, it seems the only hope of Danny salvation...

Twinkletoes - everytime I read about a D/L scene the sameisvoice in my heads echos - DESTINY DASHED - D/L is just temporary. It doesn't do anything to help the bad taste in my mouth though!!! It has to happen I swear if Zuiker is just holding us to false hopes I'm going to kick him in the ass.

MichelleK said:
I swear if Zuiker is just holding us to false hopes I'm going to kick him in the ass.

My God I will be so spectacularly pissed off if it ends up all sweet and luvverly. He's promised us destiny dashed and if we don't flaming well get it....well... I'll be holding Zuker down so you can kick him even harder :lol:

Thanks for having my back!
It also better not fizzle out and one of them says we haven't got chemistry or anything in common! We've known that since the beginning! Again I'll be boarding that plane so fast!!
I don't think Danny will ever be sweetness and happiness. He an emotional wreck and if Lindsay (the other unstable CSI) thinks she can save him. More fool her.

Hi,
Ok first off I am (blush) a fan of D/L but I agree that we need to have the old Danny back, it seems that the writers have forgotten the great character of Danny and turned him into some love sick puppy.
To the writers: Bring back the Danny of old please!!!!
I miss the sarcastic, quick witted, get out of my face Danny....
Carmine needs to have a long sit down with the writers and ask for better storylines for season four, ie Louie,Louie,Louie, or bring back the Tanglewood boys, the tension he had with Mac, anything really, is that too much to ask?...
On a side note I watched the promo and DAMN it looks great!!!

^I miss his wit, too, and the passion he brought to the job. To me, that was the most interesting and fun to watch thing about the character, and it's been lost in large part this season.

Also, just want to add...let's not threaten Zuiker here. ;) It's bad form. :p But, I do hope what he was saying is true, that D/L's destiny really will be dashed and done for good. A happy couple doesn't make for good drama, especially not in a crime show.

oopsie sorry Mr Zuiker - I apologise!
Yeah D/L will never be a happy couple, they both still seem to have issues from the past that they need to sort out beore they think about a serious relationship.
Let them have their passion and then drop it - it works out best for both sets of fans.

"Danny has more chemistry with Flack than he does with Lindsay"

I would have been fine if something were to happen between him and Montana because I know who Danny is and he's a well developed character :D. But then they completely drained him of his fiery passion which I have grown to love :(.

Look at him now. He's getting stood up. He's practically begging like a dog. He even got hit with the "it's not you it's me" line. What happened? :confused:

Has Danny Messer been castrated?

Lindsay, as a charater, has been butchered, at least in my point of view. I still don't have a clear idea about her :confused:. I'm bored with her :mad:. She just doesn't do anything for me with Danny.

I've noticed how the writer's have been trying to push this relationship since the 2nd season, but the chemistry was just never there for me. (Which is ironic, considering that both of them chemists)

If they want to spice the show up with a little love story, then they should have had a better couple with more spark

Back