The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by CSIannalysse, May 21, 2005.

?

Whose memoir would you read? (You may choose more than 1)

1. Mac Taylor

32 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

25 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Don Flack

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  4. Danny Messer

22 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Lindsay Monroe

11 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Sid Hammerback

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  8. Adam Ross

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  9. Jessica Angell

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Other (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

yes they kill of Charisma Carpenter 'cuz she was pregnant and lately they couldn'y cover that 'cuz his baby was growing...:)

2. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Actually, the coma in late season 4 covered the pregnancy. As a matter of fact, CC returned to work just 2 weeks after the baby was born to shoot her last few scenes of the season. She was perfectly willing, and intended, to keep working. It was Joss who said "sorry, too bad" and ended her character. She thought she was coming back for season 5. By the time shooting for season 5 began, she was as gorgeous as ever and had her figure back for the most part.

3. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

Well, they haven't just taken poor Cordy away, they've taken the whole show :(. Oh well, I'll live on DVDs.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Rookie

I don't see how this is evidence of ME having been "cocky". We already knew, from Buffy, that time in a Hell dimension can pass differently than time in our dimension. And Quor'tath was a Hell dimension. It's not like one episode - baby; next episode - teenager, with no explanations whatsoever.

Joss and Charisma had a rather nasty falling-out, from what I understand, over the way the character of Cordelia was progressing. Plus, Cordelia just wouldn't have fit in with the S5 changes; she never would've gone along with the Wolfram & Hart move, no matter what. I suppose they could have gone the route of having her separate from the gang, but that had already been used with Wesley, so it would've been repetitive.

5. Kat_La

Kat_La Prime Suspect

I liked Buffy better when they were in high school.
    I loved the musical ep.
    I loved Buffy and Angel together. and Buffy and Spike.
    I liked Faith.

In Angel i hated the Connor storyline, how Wesley got really serious, Cordelia being a higher being and killing Fred and having the demon in her body. Oh and i hated the storyline with Jasmine. So wierd and stupid.

I loved seeing Spike in the last season. He just made it so funny after having Wes go so serious and not funny anymore. Him and Angel together was just comedy in itself.

What i thought was silly was how they were trying to show Buffy when Angel and Spike went to Europe but u could tell it wasn't her. And the storyline of what Buffy was up to was also stupid.

I was obsessed when the shows were on and i got the nickname of "Buffy" during that time.

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Rookie

Probably could've been handled better. Connor didn't seem all that interesting to me personally until his season 5 appearances, but I never actually hated him before then. Tragic figure, that Connor.

Loved Wesley's evolution from bumbling incompetent fool into do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done badass. Without a doubt, the best example of character development I have ever seen.

It only lasted a few episodes. :p

The rise of Illyria would've had a chance to be so much more interesting had a 6th season occurred. As it was, I thought it was interesting to watch this ancient, evil demon in its efforts to reconcile the past life of its new body, and try to figure out exactly what it was going to be in this new age.

"Stupid"? You may not have liked it, but I don't see how it was "stupid". I thought it was a brilliant take on the destruction of authority, as well as the question of what's more important: world peace but no free will, or free will even in a harsh world.

"Jasmine, it's over. You've lost." "I've lost? Do you have any idea what you've done?" "What I had to." "No. No, Angel. There are no absolutes! No right and wrong! Haven't you learned anything working for the Powers? There are only choices. I offered paradise. You chose this!" "Because I could. Because that's what you took away from us. Choice." "And look what free will has gotten you." "Hey, I didn't say we were smart. I said it's our right. It's what makes us human."

"Thousands of people are dead because of what you've done." "And how many will die because of you? I could've stopped it, Angel. All of it. War, disease, poverty. How many precious, beautiful lives would've been saved in a handful of years? Yes, I murdered thousands -- to save billions!" "The price was too high, Jasmine. Our fate has to be our own, or we're nothing."

7. CSIannalysse

I didn't like the connor storyline in seasons 3 & 4, but his appearences in season 5 as a sweet teenager were good to me.
    Just a note: Wow, we're on 2 pages!!!! Yippee!!!!!

8. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

Um, yeah, I am aware of the time differences from dimension to dimension. By "cocky," I mean a little too vain and self-confident. By that, I mean it was just too pat and pandering to the viewers. That's just my opinion, but it seemed like they were stuck for a storyline and thought, "hey, let's throw a dart at the wall and whereever it lands is where the story goes!" It just felt too contrived. There were actually quite a few things I didn't like about Angel, now that I think about it. The only thing I truly enjoyed about it was the first season with Doyle as Angel's "guide," or whatever one wants to call him. Ugh. This is the Buffy thread, lets stick with that. ;)

9. CSIannalysse

What's your fave Buffy episode?

These are mine:

1. Fear Itself
    2. Surprise
    3. Angel
    4. When She was Bad
    5. The Gift
    6. Him

They aren't actually in any order though. I didn't like the eps in season 3, so that is why I've only put 6.

10. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

Once More With Feelings
    angel
    when she was bad
    Becoming 1&2
    Nightmares
    Out of Mind,Out of Sight
    prophecy girl
    Chosen

11. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

In no particular order:

Once More With Feeling, The Body, Forever, Doppelgangland, Restless, Family, Help, Chosen, Gift, The Zeppo, Choices, Becoming 1&2, Amends, Angel...

12. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

ohhhhh I forgot the gift...It's really good episode.. :)

13. CSIannalysse

I like the gift's lack of music, it really gives off the effect of a sad Buffy!

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

and I forgot one of my favorites - Hush! What the Body accomplished with no music and plenty of painful dialogue, Hush did with very little dialogue and lots of music. I love it when Joss Whedon would experiment with format - whether it be by getting rid of talking in 'Hush', doing away with music in 'The Body', doing a musical, or going all random train-of-thought-y like in 'Restless'. Brilliant!

15. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

once more with feeling, hush, beer bad, homecoming, living conditions, Pangs, the body, the gift, i was made to love you, bewitched bothered and bewildered, beneath me....gosh, there are too many to count :lol:

I also loved the ep with Willow, Anya, and Olaf the troll. I cant remember the name off the top of my head though.