The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by CSIannalysse, May 21, 2005.

?

Whose memoir would you read? (You may choose more than 1)

1. Mac Taylor

32 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

25 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Don Flack

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  4. Danny Messer

22 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Lindsay Monroe

11 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Sid Hammerback

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  8. Adam Ross

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  9. Jessica Angell

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Other (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

Buffy is one of my favourite shows (well it is not as good as CSI) but I love absolutely EVERYTHING about it!
    I have too many fave episodes to name down! They are just so good! What are yours?

Fave pairing: Buffy/Angel
    Fave season: 2
    Fave character: Willow

2. Guest

Guest Guest

in about an hour i'll be watching buffy. thank god for repeats
    i've only seen the whole of season 2 and season 7, so season 2 is the best. Spike rocks, he's just so funny.
    i love the episode school hard, cos i love spike as i mentioned before. I love buffy too!
    :lol:

3. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

*smiles approvingly at this lovely, lovely poll*

I like polls...they make me feel I've done my civic duty and voted!

I have all 7 seasons of BtVS on DVD, several books (The Watcher's Chronicles, etc), and a few posters lying about.

Favorite Buffy quote of the day: How do you like my darkness now? (Buffy, to Dracula) Actually, I think that's my favorite quote of the week, sorry. :p

4. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

I love Buffy!! My brother got me hooked on the show, he kept telling me how great the show was so I watched an ep and was hooked instantly. I have all but season 7, which I will get soon.

My favorite Buffy quote is "Be kind, rewind".
    I use that one quite a bit.

My favorite Giles quote is "The world is doomed".

My favorite Willow quote is "I think I'll wait til that question comes around again before I answer".

5. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I got hooked on the show by flicking on to it one time. The first BtVS episode I ever saw was season 4's 'Fear Itself'. I've been obsessed ever since. I have all the seasons of Buffy and Angel, I've got books, posters, and LOTS of magazines. It is my 2nd fave show. (1st fave CSI,... duh!)
    I know what every episode is about, and I can repeat at least one quote from each!

6. Caderyn

Caderyn Pathologist

I was such a Buffy fan in high school (4 years ago). I haven't watched EVERY episode, but I tried. It's been quite a while since I talked about it (when the TV trend started going from supernatural to realism I followed suit -> why I moved from Buffy to CSI), so let's see...

-I LOVE it when they were all still in high school.
    -My favorite character was Cordelia (when she was still HerUberBitchiness, not the 'mother-hen' character we got in Angel).
    -I LOVED Xander/Cordelia, but never really got into Buffy/Angel (don't kill me).
    -After the Buffy-Angel split (in shows), I really liked the Buffy/Spike and Angel/Cordelia pairings (again, don't kill me).
    -I DID NOT like Dawn and she was only interesting when she was bonding with Andrew near the end.
    -I COULD NOT stand Kennedy.
    -I LIKED Willow better as a nerd, didn't mind her as a lesbian, but did not like her as Powerful!Wicca.
    -Favorite episode is by far the singing one. Wonderful!

Now that that's done. Does anyone realize that they very first person killed by a vamp on BtVS was played by Carmine Giovinazzo, our very own NY's Danny? I think he was the one who sneaked with Drusilla to the school. Hope I'm right about this.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

on FX they replay all 7 seasons. I watched some of the last season a couple weeks ago.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

i know, when they started replaying buffy on five, and i went out so set the video to record it, and the timer went all crazy and recorded the first minute, and i was like oh my god, that's danny! that's danny! my brother looked at me like i was crazy

9. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

So did I. Then I started to really not love it in season four (except for "Fear, Itself" "Hush," and "Restless," which ruled)

Like Angel once said, "I like them both," be it 110% superficial Cordy or more humbled "Angel" Cordy.

Nope. I'll agree with you on that one, too. Xander and Cordy were just so...never meant to be, but so fun nonetheless. Angel kind of sucked on Buffy, although my opinion completely changed when I saw him on his own show. Buffy's choice in men just got worse with Riley, who was pretty subpar.

Season Five was kind of the beginning of the end for me. Dawn irritated me, from her constant whining, to the way she just kind of popped up. I couldn't suspend my disbelief that far, sorry.

I know this girl who tries too hard to shove this bad-girl attitude down everybody's throats. You have a tongue ring? Yeah, so does everybody else as of 1998. ;) (no offense to anyone, I had one back in the day.)

10. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

I miss Buffy, I miss her witty remarks when she was battling vampires. Or when Giles would start on her about being the chosen one, she would have a geat comeback. I'm hoping that someday they'll maybe make another Buffy movie, but only if Sarah Michelle Gellar is in it. If it's anyone else, it just wouldn't be the same. But I guess thats just wishful thinking.

11. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

Em, yes, a Buffy movie would be just a dream come true. I'll just have to re-enter the Whedon-verse with the Firefly movie coming out soon. I think Sarah Michelle Gellar has moved on from Buffy though. She didn't even really show up for the DVD extras, so I'm guessing she wouldn't be up for a movie. :(

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Rookie

Good show, though Angel surpassed it. Especially when that shitty season seven came around, while Angel season four was firing on all cylinders.

13. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Yeah, Angel was something different altogether. I also didn't like S7 of Buffy at all, while, as you said, season 4 of Angel was fantastic.

How often does the spinoff surpass the original? Not very often! I also, as stated above, loved DB in a starring role much better than simply Buffy's brooding undead BF.

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Rookie

^ S7 was the only season of Buffy I actively disliked; I wasn't too thrilled with S4, either, but that was still better, IMO, than S7. In fact, if I had to rank the Buffy seasons, I'd probably go S3 -> S2 -> S5 -> S6 -> S1 -> S4 -> S7. Still, if I ever get around to buying the Buffy DVDs, I would probably get S7.

You're sort of correct. He was the first victim of a vampire shown on Buffy, but he was not a victim of Drusilla. Dru didn't show up until "School Hard" in S2 (with Spike, of course); you're thinking of Darla.

15. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

Good point there, PsychoPere. Season 7 was my most UNFAVORITE OF THEM ALL. Hated the potentials, Kennedy, ugh. Just the stupidest thing. Not all eps were bad, but over all. "Lies My Parents Told Me," and of course the Finale were two stand out eps for me. Hated Principal Wood, he was just not doing it for me. (LIked him better as the pedophile in "Harvest," this past season of CSI!)

And why was the finale a good one, you ask? Well, because of all the dead little potential slayerettes, that's why! (Althought I bawled like a baby the entire episode, mainly because it was the last one ever, and Spike saved the world.)