The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by CSIannalysse, May 21, 2005.

?

Whose memoir would you read? (You may choose more than 1)

1. Mac Taylor

32 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

25 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Don Flack

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  4. Danny Messer

22 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Lindsay Monroe

11 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Sid Hammerback

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  8. Adam Ross

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  9. Jessica Angell

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Other (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

hey guys
    I need a animated buffy icon:) do you know any web sites??

2. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I found a website just for you!

CLICK HERE

I'm not completely trustworthy of it, I'll check it out for you, and if you do take one from the website, remember to credit them and let them know.

3. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

ohhh god you are so gooooooooooooooooooooood (!) thank you very much :)

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I miss BtVS and Angel the series SO MUCH! :( It's gotten to the point that the only TV show I watch now is CSI Lv -there's nothing else good on the box!!! I seek solace in my loss by becoming even more obsessed with CSI (yay!) :D and writing fanfictions for both CSI and Angel (I'm an Angel/Cordy shipper, by the way)

5. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

I miss Angel...cuz in turkey they show BTVS now..:) BTW I am angel/cordy shipper too :)

6. CSIannalysse

I'm a buffy/angel shipper, but that's just me.

7. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

So am I ;) I think Willow and Xander go good too.... :p

8. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Yay! More C/Aers have come out to play! :)

9. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

hey all you C/A-shippers! I know we're occasionally unpopular kids at the party - people love their B/A ships. So did I - I was a die hard romantic for them - until Buffy came to LA in Angel season 1 (Sanctuary) and turned into the b*t*h from hell!

I was very anti-Angel/Cordy in the beginning - I was outraged when I first read about a possible ship between them. But then I watched eps like 'To Shanshu in LA' and 'Heartthrob' and generally all of season 3 when Angel started training her and DAMN!!! sparkage and kindred spirits in the extreme. And I came to realise something - Buffy may have been the first woman he ever really loved, and she was the reason he started down his road to redemption (he wanted to help her). But Cordy was the woman who helped make him human, brought him out of his shell, got him to relate to other people, became his family and most importantly - kept him on his path. Buffy never understood him, not really. She loved the enigma, not the man. Like she said in BtVS season 3 'We're not friends'. And they weren't.

And Cordy grew up a lot and became a really amazing woman while working with Angel. Buffy didn't really change that much, except to cut herself off a little bit more from those around her. Cordy really evolved, went on her own path to redemption. Like I said, she and Angel were kindred spirits... That's my 2 cents worth - bit of a ramble, but I have a habit of doing that.

One final word - and I'll appologise in advance for the fact that it's a plug - I'm currently writing a post Angel season finale C/A-ship fic called 'Evermore' over at fanfiction.net, if anyone's interested...
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2318287/1/

10. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Im def. interested. Feel free to plug away! Aint no shame! :D

That was a very well put post. That is my view exactly. I understand B/A, but i was just never really into it. It saddnes me that JW was unable to evolve as well and run with C/A. It's a shame the way he ended things with both Cordy and Charisma Carpenter.

11. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

I think I'd tuned out of Angel by the time she left...what happened exactly? I remember her being turned into a Higher Being, and in another dimension...but after that, I just lost interest in the show. *ducks whatever the rabid Angel fans throw at me*

I'd also like to say...I never felt Buffy was a bitch. Yeah, the girl definitely had her moments, but on the whole, I just didn't get that "vibe" from her, or whatever you want to call it instead of a "vibe." The Scoobies were usually the ones to piss me off, as far as character disgressions. Nothing comes to mind right now (of course!), but there were so many eps where I'd end up screaming at my TV because of weird behaviour by various characters, which seemed totally out of character. Pardon the pun. Heh. I never could quite ship Buffy with anyone other than Spike. I know I'm in a very small minority here, but the end of Season 5 and all of Season 6 are probably my favorites. Love the darkness. (and the musical!!!)

12. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

i love seasons 5 and 6, just not as much as 4. i dindnt much care for 1 and 7 though. Youd think the bookends to the series would be good, but i just didnt think so.

As far as Cordy goes, you tuned out at the right time. After she came back from the higher plane and had amnesia, they murdered her character. They had her body hijacked in that dimension by some demon and it was controlling her all through season 4 so that it could cause her to have sex with connor and give birth to itself. It was pretty awful. After Cordy gave birth to the demon (which was somehow a grown black woman, though both Cordy and Connor are about as white as you can get) Cordy went into a coma and she didnt wake up till mid season 5, at which point they killed her off for good.

13. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

Why did they do that to her? Was there one of those silly little "contract renegotiation" thingys going on? Or did they decide Fred was a better female character? Ugh. She bothered me immensely for some reason. And yeah, the whole Cordy-Connor "slumber party"...ewwww. I think that was the last ep I watched actually. Very, very disturbing. *gags* I didn't think the Connor situation was very well written either. One minute he's a helpless infant, the next some evil miscreant hellbent for Daddy's Deathscene the next. Sometimes I think TPTB (hee hee hee) get a little too cocky, and forget the viewers have brains, as well as obsessive little memories. (Although I need to add, Joss and crew did a much better job with things like continuity, character progression, story arcs, etc than CSI has ever done. I <3 Joss)

14. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Well, David Greenwalt left at the end of season 4. He adored both CC and Cordy, and once he left it was only a matter of time before CC was toast IMO. For whatever reason Joss seemed to prefer Fred. So he simply said "there was nothing left for the character" and wrote her off. Personally, i think dealing with the aftermath of having your body hijacked and used as a vessel for demon spawn would be a quite compelling storyline. But to-MAY-to to-MAH-to, right?

15. CSIannalysse

I think they had to 'kill off' Cordy because Charisma Carpenter actually was pregnant, so she was having maternity leave I guess and they couldn't think of anymore storyline for Cordelia.