The Buffy Thread

Whose memoir would you read? (You may choose more than 1)

• Mac Taylor

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Stella Bonasera

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Don Flack

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Danny Messer

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Lindsay Monroe

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Sheldon Hawkes

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Sid Hammerback

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Adam Ross

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Jessica Angell

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
oh, it was hilarious! and then Xander nods knowingly

Xander: We're right there with you buddy.

SOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!

lol...i love that scene, esp when willow walked in the library, xander pointed a wooden cross at her, and when he see that it doesn't have any effect on her, he shook the cross (as if to check if it was broken) and then pointing it at willow again

I like it when Willow says, "Oxygen becoming an issue." When they are hugging her.

I've been writing a buffy story if you wanna read it. It's not fabulous stuff (to me anyway) just a way to grow my creative side. It's called What Happens Next? I'm Dragon of Athena on ff.net so if you see it and that's what it says then you know it is mine.

I loved Buffy vs Dracula, especially when they 1st meet in the cemetary.

Man: We're not going to fight.
Buffy: Do you "know" what a slayer is?
Man: Do you? (smirking)
Buffy: Who are you?
Man: I apologize, I assumed you know, I'm Dracula.
Buffy: GET OUT!

That was soooo funny!!!

I also love Willow's tounge twisters, the twister in "Gingerbread"

Buffy: Willow, what is this? (referring to the drawing on her notebook)
Willow: A doodle...I doodle...you too, you do doodle too.

HA HA HA!!

Ok, this thread needs a SERIOUS bump :p

Heres one of my favorite lines. I think its from "Faith, hope and tricks":

Faith: (reffering to Giles) If I had known they [the watchers] came this young and cute, I would have gotten transferred a long time ago!

Buffy: Raise your hand if EWW.

:lol: :lol:

Thanx for bringing us to life again GGCSI!

I thought that was quite disturbing as well.
One of my fave scenes is in Season 3. The episode: the Prom.

The part where Angel breaks up with Buffy and later when she is with Willow; crying saying she can't breathe. I'm a b/a shipper but I thought it was beautifully done. I have one more thing to say: where can you get those Hellhounds? I want one. :D

:DIm a huge Buffy/Angel shipper :lol: :lol:

I just love "Amends" :) How it started snowing and they were all up on the hill and trying to convince Angel to get inside... :D One of my all-time favorite A/B scenes.

I love Buffy and Angel and have all the dvd's so, IMHO :):

BUFFY
I think Dawn and the potentials are possibly the most irritating characters ever, especially that Rhona who just moaned and complained and whined alll the time. And don't get me started on Kennedy :mad:.

The fact that it was publicised that Spike was joining Angel before I saw the last buffy kinda spoilt it a lot for me, took the shine of his saving the world.

Drusilla cannot do a British accent.

Season 4 whilst having the army guys in it (and I do have a thing for army uniforms) wasn't the best, apart from HUSH which I thought was fantastic.

Season 6 was the best with evil Willow who I must admit I prefer to Buffy and her poor me speeches.

I think the supporting cast were excellent, Willow, Giles, Xander, Spike, even Andrew in season 7 and could easily have gone on to do another spin off series between them. Anya got the best lines tho.

I am apparently a freak because I didn't like the singing episode and FF all the singing parts now. But then I don't like musicals....

ANGEL
Season 5 was excellent after the darkness of season4 it was good to see a bit more humour. The addition of Spike and his relationship with Angel was crucial to that.

I always kept hoping Doyle would come back but then Glenn went and died so that was that :(.

Lorne was terribly underused in Season 5 but I'm not really sure what he could have done in a multi-dimensional evil law firm anyway :rolleyes:.

When Fred died I cried my little eyes out, but Ilyria was the coolest and he conversations with Wesley were some of the funniest I have heard (calling her a smurf when he was drunk etc)

I wasn't aware that Charisma and Joss had fallen out over where Cordelias story was going but I agree with some prevoius comments about Cordelia not going for the working for the evil law firm and the out in the cold bit had already been done. The episode where she came back did serve to remind everyone that the law firm was evil and hey why are we doing this again? :confused:

Good points Garysgirl, I thought that the potentials were annoying as well! I hated Buffy's "poor me" speeches.

I especially hated Buffy (the character not the show) in a couple episodes of season 4, when Willow was grieving at the loss of Oz, and by the end of three episodes (in real time that's probably a week), she's like "it is kind of getting boring" eh hem didn't she get months to mourn the loss of Angel at the end of season 2 and beginning of season 3?

I think Buffy needs to sort out her priorities. Her friends were there for her but she was never there for them.

I still enjoyed the show, but that was what bugged me.

:p Eh, every character has they're weaknesses and bad points.

At first, I didnt like Faith. And now....I still dont like Faith. :lol: :p She just seems like a total b****, especially to Buffy and Co. :|

I know, but Buffy was a bit b****y to her though, and because the way Faith grew up, I mean a mother that didn't care, no toys, no puppy, nothing to hold onto.

I must admit the character personalities are certainly thought provoking, and I thought all this time the show was about the slayings of vampires! :D

Don't you find it a little odd that us 3 are the only people who talk on the buffy thread? There's me, GGCSI and garysgirl.

I reckon we should get to the nitty-gritty of the characters, their good sides, evil sides, surprising sides all the different sides.

I think the next character should go into is Xander. I think that if he grew up with his morality switched round, he'd make a pretty good foe against Buffy instead of being so close to the 'good fight' limelight but never step into it. All the characters took Xander for granted, and I don't think that was fair of them.

All the characters took Xander for granted, and I don't think that was fair of them.

To be fair I think all the characters except buffy were kinda pushed into the background. OK so the show was "Buffy the Vampire slayer" and not "willow the wicca" or "Giles the watcher" but it did annoy me that such excellent characters were often hideously underused and Xander probably more so than the others. No super powers etc which I think they did sort of address in the way that he saved Willow at the end of season 6, and when Dawn thought she was a potential (which would have made her uber annoying) which was then further address when Caleb poked his eye out.

On the other hand I think Xander brought a good balance to everything and if he had have had a power it would have been like X-men or Fantastic four where the whole gang has something. I think it was nice that all Xander had to offer was himself and that that was sometimes what was needed, not another rousing speech from buffy.

*gets off soap box*

Hmm....well, Xander is one of my favorite characters because of his jokes and how he kind of makes the darker fighting scenes funnier. I think that the 'group' really does take him for granted. I mean, just watch "The Zeppo". They wouldnt even tell him what was going on! I got really mad at that, because hes supposed to be one of them. You know, the evil-fighter people. :p And just because he doesnt have any special powers or a title, they just assumed that he would get in the way or get hurt. I think he could do a great deal more if they just stopped being so protective, yes? Maybe train a little bit with Buffy and Faith. ;)

Somebody post? :(

Ok, I went down to the city yesterday (Downtown Chicago) and I saw this and just had to take a picture just for you Buffy fans. :D :lol: You guys are the only ones that will appreciate it:

For rent....

Back