The British and Irish Thread

Go Stoke eh? i can't believe they have gone up. They're possibly my closest premier league team next season (or west brom, or villa, i'm not sure really) but I have a few big stoke fan friends, who haven't seen the light of day today ;)

Yes I no...another football post!

Wow, what an all english final! My heart was in my throat while watching those penalties. I fell so sorry for John Terry and Chelsea but I am so glad that Man U won :D I wont be able to sleep tonight :lol:

We can't help but talk about football eh? The national game and all!!

i'm so happy for united!! (strange for a leeds fan eh?!) but I'm all *squeee* at the moment, but I did feel for JT, he was emotionally drained, bless him.. I only came on here tonight because I'm so hyped up i can't sleep!!

Hehe here's another happy Utd fan come to join the celebrations. :D The penalties, for me like Nat, had my heart in my throat, I was so worried when Ronaldo missed his... But it all worked out for the better... :lol: I'm going to have to say that after Droghba slapped Vidic, I can't feel sorry for any of the Chelsea team... It was completely uncalled for, and I hope he will face some kind of disciplinary action for his behaviour...

I hope he does. I passionately dislike Drogba, I was so worried too after Ronaldo's miss, but once JT missed I kinda knew it was going to be United's night. Amazing game though. I do hope Drogba is disciplined though, or Chelsea sell him, whichever. . . And if Chelsea sack Avram Grant, it'd just be silly, getting to the champions league final.. but I reckon they will...

I agree, Droghba is one of the few footballers that I really cannot stand, he is just so cocky and he always seems to get away with diving, back talking and 'assaulting' other players (with his tackles and things like that slap tonight). I think it would be a mistake for Chelsea to sack Grant, he did something Mourinhio couldn't and got Chelsea to the Champions league final, even if they didn't win, they still got there...

Exactly, although i think they will sack him, which would kind of be a shame. And there are few footballers i really hate, but drogba is one, and Ashley Cole I can't stand!1

I can't feel sorry for any of the Chelsea team...

Not even John Terry? Aww. I really felt for him. :(

I'm not a fan of either team, but I'm not sure it's fair to criticize Drogba for diving when Ronaldo is just as bad. I think both teams have their arrogant players, as do most teams. ;)

I hate Drogbha with a passion :lol: I agree that all teams have their fair share of arrogant players but you have to admit that over the last season Ronaldo had matured a lot! But does he have to cry all the time?!?! :lol:

I felt sooo sorry for John T but I'm really happy for Lampard....thats another for his mum :D

I'm not a Drogba fan either. I still haven't forgiven him for celebrating infront of the Liverpool bench in the semi-final. :rolleyes:

I hadn't noticed that Ronaldo has matured, but I don't watch United much. I'm a Reading and Liverpool fan, so it's not been a great season for my teams, lol!

I'm also getting rather tired of the Premiership being so predictable. The top 4 teams are the same every year. It's all about the money, and it no longer feels like a sport anymore. I have really lost interest in it to be honest.

/moan over! ;)

I agree with Natty, I think that Ronaldo has matured alot over the season, but yeah he does cry alot, he is a little over dramatic at times, like last night when he was being interviewed he "Missing that penalty was the worst, day of my life." I think that was a little over exageration, and I definitely don't think Ronaldo dives as much as Droghba, no one is quite that bad. ;)

Lucy, I agree with what you say about the premier league being predictable, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are the elite and no one can really live up to their standards, really it's a league of 4 teams, no other English team really has much of a chance of winning any of the important trophies because of them.

Yeah that's a good point Bubbles, I was thinking more of the major trophies, such as the Premier League and The Champions League. ;)

I was thinking more of the Premier League and Champions League too. The top 4 tend to field slightly weaker teams in the FA Cup, playing only a few first team regulars in the early rounds, so I don't think they take it all that seriously unless they get to the QF stages.

I was so happy for Portsmouth and Harry Redknapp though. It was great to see a team outside the 'Big Four' win the Cup. :)

Yeh I know. The premier league is a little predictable, which does make it a bit boring, it always seems to be the top 3 and then Liverpool in 4th though lol. I have enjoyed the championship this season though, that's been a little more interesting.

Back