The British and Irish Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

What seems like a million :D Well, slight exaggeration, I've had 11 so far, got 2 more on Friday and thats it!

I've had Maths, English Lit, Science, RE Half Course, IT Half Course, Graphics, French, Leisure and PE!!

I did Maths Statistics, Eng Lang, Lifeskills, Leisure and another PE course thats worth 1/2 a GCSE in Y10, aswell as part of my Maths and the Y10 Science exam!

So gald they're almost over! Then I have like 12 weeks holiday 'til college!

What about you?

2. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Shh J85.. England are amazing remember :p

Ah i'm doing my A-Levels so I dont have that many, I feel for you though I remember my GCSE's. I've had 2 music resits last week, I have 6 left - music and english combined on tuesday, one psych one on wednesday, and the rest are on the following Monday. Then after I have a whole year before I go to uni. The break between school and college is the best though, spend it wisely ;) How do you feel your exams went?

3. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

TBH, they have gone really well! I haven't really found any of them amazingly difficult or been stressed! :D

How's your A-Levels going?

4. LemonJelly06

Yeah well my resits went ok! I'm feeling quietly confident about them, which I hope isn't me tempting fate. :p I can't wait til they're over, I really cant haha! :D

5. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

I see you were talking about Britains got Talent.
    I have watched a few (only for DEC) but I heard one of the dancers who got thru went to my old school, he is in year 8 or 9. My sister still goes school with him. :)

I dunno if he is out of the comp now.

6. LemonJelly06

Woah, this thread's become dead. :( Need to think of another topic.... anyone watching or planning to watch Wimbledon? :D

7. Alien_from_mars

Wimbledon, when does that start? I will watch it. I like watching us, but we always lose, so I have become use to it. :lol:

8. LemonJelly06

:lol: Yeah I enjoy watching our matches, but don't hold my breath that we're gonna lose.

Tim.H is useless in my opinion :D sorry anyone that likes him.

9. Alien_from_mars

I thought Tim Henman had retired?

10. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

'tiger' (ahem) tim hasn't retired i don't think. i believe he'll be playing this year again.

did anyone watch the glasto coverage over the weekend? completely amazing!! i'm gonna go in 2009 - woot!!

11. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

No Tim has definately not retired. He nearly put me in the Cardiovascular unit of the hosiptal yesterday and today :lol:

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

So, we have a new prime minister, Gordon Brown, and Tony Blair has quit being an MP to become a peace envoy in the Middle East. Politics is just mad sometimes...

The thing is, I was aware that Tony Blair was stepping down, but for some reason I thought it was much later in the year, so I was actually really surprised when I heard the news today. :lol:

13. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

When he announced during the 2nd week of May. They said it would take around 6 weeks to find a new PM *or let Gordon take the role*, but that 6 weeks have come around rather quickly.

I'm sad to see Tony go :( I much prefer him as a PM that Gordon, I have never thought much of Gordon. But I'll let his own policies to do the talking now he's top dog.

14. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

No more Tony Blair. This is a very happy day!

15. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I don't like Gordon Brown either, so I don't feel happy. On balance, I think I preferred Tony Blair. Oh well, I think I just have an adversity to politicians in general! They're all about spin and saying what they think we want to hear. I don't trust any of them to be honest - currently that is.

I always seem to prefer fictional politicians! ;)