The British and Irish Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 13, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I slept through it :lol: I have never woken up to those little earthquakes we have had here! BUt this is coming from someone who has been sleeping in a tent in the middle of a full blown thunderstorm :eek: I didn't even wake up then!! :lol:

Which quite annoys me...

Us Brits are so funny!

I woke up this morning, put on GMTV and said, 'What there an earthquake!?!?' :lol:

2. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Being a very heavy sleeper I have always said I'd 'Sleep through an Earthquake' but last night I was proven wrong. Here in Lancashire we certainly felt it. The whole house shake and there was a really loud rumble. I thought it was a plane coming too low but only this morning as I put the news on I realised what it was :p and yes we have all gotten a little too excited at something which can potentially be very devastating :eek:

3. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I felt a little shake down here in the south, but I put it down to a big truck or a low flying plane, haha then I get a call 5 minutes later from my Grandma in Wakefield telling me her mirror had come off the wall and everything (she thought I'd be interested because I do Geology)
    She also seemed too excited :S When I was in Japan there was a bigger one and it;s definitly not fun, specially not when your on the 33rd floor:eek:
    But yes, we did have something to talk about in college today. And I didn't know this thread was even here...shows how much I look hehe

4. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I didn't feel anything, I'm in the South East just down from London we didnt really get anything from it. My dad said he woke up randomly at one point but he didnt know if that was just him. But i decided even if it did i was to passed out asleep to notice, my head hit the pillow i was out like a light that night.

ITs funny how everyone here is soo happy about it in the UK... tho there is facebook groups called "i survived the earthquake" which i find hilarious.

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I was too drunk and too busy dancing to feel it. And I saw the facebook group, it's like so many of your friends joined it, I was just :rolleyes:

6. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

Im from West Midlands i felt it a little, as i was already awake but nothing serious here.

7. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

i felt it shook the whole house wondered what it was,then my ex-husband said we've just an earthquake. I live in lincolshire

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I'm in London and I didn't feel anything. The house could have shook and I may have just slept through it, but no one in the house and everyone I know didn't feel anything. It's quite shocking that England had an earthquake. :eek:

9. shady

shady Hit and Run

something disturbed me around the time of the earthquake but I just put it down to the fact I had gone to bed early as I had a real early start the next day and I never sleep to well when I go bed early. It was my sister who told me about it, then of course it was on the news. It seemed weird to me how some people thought it was the worse thing ever to happen to them when in other parts of the world people get bigger ones and with loads more damage and loss of life.

10. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

I was wide awake, first there was a vibration, it was like when we had glass windows, not do8ble glazing and a bus went past the house, stuff rattled, and I thought it might be the tumble dryer, or the central heating, so I got up to have a look, and then the whole house shook. I remember the earthquake back in 2004, and this felt like a 5 so I wasn't really bothered that much, I just went outside, and you could hear birds chirping, and it was pitch black, quite bizarre. Then again if anyone remembers the eclipse, everything was yellow in the middle of the day and there wasn't a bird around, now that was creepy!

11. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Wow didnt realise that We had our own thread.

Regarding the earth quake a few weeks back- nope I sleeped right through it however in my dreams I did dream of a very large big lorry or a train coming towards me... I got scared for a while, then I woke up and went back to sleep.

:evil:

To reply to the one that i was reading... Nope its cool that you've bumped us all together....

I am mixed race. :vulcan: logic dictates that all races are mixed at some point.

:cardie: As long as we're not mixed with the Borg!

:klingon: The borg do not die with honour.

We need CSI icons. :drool:

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Just thought i'd see if any of you are experiencing the lovely storms... worst in 10years. Always a good way to start spring i thought we lost winter.

It's horrible i got to university in Brighton and commute i never made it in purely because i walked down my road and my trousers were soaked through and i was gettin cold i turned back and went home. Winds apprently reached 70mph down there early that is just stupid.

Now much damage though just a broken fence.

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

The weather isn't that bad here in the midlands!

But unluckily the rain and wind got really really bad when I got off the bus and waled down my lane leaving be absolutly soaked!!

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Up here it's not that bad, nothing particularly different from the other wind and rain storms that we've had recently.

Yes, I got soaked at the bus stop today because the wind was just blowing the rain right in. Very annoying. :lol:

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

The Ironic thing is that it all went peaceful as soon as I got home!

And put the kettle on :lol: