The British and Irish Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 13, 2007.

1. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I go to Westlife every year at the MEN Arena and every year I get Front Row, I've been front row for all 26 shows they've done at the MEN. I que at the Box Office when every date goes on sale. I have to be there a little earlier that 7am to get front row. We always have to camp over night, and the idiotic BO staff don't open it earlier for us, we have to wait until 9am :rolleyes:

I'm a total ticket snob, once you realise it is possible to get front seats and you know how to do it you'll never sit at the middle or back again.

We even managed to get 2 decent sets for Take That in December for 18th and 23rd December although its the most stress I've ever known in my life. It was hell. :eek: I was in work and I didn't do an ounce of work until 12pm when all dates sold out :lol:

Peter lives nearer Wigan than Bolton, he lives Atherton way, I pass his house often, but I've never seen him about yet :lol:

2. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

i hate camping outside waiting for tickets! i had to do it when i wanted to see oasis at the manchester apollo a few years ago and it was hell. the area round the apollo ain't the loveliest at the best of times as well!

3. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

I'm gonna camp for as long as it takes for front row tickets to see Leona Lewis in concert! I love that girl!

June_85 - What time do you usually get there to camp out? I need some idea so I can arrive at the right time so I won't be sitting there for like a day that I don't need to, but so I am still at the front! Any advice?

4. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Yeah, Stockport Road in Manchester is errr a tad rough :lol:

I don't think you'd need to camp for Leona Lewis. You would be able to get decent seats online as she won't be in that much of a demand. If you are adamant you want to go to Box Office in person I suggest you get there 2 hours before they go on sale and you should get front few rows, if not front row.

5. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

it most certainly is tad rough. :lol:

i had a nightmare getting take that tickets for december aswell. in fact, it was so stressful, i've told my mates they can get them this time. :lol: i've done it twice now! :lol:

6. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

Anyone watch Britain's Got Talent?

I was in the audience for one of the Manchester auditions, and when I watched it before I saw meee!! They flashed to me quite a few times! I'm really hyper now!

7. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

I watch Britain's got talent, it's pretty good, awesome you got to go and be in the audience too!

Anyone impressed btw, that Lewis Hamilton got into poll position in the Canadian Gp? I don't follow motor racing, but it's pretty amazing considering. :p

8. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I've been an avid fan of Formula 1 for about 10 years now. Lewis's success so far has been amazing, and makes me proud to be British. I've just watched the Canadian GP and had tears in my eyes when he won :eek: :

9. LemonJelly06

It was pretty amazing! Did you see Kubica's crash? He was so lucky to get out of that with just a broken leg! I'm so psyched for Lewis though, I really hope he stays as good as he is now, he's such an amazing driver, he deserves this win. :D

10. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I've just done a big scpeel in the Formula one topic about ydays race haha about Kubica and Lewis and what not. But that crash was spectacular. :eek: Worst one I've seen for a while. I still have the image in my head of Senna's car crashing 13 years ago :eek: It will remain with me forever :(

Has anyone been following the Test Cricket agaisnt the Windies? Does anyone follow cricket at all?

11. LemonJelly06

Last I saw, WI were 379-7 chasing 455, personally I think England are going to be 2-0 up, well I hope so anyway. Monty P is really showing some amazing play though, he took 5 wickets I think, he really is pretty amazing.

12. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Its a bit too close to call I think. They only need 70 runs and v England needing 3 wickets. I'd be tempted to give it to Winidies, I hope England do it of course but this afternoon should be a nail biter. Damn me being at work and having to keep refreshing the updates on the BBC website lol

*edit to add...*

Ha Ha :lol: I spoke too soon, 394. Eng got 3-15 after lunch :p Windies 394 All Out. Here's me thinking it would be a close one. The England team must have had some wetabix for lunch :D

13. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

I love Cricket! I play for a Cricket team, and have followed for many years!

I have not seen much recently coz I've been busy due to exams :mad: but they'll be over soon!

14. LemonJelly06

^^ oo what exams have you got?

Yeaah so glad England took it, to be fair they have been on top form against the windies! :D

15. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

The Windies aren't a World Class side anymore, they're going through a tansitional period so they're slacking a bit. Thats why they made England look good :lol: