The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Ooppss----My fault - I didn´t know that. Am not a fan of spamming myself. Sorry

Thanks for answering my question anyways. I only posted in more then tread because I hoped to get a broader perspective on things and someone to answer.

I started wacthing CSI for the very same reason; that you had a more adult - cast and a storyline with more then one twist as far as crimesolving goes. So head on I loved the crimesolving elements and I never thought CSI was targeting one agegroup or not targeting both sexes. The casting covering a large group of people in diffent ages and different sexes. But the leaving of more and more "regulars" on CSI LV made me concerned. Eventhrough storyline of "Murder she wrote" and so on might fine. I -in this age group "30 over" - loved the fact the shows had Cat Willows etc.. Strong mature women who still have a life. And not being reduced to a sweet elderly lady has one handbag and only observe life rather then living it.

Hopefully we will never see any "Bold and Beautiful" or "Paradise Hotel" elements on the show. My boyfriend would leave the room way before that happened. But comming from different tvculture I didn´t know, what really mattered for an american tvcoperation. And how much difference ad -money made on develoment of show that has to stay on the air.

Will now - in hope- put on my highheels and curl my hair.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I am really wondering if the NPR recording is messing with us. I could hear the first one loud and clear, but no matter how loud I turned up the NPR one I could not hear weird sound.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Me too. I was wondering if that one is legit. I researched it on the web and was able to hear the sound on other sites.

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Same thing happened with me...I could hear the first but not the NPR one...maybe I couldn't hear it because I almost went deaf as child and had to undergo a myringotomy.

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I should try it on my son. He had problems hearing and had ear tubes done too back in September. Wonder if he can hear that? *experiment time* :lol:

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I was afraid to try it. :lol: I thought it was going to be one of those things where you get someone to turn up their speakers and get really close to the monitor and then something yells and scares the living life out of you!

Not that I've ever done that to anyone...especially not at work...or anything...no...that wouldn't be funny at all. :D

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Sure, sure Smokey. We all believe you. :lol:

8. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Yes that first one was annoying and very loud....but the 2nd one I heard nothing.

9. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Okay I tested it out on a teenage Guinea "Nat" and she didn't hear anything on the NPR site, but said that she has heard it in stores before. I think NPR might be messing with us. :lol:

10. Smokey

Well, now that I'm sure it's not a trick, I tried it. :lol: I couldn't hear a thing, which I guess is "normal" since I'm over 20?

On the plus side, the eye doctor said yesterday that I don't need reading glasses. Yet. :)

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Ah yes it's the 'Yet' part you have to laugh at :lol: I started wearing reading glasses when I turned 45. Other than those I don't wear glasses. I'm the only one in my family, both parents, 2 sisters and a brother, that doesn't need glasses for seeing distances. My hubby's the only one in his family of both parents and 2 brothers, that doesn't need them as well. We've been told by a couple of different eye doctors that we are an unusual couple. Usually at least one of the couple wears glasses.

12. Smokey

Well, she did say that I was the second patient that morning with eyes as bad as mine! :lol: I see absolutely nothing but blur without my glasses or contacts and have worn them since first grade.

So not having to put reading glasses on top of my contacts was a good thing. :)

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Hearing is clearly not an issue for me, since I often have to wear earplugs a night or I keep getting woken up... Bleh. I hate being a light sleeper.

And it seems like my eyesight has actually improved slightly? My optometrist told me that's not totally unusal, either. I think it's because, despite the fact that my glasses are really, really nice ( :lol: ) I only wear them when I really, really need to... it's like the practice helped or something?

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I tried it. Didn't hear anything. :shifty: But it may have been the sound on the computer since it doesn't always work. :rolleyes: I keep forgetting to try it on the other computer.

The eyes - who knows! :alienblush: All I know is that they have been light sensative since I was 2 and had viral meningitis. Lately that's gotten worse and even a cloudy day can bother me. I guess that's why I hibernate inside most of the time. :lol:

Susan

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I heard the sound. I don't know if that is good or bad and it didn't say what level the sound should be at. :shifty: Though I didn't have the speaker up very loud.

I don't need glasses either...I got lasik surgery! :thumbsup: Greatest money ever spent!