The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

That good? I've thought about Lasik but I severelly struggle with just contacts, so the thought of a laser near my eye gives me the willies.

2. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Now it's eyesight we're talking about. :p

I've been wearing glasses since the seventh grade. I am far-sighted and I can usually get by without wearing them. I only use them for computer use, watching TV, going to the movies and reading. However, my eyesight suffered through all the books and cases I had to read in law school. The funny thing was, it just was common in law school. Some of my classmates entered law school with perfect eyesight and when we graduated, some of them ended up wearing glasses. :lol:

I've tried wearing contacts but my eyes get too dry and I can only wear them for up to eight hours a day. As for lasik surgery, eventually I want to undergo such but then I have to save up for it.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oh, it gave me the willies too and I was scared. I mean they're cutting my eye, while I'm awake :eek:. That is what bugged me the most. It's funny, I really wasn't concern about any pain, just that I would know when they're cutting the flap.

However, there was NO pain and when they did cut the flap, it actually felt like a tickle. Weird. When I think how much I paid to get Lasik and compare to how much I've spend and would spend in glasses (frames & lenses) and contacts, it's worth the money. I know a great place to go to in the U.S.

Pm if you want to know. I know lots of people that have gone there.

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I would love to get the Lasik too, but I cannot afford it overall right now. I've had glasses since I was in 4th Grade and worn contacts since 7th grade. I love my contacts. I will not wear my glasses anywhere but home. They drive me crazy otherwise. My vison pretty much sucks though. I cannot go without glasses or contacts, everything is a blur.

5. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I was able to hear it. Yes, it is annoying. I don't like loud noises and when I used to go to concerts and clubs (in the old days) I used to wear ear plugs. I guess that must have saved my hearing some.

I didn't hear the NPR one, though.

6. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I've had to wear glasses since I was 7. I used to wear contacts, but it's been years because they've just always bugged me. I can always feel them in there, and sometimes my eyes would get really dried out. I've thought of Lasik, but don't have the money at the moment, and I'm scared that they'd mess up and make it worse. :shifty: Yeah, I"m not overly trusting, and my life kind of goes by Murphy's Law to begin with. :lol:

7. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Haaaaa, as for Lasik surgery, like I told my sister, maybe I should get surgery for just one eye first, in case something goes horribly wrong...That way, at least I have vision in the other eye. :lol: As for Murphy's Law, I just don't want to think about that since the power of suggestion can be very strong. I never want to even ask, "Now what's going to go wrong?" :lol:

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Instead of Murphy's Law, think about O'Toole's commentary on Murphy's Law: Murphy was an optimist.

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

hey there everyone! *waves* :beer:

I think I've been in here before but I'm too old and I'm having memory problems so forgive me if I'm wrong. If I have it's been ages so Hi again everyone.

It's so nice to know there are people my age on this board, this is a nice escape from reading OMG So HOTT. OH wait, I do that too. NVM.

I did one of those hearing test things, where only people under 25 are suppose to hear it. Well my teenage son's computer is right next to me like 5 feet and I turned it on and I could barely hear it. But he grabbed his ears and started yelling 'turn that off it's so annoying.' I turned it off, but then a few minutes later I turned it back on until he was screaming. I did it again a few minutes later and a few more times through out the night. He's 17, thinks he knows it all, so he deserved it. I have the link saved for another day ;)

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

:guffaw:Love it twiztid4togo!

11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Great minds think alike!! I bookmarked it to bug my 16yr old with it. W e he gets too annoying I'll just have to turn it up and click away.

Does that make us evil genuises?

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Yes it does and at our age dealing with teenagers, we have to be. He has a new g/f here and I've got it ready to see how annoying I can be to them LOL mmmaaaauuuhhhaa

So how many of us have teenagers? It seems like most are dealing with toddlers or youngsters. I also have an 11 year old also. The noise didn't bother him quite as bad, it's a shame.

13. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Almost makes we wish I did have a kid just so I could do that to torment them because it sounds like fun. ;) Ah well, there's always the neices and nephews. :devil:

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I have no kids. The hubby and I are DINK's. Double Income No Kids :) We do have 5 fur kids though but some how I don't think they would pay any attention to the noise test. Sue I do like the idea of testing the noise test out on the son and his gf. Grins evily :D

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi all.

Couldn´t agree more with you....Sometimes I wish one could go back and said ...Hey don´t worry. Life is what you make it. Don´t let anyone make it for you...Especially just before that big exam with the teacher that didn´t like anybody.

And the first time you had to do your taxes or find the right insurence. Well ....doesn´t that just bring back memories.
    Your first loan in the bank.....Nowadays the bankmanager might even be younger then me. Thank heaven the doctor and insurenceguy are still my age or older. Where does it say you go antique when you turn 30? *LOL*

IMO: age shouldn´t matter. But I still get annoyed when people get all worked up about fx. Demi and that young guy but doesn´t say a word about Naomi Campell and the italien guy....Or mayby age is only a female thing?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009