Texan Charm- a Nick/George Discussion Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes is was No Humans Involved. Thanks for mentioning that, somethimes I just completely blank out on the names of episodes :lol:

Happy Birthday wlk68!

That's a really sad story! It must have been a pretty bad accident for them to not recognize who the girl in the hospital was all that time.

I heard about a case recently where a woman was missing, and everyone was looking for her for a long time, then they found out she had been unidentified in the morgue for almost a year. They had checked there before too, but nobody properly identified her.

I never understood why everyone blamed Nick for the misidentification in that episode. He just found out who was on the ID. They like to make Nick the scapegoat I guess. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday wlk68!

It's truly a tragic story and it just goes to show how easily these things really can happen. Again, "Ripped from the headlines" seems like an accurate way to describe a lot of dramas, sadly.

I was just saying the other day that it seems his accent has lightened a lot...bet he had a dialect coach that helped him 'tone down' the accent so he wouldn't get typcast.

I once heard a radio broadcast his Dad did (and WOW does he sound just like his Dad!) all about the death penalty in Texas, and his dad's accent is pretty pronounced. I just know I drool everytime I hear the accent kick in!

Happy Birthday wlk68. :)

I do love his accent and I hope that it does not affect his ability to get future roles.

wow, i dont think the discussion thread has been this active before! im just gonna backtrack for a bit so bear with me :p
first off, jim caviezel was dreamy in the count of monte cristo and george could be in a movie like that. the only thing is those movies (ones set in europe) are the only time his accent would have to go. usually, regardless of the country, most movies set in europe the actors either have a british accent or what i consider no accent. ie people who sound like me :lol:
while george is extremely handsome (duh), and so was christopher reeve, he could have pulled off a superman role but like Baba said in the other thread hes probably too old now. they did remake superman and i think the actor playing clark kent is all wrong. but thats just me.
i think his accent/looks plays really well to being a cowboy *drools* but he would be so cute in romantic comedies. action, maybe, depending on how it was done. bond, sounds good to me! :D although it would be super strange to hear him talk with a british accent :lol: i cant see him as any kind of villain though. maybe its because ive known him as the good guy for so long. but still thinking about it i dont think it would work. anyone else got two cents on that?

I could definitely see him doing cool action movies too. Again, something a la Quentin T or Robert Rodrugues would be super cool! :)

Yeah for some reason I can't imagine him being a villain too.

Oh he could definitely pull off a Don Juan de Marco. ;)

Btw, happy birthday wlk68!

BabaOReilly said:
I could definitely see him doing cool action movies too. Again, something a la Quentin T or Robert Rodrugues would be super cool! :)

Ya know, I got the impression from the interviews around the time of Grave Danger that QT had a little bit of a man crush on George.

I was pretty much expecting that, after working with him, QT would cast GE in one of his movies or something.

I know he's done other stuff besides CSI but those movies were made to be broadcast on television. I would love to see GE make the jump to the big screen.

Thanks to you all for the birthday wishes. I really appreciate it!
party.gif

pledging mr johnson was on tonight, and nicky was so adorable in during the autopsy scene! and yes, i realize how stupid that sounds :lol: youd think in a job like that theyd be used to naked people, since the body is only under a sheet to conceal parts that cant be broadcast on television. but nicky was very uncomfortable when it came to johnsons johnson :lol: thats just our good ol boy i guess :D

Yea, a new thread! Not much to comment on, except that Gary was involved in one major film and began another one during this season and the reason for so little screen time.

So, I don't think he pissed off anyone. Not sure why George has not none anything recently, maybe he just wants to enjoy his spare time, after all the grueling hours of a show like CSI.

I'd imagine after the firing, he wants the TPTB to know his main focus in his current job perhaps.

Yeah, George would be great in an action movie, as long as it wasn't too violent (I don't like watching those)... but even something fun like Speed (I'm aging myself, I think). I could see him doing quirky stuff with actresses like Sandra Bullock or Tea Leoni. Jim Carrey and George Eads together!! :lol:

Yeah, I don't see George doing the British accent so maybe not James Bond... but an American version of a James Bond type of character would be great.

And I agree with allmaple... any type of role where no specific accent is involved would be good. Hey, he could even do a historical film -- he could be an ancient Greek prince! ;) [I went to my niece's and nephew's elementary school spring concert tonight and my nephew's class did the finale, which was Zorba the Greek, so ... bear with me!] :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back