"Targets of Obsession" Discussion *SPOILERS*

I think you are right GNRFan. I think the sequence is out of order in the promo. I think Cath is clinging to Nicky to get to safety. And Vartann may or may not already be down. We'll have to find out when the episode airs.

Sort of mixed about this one. The Ray/Haskell thing needed to be put to rest already.
And the bomb thing... seems so ...... over dramatic. The will they or won't they make it out? And will Cath and Vartann made amends or not? Seems so very over the top for CSI.

I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

It's a shame they dragged the haskell thing out so long as he's been one of my favourite baddies, especially like the way Bill Irwin brought humour to the role.

The promo looked like catherine was trying to head back into the warehouse and Nick wasn't so much hugging her but holding her back.

I noticed in the promo nick watches as someone (presumably the bomb guy) drops down into a kind of plexiglass case, kind of interested to see how this warehouse is going to be rigged to explode.

Anyway looking forward to the episode as long as they don't try to pack too much in, almost feels as though this is the season finale episode!

It's a shame they dragged the haskell thing out so long as he's been one of my favourite baddies, especially like the way Bill Irwin brought humour to the role.

Yeah, I liked him at first too, but now he's just like an overplayed song that you get tired of after so long lol. Its a shame, really.

The promo looked like catherine was trying to head back into the warehouse and Nick wasn't so much hugging her but holding her back.

Hmm... good point. Maybe Vartann's still inside and she tries to run back in to him, but Nick stops her.

Agreed. He was so good and creepy at first, but now it just seems like they're trying to give him exposure. Why does he need another trial anyway (other than to give him more chances to taunt Ray)? Like someone said in an earlier episode, just "lock him up and throw away the key."

I kind of thought that too, but it's hard to tell much from the promos (especially since CBS blocks the 'official' one here :rolleyes:). Maybe Vartann was back there, and she was trying to get to him (and then he ends up in the hospital).

Agreed. He was so good and creepy at first, but now it just seems like they're trying to give him exposure. Why does he need another trial anyway (other than to give him more chances to taunt Ray)? Like someone said in an earlier episode, just "lock him up and throw away the key."

I'm thinking this will be the last time we see Nate Haskell. If nothing else, it will be closure for Ray.

As for needing another trial, he doesn't get a "free pass" just because he's already serving a life sentence. Here in the state of Washington, Green River Killer Gary Ridgway is serving a multitude of life sentences for murder, and yet he was charged and will stand trial for the murder of another woman who he killed in 1982 but whose remains were just found and identified. I know it seems pointless, but he still gets due process even though he's already in prison because that's the law.

OT, but I've been watching a show called 'Lights Out' on FX. Bill Irwin is a re-occurring guest. He's not as creepy, but his character is a little sleazy. He's pretty good at playing that, too. It is a little weird to see him in a different role; I keep expecting him to stab someone. :lol:

I guess we have to see Ray moving on from his ex-wife and his ex-serial killer. Not really sure why, though. I suspect we will have another serial killer in Vegas soon enough. Personally, I would much rather see Sara and Natalie confront each other, although I guess that time has passed. But it 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' been interesting!

I didn't think I'd watch this episode (it doesn't look like Jorja is in it), but it looks like a good one for Marg, so I'm looking forward to it. Probably won't have too many more of those, sadly.

I am looking forward to this episode, I personally love the character of Haskell. I love his creepiness and he makes a great serial killer IMO.

But what I am looking forward to most (and I never thought I'd be saying this) is Justin B. Because I get to watch him die!!

This ep looks exciting.

Well, in reviewing the longer promo, I noticed a couple of interesting things. When they flip through the characters as our friend Haskell is asking who the victim is, there's a shot of Vartann, holding his gun, and he's watching Catherine. To me he looks kinda worried/upset/very tense. It's a split second, and it took me several times to get it to pause at that exact moment, and I don't have one of those fancy screencap thingys to show you all. :lol: I also still think that Nick and Catherine are hugging at the end, and that he's not restraining her. I'm starting to think that, like you guys said, she and Nick get out but Lou is still in there, and she's upset, so Nick is comforting her. Maybe the look of shock is Lou coming out of the warehouse.

Gah, I can't wait for the episode. I think they could have done a much better job with the promo, but I still have high hopes (at least with the Bieber part of the show - :lol: )

I am really excited for this one too! I wish it wasn't split between the two stories tho. I'm afraid it's going to be excitement and danger and just when you're on the edge of your seat....Haskell and Ray and a courtroom. Snooze. Let me clarify again that I like Ray, but this storyline has been done to death, pardon the pun.

I am really excited for this one too! I wish it wasn't split between the two stories tho. I'm afraid it's going to be excitement and danger and just when you're on the edge of your seat....Haskell and Ray and a courtroom. Snooze. Let me clarify again that I like Ray, but this storyline has been done to death, pardon the pun.

I couldn't agree more! I mean... the Haskell thing is really growing out of our ears by now! Sure, the guy is creepy... but how exciting can he be in a courtroom? It will only disturb the other most likely very explosive storyline of the show :(

I'm really excited for this one... ever since I saw the promo pic with Nick and Cath looking at each other in the hospital I'm wondering how they get out of there and how it will effect them... This is really gonna be great! :D Sadly I have to wait a day or two more before I can watch it :shifty:

Looking at the longer promo i really can't wait for thursday now. Looks like it's going to be a hard hitting episode for Nick, although a quick glance at the foetal pig might help him out.

I screengrabbed those scenes you mentioned K-Bug :)

Cath&Vartann1

Cath&Vartann2

Smokey if these are in the wrong place feel free to move them, i get easily confused as to whether it's ok to put them here :confused:

Screencaps in the context of this discussion are fine here. :)

But...did I miss a link to the longer promo? I've only seen the one that was shown Thursday night.

Back