Talk LIMS #7: FINAL RESULTS!

Re: Talk LIMS #7: Round 7 - Voting!

Great I can still vote!...I hope :lol:

Least
01 - The icon is pretty pale and grainy
13 - The text is too big and the crop isn't the best. It would have been better if you'd selected a bigger part of Hodges.
07 - Creative coloring, but the texture (?) makes it look quite grainy, esp. around Hodges' face

Best
04 - Cool b/w effect, nice icon
10 - Unique style, I like that.

Re: Talk LIMS #7: Round 7 - Voting!

LIMS 7: Challenge 7 - Results

There will be only one elimination this round, and here's why: Second place for the lesser votes was a tie, and neither had any positive votes to break the tie. The two icons were close throughout the entire count, so they're pretty evenly matched. Normally, I'd probably eliminate them both, but because we lost three participants this round already, I've decided to allow them to stay on. So, just one elimination this time. I hope that makes sense :lol:

This round, we say goodbye to:
Hodges07.jpg
by egeria

It's been great having you in the challenge, and I hope to see you back for the next one :D You should be proud to have made it so far!

Voter's Choice:
VotersChoiceR07.png

Beautiful work hun! Congrats :)

Mod's Choice:
ModsChoiceR07.png

Great work Soph! Unique crop, nice colouring, and the texture fits in perfectly. Nicely done!

01: -11
02: -1+3 = +2
03: -1+3 = +2
04: -1+15 = +14
05: -5+2 = -3
06: -11
07: -15
08: +8
09: -2+3 = +1
10: -3+5 = +2
11: +3
12: -6
13: -7

Next round will be up soon :)

Last edited:
Re: Talk LIMS #7: Round 7 - Results!

I suck. :lol: I knew I was out but Hodges just wouldn't co-operate with me. Just one little thing...he was SUPPOSED to blend into the background, you know?

But didn't I tell you Meg I'd be out this round? Ah-yup. :guffaw:

Well. So long. Farewell. Aufweidersen goodbye. Been a slice! Truly! Can't wait for the next challenge.

ETA: I have no manners. Congratulations Shazza and Vera! Nicely done!

Last edited:

*phew* that was close!

Sorry to see you go egeria :( *huggles*

Thank you for the Dragonfly'sBeenDazzled award Meg! :D

Congrats to Vera on the voters choice ;).

All I can say is *phew*

Sorry to see you go egeria

Congrats Vera & Shazza :thumbsup:

Congrats Vera and Sophia !!! Your icons looks both great !!
Sorry to see you go, egeria......

Can't wait of the next round....

Well done Vera and Soph, great icons. :D Sorry to see you go Carrie. :(

:eek: Oh wow, awesome! Thanks so much for the voter's choice *can die happy now* :D
Also congrats to Soph for the mod's choice, well done, sweetie! :)

I'm sorry to see you go, egeria, but congrats on coming thus far! You did a great job :)

Re: Talk LIMS #7: Round 8 - Valera ~ Now Up!

Round 8: Valera - No Brushes

This one should be (I think) a bit simpler than the last one. The only restriction this time is that you can't use brushes. This includes tiny text brushes.

Screencaps:

Rules:
~ This is an anonymous challenge, so don't go posting your icon anywhere until this round is over.
~ Your icon must not exceed 100x100px. It should be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
~ You must use only the images provided
~ No animations will be permitted.
~ Submit your icon by sending me (Dragonfly) a PM with the subject line LIMS Round 8 or similar.
~ If you are unable to send PM's, you may use the hotmail address in my profile. Just include TalkCSI in the subject so it doesn't go in the junk folder ;)
~ You may submit only ONE icon
~ If you wish to use your free pass for this round, you MUST send me a PM to let me know. Otherwise it won't count, and you will be disqualified.
~ The deadline for submissions will be Sunday, May 10th. No extensions will be given

Re: Talk LIMS #7: Round 8 - Valera ~ Now Up!

No, I wouldn't consider the smudge tool a brush. You can use it :)

Back