Talk LIMS #7: FINAL RESULTS!

Re: Talk LIMS #7: Round 7 - Voting!

LQ:

6 - too much going on for me and the colouring is odd.
5- love the text and brush but that stands out more than Hodges, also Hodges is really blurry.
1 - too plain look like nothing's been done to it.

BQ:

least:
13: cropping is a bit to much or to less .. depends on how look ... and the text is a bit overwhelming.
07: texture makes the colours look a bit weird
06: I do love the concept .. unique .. but too bad he turns green

best:
04: it pops out :) I love the concept and cropping !
10: love the use of the texture and colours

Re: Talk LIMS #7: Round 7 - Hodges ~ Now Up!

Least

05: Hodges gets a little lost, though the idea was really cool.
06: Interesting style but the colouring is kind of unfortunate in the far left hand side.
07: Hodges seems a bit oversharpened.

Best

04: Love the style and the use of the texture came out really well!
10: Really creative. :D

Wonderful job everyone, it was a tough vote!

Least

07 Hodges looks a little oversharpened.
06- The idea was nice, but the coloring on the pic on the left is a little odd.
12- The pic looks a bit blurry to me. Love the text though.

Best

09- Love the coloring on this one and especially love the little box with his name on it
02- Cool idea with the quote box with the pic.

Least:
7 - There is an unnatural coloring to Hodges and looks like he is melting into the background.
10 - It's hard for me to tell Hodges' face from the background; plus the backgroud itself stands out more than he does.
9 - The crop have Hodges' face a very odd angle and the text of his name is hard to read, sort of bleeds into the background.

Best:

LQ
07 - The texture over Hodges make the colours seem completely off. Also oversharpened.
13 - Font's too overwhelming. The size of it doesn't really work.
12 - Texture over Hodges again, making him look too pale.

Best
04 - Love the black&white with the coloured text. Nice and clear, good work.
03 - Love the way you placed the text. Makes him look like the next big villain :lol:

Least:
07 - blurry and Hodges kinda melts into the background
06 - I really like the idea but that green colouring is odd
05 - again, nice idea but there are too many things going on in this icon and Hodges gets pushed into the background

Best:

Least:
10 - It might be because of the white at the bottom, but it makes Hodges face look too dark.
07 - The texture and picture don't seem to be blended too well together.
06 - The cropping on the left side is a bit too severe, and he comes across as a bit too greenish.

Best:
04 - I think this is really creative, yet simple. I like the contrast with the little bit of blue in the black/white image.
08 - I really like the blending of the texture. Very subtle, but works really well.

I still need a lot more votes, so please get yours in! I know it's tough to choose, but it's gotta be done ;)

...I have cookies...

Least:

6- the left face is too green
7- Hodges gets lost in the texture
9- his face looks too red, the icon is too dark

Best:

2- great colouring and cropping, love the idea of the speech balloon very much, fits good together with the background, only perfect
3- love the black & white idea with the green/turquoise point with Hodges initials

Least:
7 - The texture makes blends too much into David's face and body.
10 - David's face has too little contrast and is way too bright.
6 - The coloring on the left made it look like Hodges is turning green. Desaturating that area of the texture you used would have helped.

Best:

Least:
7. The colouring makes it look dark
6. The colouring of the pic on the left is a little unnatural
1. The pic still looks plain

Best:

Least
13 - The text overpowers the icon and Hodges is kind of an afterthought.
12 - Looks kind of washed out.
03 - Same...kind of pale.

Best
04 - I like the kind of "retro" look.
11 - Nice texture and font.

Gosh...it's easier to vote when you aren't in it anymore! :lol: But still hard to choose....everyone did a great job! :)

I hate to use the term "least" because I don't think any of these are, like, "bottom of the barrel". But ah well, here I go anyway.

"Least":
06: He looks a bit cramped, and I'm not sure why the flash of light was included in the lower right-hand corner. Maybe I'm missing something.
13: I never really understood the technique of including text so small that no one can actually read it. I know that it must say something interesting, funny, profound, revealing, etc, but it's too small to read and it therefore seems to be taking up space for no reason.
01: Looks a little underdone.

Best:
09: Good use of space, interesting coloration, and even though you've used the "text so small no one can read it", the tiny text is in the background so it's more like a texture than anything else.
04: Great pose and love the black and white. Very TVland.

I now demand cookies! Cookies, I say! *stomps foot*

Last edited:

Wow, these are all amazing! Tough voting :(

Least:
6. I think it's a cool idea, but the turquoise lines just clash a bit too much.
2. His facial features don't seem quite as clear.
1. Not enough done to icon, and I don't think the text really adds anything to the icon.

Best:
9. I like how vibrant it is, how clear his face is, and how the background colors really make his blue eyes stand out.
3. I really like how you used the text as a motif within the icon, and the coloring is very interesting.

Back