Talk Law & Order Here

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

It's a really good episode.

I love her hair a lot more now. I mean it was cute before but now it's like amazing.

I'll just tell you, this episode should be shown in a high school health class for sure.

Both Law & Order's last night were good. Never noitced Liv's hair until now. The short hair wasn't bad but I like it better now. More than I thought I would.

NBC Tackles 'Law' Review "Network, Wolf still in talks over 'L&O,' 'CI'"

<SNIPS>

"Law & Order" is getting close to passing the 400-episode mark, a rare feat for a prime-time drama. But there's a chance the show won't get to reach that milestone.

NBC and "Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf have been in discussions over the fate of the venerable series and its younger sibling "Criminal Intent" for the past month, but no deal has been struck. It now appears that the network will hold off on a decision until shortly before it announces its 2007-08 schedule in mid-May.

Wolf has reportedly offered to trim the "Law & Order" budget substantially in order to make the show more financially viable for NBC. He tells the trades that he's optimistic the two sides will find a way to bring both shows back next season.

In a statement, NBC says that "We're in discussions with Dick to explore ways to bring back one or both shows, but no final decision has been made."

"Law & Order: SVU," the third show in Wolf's franchise, has already secured a pickup for next season. It's by far the highest-rated of the three, averaging 12.2 million viewers per week. The other two each draw a little better than 9 million viewers.

Should the original "Law & Order," which wraps its 17th season next month, return in 2007-08, it will pass the 400-episode mark early in the season.

I will be really disappointed if Criminal Intent doesn't get picked up. It's been my favorite of the three, but there seems to have been a lot of reruns this season. I hope they will pick it up, but this waiting for an answer is getting to me.

Wow! When I can finally get into CI they want to cancel it. I hope Wolf can pull it together so they can renew CI. Frankly I haven't ever liked L&O. And in only the past few months have gotten into CI & SVU. ;)

I know I loved the orginial for along time, but to me it went down hill when Jerry Orbach left then passed away. Their first mistake in my book was bringing in Dennis F. and now with the female she just doesn't play good at all with the others. The addition of Connie to the characters was a good move she plays off Jack and artur very well.

Normally I am use to the orginials revolving door, but the last two cops not so much they just didn't bring anything to the show for me to say "Hmm interesting or funny", Ed, Anita, Arthur, Jack and Connie, hold the show together but only they can do so much. IMO.

With CI, I love Vincent and Kathryn, but I am sorry I skip the Chris and Julianne eps. I understand the reasons for the everyother shows, Vincent needed a break and Kathryn wanted time with her baby. But to get rid of the captain and then replace him with ugg yeah and then they took so long to intro a new Exe ADA that it took away, not to mention Courtney Leaving took away from the dynamics as well.

Honestly I am not caring so much for SVU, I loved the show for its intensity but honestly as of late its wearing on my nerves, the reintro of Mariska's character doesn't fit, she use to be sympathic and still aggressive, but they have taken from the sympathic and added to the aggression, she was the one you could look to and see the struggle and confidence in her eyes, now you look and IMO its not there so much anymore I don't know how to explain it.

Hey everyone
I also watch SVU. Two different seasons are aired here. on Thursdays we get season 5. And on Sundays we get season 7 :)
I try to watch as often as I can. Really like it

Destiny, I'm the same as you. I watch the episodes with Vincent and Kathryn, I skip the others. Plus, I really miss Deakins. This new guy just isn't a good fit with the show. Still, I'd be sorry to see the show cancelled. Goren and Eames have been a great team, and they make the show watchable.

Watched Law&Order SVU last night. Not one of my fav's. Too much of a courtroom. Too much Casey, too little Benson.

Yeah Vincent and Kathryn are a whole lot better than Chris and Julianne. Vincent is just a really cool character, who has his own ways of investigating.

I tend to only watch the Vincent and Kathryn ones. I tried for a while to get into the Chris and Julianne ones - but I just find that Julianne annoys me. I probably could have watched it with Chris and Annabella though.

'Law & Order' may move to cable

<SNIP>
With time running out for a renewal of "Law & Order" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" at NBC, the ailing mothership series might find a new home on TNT next season, sources said.

The cable channel, which already airs reruns of the venerable crime drama, is in talks with the show's producers about picking up original episodes.

The show's hopes of replacing "Gunsmoke" as the longest running primetime drama in television history are being hampered by low ratings.

"Negotiations are ongoing regarding 'Law & Order' and 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' and, as always, we do not comment on negotiations," "Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf said through a spokeswoman.

A spokesman for producer NBC Universal TV Studio and a spokeswoman for TNT also declined comment.

After months of active negotiations, prospects for both series are getting dimmer as NBC is said to be loading up on new dramas for fall heading into the network's "upfront" presentation to advertisers Monday.
<SNIP AGAIN>
But TNT is in a unique position with "Law & Order" because the crime drama has been a mainstay on the cable network, which has been the show's syndication home for years and has built its brand around it with slogans like "We Know Drama."

Still, reducing budget to cable standards still will be a major factor for the deals to be made.

Additionally, crime procedural dramas led by "Law & Order" had been a hot commodity in basic cable syndication, but ratings have begun to erode.

Double posting only because the spoilers, there are to many along with the above info.

SPOILERS From The Futon Critic:
NOTE: CI has moved from Tuesdays to Mondays
DEATH ROW PRISONER LEADS DETECTIVES ON WILD CHASE OF UNSOLVED CASES THAT TURN PERSONAL; RITA MORENO, ROY SCHEIDER AND TONY GOLDWYN GUEST STAR -- As death row prisoner Mark Ford Brady (guest star Roy Scheider) nears his end, he asks to see Det. Goren in hopes to extend his sentence and leads him to hidden scrapbooks which chronicle unsolved cases and victims. When Det. Eames and Goren uncover the identities of the women and victims in Brady's scrapbooks, they come across a familiar picture -- Goren's mother, Frances (guest star Rita Moreno). Through the help of his brother, Frank (guest star Tony Goldwyn), Goren learns a troubling secret about his mother and deals with her numbered days. Eric Bogosian also stars.
POLICE RECRUIT FOUND MURDERED AFTER HEROIC SAVE WHILE DETECTIVE LOGAN GETS TOO CLOSE TO A CASE -- A police recruit named a hero after breaking up a bodega robbery is found murdered soon after. Det. Logan and Wheeler initially suspect it had something to do with the recruit's heroism, but discover his girlfriend has suddenly gone missing. Meanwhile, Det. Logan goes on a date with a pretty woman he met from his building, but gets too close to a case when she stands him up for the second date and is found dead nearby. Det. Wheeler is called abroad to oversee a past case she worked on while with the joint task force and Det. Eames steps in to help out. Eric Bogosian also stars.

TWO HOMELESS MEN ARE BEATEN TO DEATH, AND THEIR MURDERS MAY BE RELATED -- After two homeless men die within a day of each other, Det. Ed Green and Nina Cassady investigate a possible connection. The Detectives quickly learn that a nearby car dealership security camera caught a beating on tape - one of them was one of the victims. As the investigation deepens, they learn one of the victims was in the Army in Iraq and one of the suspects was a soldier in Iraq - an odd coincidence that may connect the deaths.
A FORMER SENATOR'S EX-WIFE IS MURDERED,AND THE FAMILY'S DEEP SECRETS ARE REVEALED - The ex-wife of a prominent former senator Randall Bailey (guest star Harry Hamlin) is found brutally murdered at home the night after a fundraiser she attended with her family. Although Bailey cooperates with Dets. Ed Green and Nina Cassady, they question his innocence, after finding him standing over another family member's dead body. His indictment for both murders turns the courtroom into a media circus as Bailey is represented by a slick and arrogant defense attorney Clint Glover(guest star Jeremy Sisto) and a flashy media hungry judge Barry Dilwynn (guest star Jeffrey Tambor).

A TEENAGE BOY FOUND DEAD AND IT'S ALL ON TAPE - A teenage boy is killed in what appears to be a play fight with his best friend, is a victim of a not so innocent crime. The victim's best friend Scott Heston (guest star Michael Welch) turns up at the squad room with a video and claims he filmed the death. Dets. Benson and Stabler quickly figure out that there is more than meets the eye when the victim's alleged girlfriend arrives at the court to reveal a new twist to this case.
CHRIS 'LUDACRIS' BRIDGES RETURNS IN THE STAR-STUDDED SEASON FINALE -- Bridges, reprising his role as Det Tutuola's delinquent nephew, as well as Lisa Gay Hamilton as the long-suffering mother, with special guest stars Nancy Grace and Star Jones playing themselves. In addition, new cast member Adam Beach, playing Det. Chester Lake, is reunited with Tutuola. Steven Weber, Ernest Waddell, Vincent Spano, Judith Light, and Michael Weston also guest-star - Mariska Hargitay, Chris Meloni, Dann Florek, Diane Neal, Richard Belzer, Ice-T, B.D. Wong, and Tamara Tunie also star.

Ooooh, the L&O: CI episode on May 14 sounds fantastic, thanks for the spoilers! Glad to see it moved to Mondays, perhaps it will fare better in the ratings without having to go head to head with "House" every week. And I agree with several posters above, I only watch the Goren/Eames episodes too, :lol: Vincent D'Onofrio is an incredible (and highly underrated) actor, it's a joy to watch him every week.

Back