Talk Law & Order Here

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

CSI_Watcher_8 said:
New to this thread. Do you guys talk about all the Law & Order's or just the first one? Even though it seems like everyone is talking about SVU. :confused:
This thread is for all three L&O's. The past page or so SVU has been the main topic of conversation, but you are more then welcome to talk about CI or the original. :)

I don't have a definite source but I just saw it on E-Talk Canada - a celeb gossip show - that Adam Beach, who played Det. Chester Lake on L&O:SVU last week, has been signed to the show.

I really like him, his character was kind of too much for me but he's a great actor.

I haven't seen alot of the show yet. But I did catch that episode. And I liked Fin and Lake working together. Not sure how well his character will work with everyone else yet. But I guess that's what we will be finding out. Do we know he will start showing up in episodes?

From last Thursday's TV Guide online:

Across the dial, Adam Beach only just appeared on Law & Order: SVU two days ago, and already he's being made a series regular. The Flags of Our Fathers actor will return to the NBC hit later this season as detective Chester Lake.

Hmm wonder if this comes from CM and MH being in negotations, I like that its just the four of them in the squad, apparently having five is better, going back to the starting line I guess.

Started: Stabler, Benson, Munch, Cassidy, Jefferies.

Then: Stabler, Benson, Munch, Fin

Future possible: Stabler, Benson, Munch, Fin, Chester lake.

Ok trying to start from the beginning and watch the show but why is there no season 4 on dvd. It goes from 3 to 5 or am I just missing something?

No your right season four of SVU hasn't been released yet, however I've heard that it will probably be released sometime this year.

Doink doink

'Law & Order' Stars Agree to New Deal
Jan 25, 4:39 AM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - There will be no disorder on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," with series stars Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni agreeing to new contracts.

They will be joined next season by an additional cast member, Adam Beach of the film "Flags of Our Fathers."

"I'm thrilled that Chris and Mariska have decided to stay with a show that they've made an indelible stamp upon, as we move into our ninth season," series creator Dick Wolf said Wednesday in a statement.

The actors signed two-year deals with substantial raises that will mean annual salaries of more than $6.5 million each, Daily Variety reported, citing unidentified sources.

That increase will make Hargitay one of the highest-paid actresses in television, the trade paper said.

Wolf declined to discuss details of the contract, said spokeswoman Pam Golum, who confirmed that Beach would be joining the show. He'll play Brooklyn police Detective Chester Lake, a character he guest-starred as on a recent episode.

Beach also is starring in Wolf's TV movie, "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," set to debut in May on HBO.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is part of NBC's long-running trio of "Law & Order" series and is the highest-rated. The original "Law & Order" is in its 17th season, while "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is in its sixth year.

Hargitay and Meloni have been with the show since it debuted in 1999. The actress won an Emmy and Golden Globe for her role, while Meloni was nominated for an Emmy.

NBC announced last week that "Special Victims Unit" would return next fall.

Great to have Mariska and Chris on board for another year.

I'm a bit behind with the new episodes lately, pretty busy, I'm gonna watch 8.10 in about 15 minutes I think.

I've just started to catch up on all the new seasons, but I had to come in and mention Alana De La Garza. The woman is pretty damn good! I was a bit sceptical when I first heard about her joining the show, because I really didn't rate her much on Miami, but she's really surprised me. God, that makes me dislike the Miami PTB even more, knowing that the girl is actually decent, and it was just their bad writing that made her a snivelling, pathetic excuse of a character. If Marisol would have had a smidgen of the spunk that Connie has I would have probably ended up quite liking her, at least not disliking her, as I did towards the end of Season 4. It would have made it so much easier to buy her relationship with Horatio as well. To me, the basis of the romance wasn't based on personality or anything, because Marisol had none, it seemed like Horatio married her out of pity. I know she has dying and all, but that didn't mean she had to be a complete basket case. Give her a little bit of personality and she might actually have had some *gasp* chemistry with Caruso.

Back to L&O, I'm very pleased with them picking up Alana. I think she plays very well off of Sam Waterson, and just seems to fit in well with the rest of the cast. I wish I could say the same for Milena Govich. :rolleyes:

I agree with you about Alana De La Garza. She reminds me so much of Angie Harmon's Abbie Carmichael character. I adored her. I never saw her on CSI:Miami since I really don't watch it like it do CSI: but I do like her on Law and Order. I'm still not all that sold on Milena Govich like you. I tolerate her, I guess mainly because I miss Jerry Orbach so much and I was bummed when Dennis Farina didn't resign. I'm thinking maybe I'll get used to her. The last two new episodes were very good, the best yet this season. I'm hoping the other two L&O get renewed like SVU.

As much as I think Adam Beach is a good actor, I do not like Chester Lake. I wasn't at all impressed with his character (Chester Lake). It's good to know he isn't replacing any of the cast, and I'm a bit apprehensive about
being Casey Novak's romantic interest (or so the rumors say). Maybe TPTB are adding that storyline to have some other pair besides the obvious E/O. *shrugs*

Anyway, here are the February Sweeps for L&O: SVU, found at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?date=01/29/07&id=20070129nbc01

BENSON TACKLES A CORPORATE CONSPIRACY TO SAVE A CHILD; FORMER WRESTLER GOLDBERG GUEST-STARS -- When a photograph in an anonymous envelope leads Detectives Fin (Ice-T) and Munch (Richard Belzer) to the apartment building that houses a crime scene, the investigation reveals the building supervisor has spent a lot of time with the boy in the picture, and he falls under suspicion. The case takes a physical toll on Detective Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay), the victim (guest star Marquis Rodriguez) and the boy's mother (guest star Karen Olivio) when they all appear to have similar medical issues. Their symptoms all appear to point to the same origin which unearth a corporate conspiracy and cover-up. Former wrestling champion Bill Goldberg guest-stars as Cupid, a roughneck who tears the SVU headquarters apart. Chris Meloni, Dann Florek, Diane Neal, B.D. Wong, and Tamara Tunie also star.

MOB LAWYER (GUEST STAR CARY ELWES) AND HIS FAMILY ARE BRUTALLY ATTACKED LEAVING A YOUNG BOY AS THE SOLE WITNESS -- Mob lawyer Sidney Truex (guest star Cary Elwes, "The Princess Bride") and his wife are brutally attacked, leaving his young son emotionally scarred. When the Detectives have to locate the Truexs' daughter, Charlotte (guest star Emily VanCamp), to notify her about the attack on her parents, Detectives Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot Stabler (Chris Meloni) find Charlotte at her boyfriend Ryan's (Justin Klosky) apartment. Through an exhaustive interview process, the Detectives must sort through the web of lies Charlotte has told in order to piece together a night of drinking and drugs leaving Charlotte unable to recall details of the evening. However, her father comes out of surgery and is able to vividly remember his daughter at the crime scene. The disturbing case takes another turn as Stabler is brought up on charges of excessive force after getting into a very serious altercation with Ryan. Dann Florek, Diane Neal, B.D. Wong, and Tamara Tunie also star.

MOTHER OF MISSING BABY COMES UNDER FIRE BY THE PRESS; KALI ROCHA GUEST-STARS -- In a "ripped-from-the-headlines" episode, overzealous reporter Cindy Marino (guest star Kali Rocha, "Grey's Anatomy") accuses new mother Laura Kozowloski (guest star Ashley Williams) on national television of kidnapping and trying to kill her baby. That's the last straw for the despondent woman, who promptly commits suicide. Although everyone is under suspicion, including the mother and her ex-husband, Mike (guest star Pablo Schreiber), the case takes an unusual emotional toll on Detective Stabler (Chris Meloni), who is drawn in by the mother and her past. The search for the baby Kendall seems to be at a dead end -- but DNA provides clues that help solve the case, and offer new questions for one of the detectives. Mariska Hargitay, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Diane Neal, B.D. Wong and Tamara Tunie also star.

DETECTIVE BENSON GETS IN OVER HER HEAD; MARY STUART MASTERSON AND KIM DELANEY GUEST-STAR -- When Detective Benson (Mariska Hargitay) investigates a rape case outside her jurisdiction, she finds herself being questioned by local Police Captain Julia Millfield (guest star Kim Delaney, "NYPD Blue") and although she gets some answers, some are difficult to accept. Benson also needs to discuss with police psychologist Dr. Rebecca Hendrix (guest star Mary Stuart Masterson, "Benny & Joon") about some of her actions that have led to tensions with Detective Stabler (Chris Meloni) and major distractions that have marred the rape case. Dann Florek, Diane Neal, Richard Belzer, Ice-T, B.D. Wong and Tamara Tunie also star.

Thanks for the 411. Looks like I'm getting some good episodes as my birthday present. :) Yeah!

You're welcome! The episodes looks really good, I can't wait, but I also can't wait for episodes that center on the other characters and not just Stabler and/or Benson.

Back