Talk Law & Order Here

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

I watched Law & Order CI last night. I had never even watched a full episode before but from now on, I will. :D

Doink doink Good news, folks.

NBC OKs Deal to Save 'Law & Order' Shows
May 13, 5:21 PM (ET)
By DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK (AP) - NBC Universal and producer Dick Wolf struck a last-minute deal Sunday to keep "Law & Order" and its two spinoffs on the air, although "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" episodes will first be seen on the USA cable network.

The deal ensures an 18th season of "Law & Order" on NBC. That's second only to "Gunsmoke," which aired from 1955 to 1975 and was the longest-running network drama series on TV.

NBC announces its fall television schedule on Monday, opening a week where all the broadcasters outline next season's plans to advertisers in New York.

NBC had essentially concluded it had room for only two of Wolf's series on next year's schedule. "Law & Order: SVU" has the highest ratings of the three, so that was safe. After some brief conversations about shifting "Law & Order" to Time Warner Inc. (TWX)'s TNT, the decision was made to keep "Criminal Intent" for USA, said Jeff Zucker, chairman of NBC Universal.

NBC and USA are corporate cousins within NBC Universal, and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" reruns make up some of its most popular programming. Now USA will be able to premiere a full season's worth of 22 episodes of what had been an established network series, a first for the business. The series is entering its seventh season.

"This was a strategic decision by us," Zucker said. "We are really taking USA to a new stratosphere."

It's not clear when "Criminal Intent" episodes will air on NBC; they will likely be used to fill a hole when a new fall drama fails.

"Law & Order" sank sharply in the ratings this year, although that was partly expected with a move to Fridays, one of the least-watched nights on television. While it will be back for an 18th season, NBC executives declined Sunday to say whether it will start in the fall or midseason.

The deal also forces Wolf to cut production costs for the series and hit new financial targets, although they weren't publicly outlined. Wolf said this wouldn't result in any significant cast changes or be visible to viewers.

"Nobody was casting aspersions on the creative process," he said. "It was just costing too much for the realities of how the business has evolved."

NBC has suffered in the ratings this season, particularly this spring, with only "Heroes" emerging as a new hit. At the same time, USA is a very profitable operation.

NBC said the status of Fred Thompson, who plays District Attorney Arthur Branch on "Law & Order" and is considered a potential GOP presidential candidate, had nothing to do with the discussions. Thompson is under option for another season of ripped-from-the-headlines crime drama, but Wolf said Sunday he knew nothing of the actor-politician's plans.

"I haven't talked to him for the last two weeks," he said. "So your guess is as good as mine."

Keeping "Law & Order" on the air long enough to eclipse the "Gunsmoke" record is his "ultimate dream," Wolf said.

"Creatively, the show is still firing on all cylinders and I have no doubt the show's quality can and will continue for years to come," he said.

Well, I hope they still find a way to air L & O:Criminal Intent in Canada. We don't get USA network here, and CI is my favorite of the three shows. I really hope a Canadian network picks it up here, or they do find a way to air it on NBC after USA.

With CI on NBC it usually took a couple of weeks for the eppy to run on USA so I guess that might be the routine the other way around as well ;)

Btw, 'Endgame' ROCKED!!!!

Did anyone else love the finale of the mothship that aired tonight. The plot was well thought and not something that was 'ripped from the tabloid headlines'. I thought that the actopr playing the judge did a wonderful job, he perfectly shoed the judge's inexpierence and moral outrage at McCoy's tactics perfectly.

Finally Det Cassidy gets a bit of charcter only have it come too late. From what I've heard she will not be returning next season.

I have to say that McCoy's ethicl debate about the tesimony was played out perfectly, and Alana De La Garza potrayed Ruberossa's passion in her summation masterfully.

However my one complaint is that the scene between Arthur and Jack at the end seemed to be rushed. I almost feel as if the writers wanted to make a great final lasting scene and it got cut at the last minute.

[Doink doink] In the cable television business, it is common for a network to run a marathon of a series on a holiday. The best offenders are pursued by the fans of such series. USA Network will be running 14 straight hours of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and TNT will be airing 13 hours of the original Law & Order on Monday, May 28. These are the stories. [/Doink doink]

USA Network (CI) (All times Eastern. Check local listings.)
6:00 AM Malignant
7:00 AM See Me
8:00 AM Monster
9:00 AM Blink
10:00 AM Cherry Red
11:00 AM Probability
12:00 PM Baggage
1:00 PM The Gift
2:00 PM Happy Family
3:00 PM Undaunted Mettle
4:00 PM Fico Di Capo
5:00 PM Consumed
6:00 PM Semi-Detached
7:00 PM Sex Club

TNT (L&O) (All times Eastern. Check local listings.)
10:00 AM Barter
11:00 AM We Like Mike
12:00 PM Passion
1:00 PM Double Down
2:00 PM Hot Pursuit
3:00 PM Bad Girl
4:00 PM Panic
5:00 PM Mother's Milk
6:00 PM Standoff
7:00 PM Seer
8:00 PM The Ring
9:00 PM Suicide Box
10:00 PM Absentia

I hate when they do that. I hate having to switch back and forth between channels. Did anyone see the preview for tomorrow's season ender for SVU on the NBC SVU webpage? That looks so good. I think this episode is gonna change alot for all the characters. Everyone was snipping at each other. It's gonna be intense.

Tomorrow's episode looks good, for SVU. I can't get into the others, SVU has just always caught my attention. Ah, no SVU marathon?!? well that sucks :(

I hope CI's move to USA will bring meatier episodes. Glad it got renemal especially since I just got into it. Hope the SVU finale is good.

Yeah, I hope SVU will be good. If I'm disappointed, I'll have to throw something out the window.

I was watching SVU on USA and started like screaming at the TV because of the unusual endings from time to time.

I can't wait for tonight's SVU finale! I love the show, it's really the only other show besides Medium, and CSI: that I watch religously! :)

AshleyWillows said:
Yeah, I hope SVU will be good. If I'm disappointed, I'll have to throw something out the window.

I was watching SVU on USA and started like screaming at the TV because of the unusual endings from time to time.

LOL, I hear ya. I sometimes startle my family with my outbursts. :lol:

OK I was only kind of disappointed with SVU's finale.
And boy did everyone get screwed or what. I was suprised when Porter showed up. I was also really suprised Elliot was so quick to tell Liv about Kathy and his situation.

I was somewhat disappointed.
Well, I didn't understand what was going on at the end with Kragen. BUTTTT, overall it was pretty good. What's up with Porter and Liv? Wow, Kathy's pregnant, I was pretty excited. But, why did Alex have to go to the DA?

Back