Talk Law & Order Here

Re: Talk Law & Order Criminal Intent & Mikey Logan

Okay that was good and bad at the sametime, is that possible, apparently. grrr. :D

IF You Have Not Seen It...SPOILER INFO... Mixed with opinion. Sorry! :D

It was good to see Stephanie March back, its been to long, it was great her speech "i have asked victimes to face their attackers, now its my turn to step up to the plate" (not direct quote).
But she had a total of less then 30 mins tops, and the only ones who talked to her, were Stabler, Benson, (kept repeating we made a promise), & Cragen and Novak (who were shocked to find her alive and that the other two knew) course not as shocked as the marshall who balled out cragen about what he didn't know, talk about confusing the man, lol, and What about Munch and Finn? nothing from them, and Munch had a good repoire with Alex.

Then if that didn't beat all, at the end their having a party for alex and their waiting for her to show up and what happens?
The marshall shows up and says "She is being relocated with a new idenity and said to say goodbye" now that bites.

Re: L&O TBJ: Brisco's Fate decided

Source: 'Trial by Jury' Set to Deal with Orbach's Death
The producers of "Law & Order" are planning a sendoff for Jerry Orbach's "Law & Order" character, Lennie Briscoe, that befits the man who played him for a dozen years.
Orbach had filmed two episodes of the newest "L&O" series, "Trial by Jury," prior to his death Dec. 28. The episodes will be the first to air when the show debuts Thursday, March 3 and moves to its regular home the following night.

Executive producer Walon Green says Briscoe's departure from the show will mirror the way Orbach lived his last days.

"Jerry ... was somebody who kept on the job, worked until the final hour," Green says. "And that's really the way the character goes out in the show. We'll reference it in a [future] scene that refers to a memorial ceremony that was held, and it will reflect the fact that Briscoe has died."
Orbach, who received a posthumous award from the Screen Actors Guild earlier this month, worked until a few weeks before his death. Although he was weakened physically, he remained in good spirits, Green recalls.

"People had said, 'Gee, do you think he's well enough ... should we write him out of a scene?'" Green told reporters at the TV Critics Association press tour in January. "And he had objected before to ever being written out because of his illness.

"I went down to the stage to see how he was, and he was showing ['Trial by Jury' star] Bebe [Neuwirth] how to kick a cane so that it rotates up and lands on your arm, which is an old music hall trick. And I thought, 'We won't be writing this guy out of anything.'"

Orbach's second episode was originally set to air later in "Trial by Jury's" 13-episode order, but NBC and the producers decided to move it up so fans of "Law & Order" and Briscoe could see his final shows back-to-back. Green says the reference to Briscoe's death will likely come in the show's fourth or fifth episode.

Thank you Destiny. I was frankly hopeing they would have it referenced by atleast the original Law and Order. Since Mike Logan is going to Criminal Intent, I thought it would be nice to if he made an appearance. I know that's unlikely but he was such a big part of Law and Order.

Your welcome, here is a couple articles from different places. Orbach's Last Scene
AILING Jerry Orbach made it through his final scenes with a little help from his friends.
The brave actor's last appearance on TV will be seen this Friday night on NBC in the second episode of the new "Law & Order" spinoff, "Trial by Jury."
In his last words on camera after a lifetime in show business, the 69-year-old trouper exclaims, "They got him!" following the conviction of a cop killer near the end of the episode.
The moment is particularly poignant in light of the effort it likely took for Orbach to raise his voice to say those three words.
That's because the actor's voice that day was particularly weak from ongoing cancer treatment, an NBC spokeswoman recently revealed.
But Orbach's fellow actors would not allow their courageous friend's raspy voice, which was barely above a whisper, derail the filming of his last scenes.
In a touching example of the generosity of actors, Orbach's colleagues — including co-star Kirk Acevedo — agreed also to whisper in the scene, the spokeswoman disclosed.
And since the scene takes place in a hallway just outside a courtroom door, the dialogue conducted in low voices will seem natural to viewers who are unaware of the heartbreaking story of loyalty and friendship behind the scenes.
Orbach, the Bronx-born Broadway song-and-dance man, died Dec. 28 following a decade-long, private battle with prostate cancer.
He had left "Law & Order" last season with the retirement of his character, Det. Lennie Briscoe. But he was brought back, as Briscoe, to help launch the new "Trial By Jury," starring Bebe Neuwirth as a tough, shrewd New York City prosecutor.
Partnered with Acevedo's character — D.A. investigator Hector Salazar — Briscoe is once again doing detective work for the district attorney's office.
Orbach filmed two episodes before he became too sick to work — the premiere episode airing this Thursday night at 10, and the second episode airing Friday night at 10, the show's regular time period.
The second episode — titled "Forty-One Shots," about the shooting by police of a suspect who fatally shot a police detective — was filmed just a few weeks before Orbach died.
His death — and Briscoe's — will be dealt with later on, in the fourth or fifth episode, according to executive producer Walon Green.
"We are actually handling Jerry Orbach's death and handling the character's death very much in the same way Jerry handled his own death," Green said last week. "Jerry and, in this case, Briscoe, was somebody who kept on the job and who worked until the final hour."
I loved this part, its so Jerry/Brisco we came to know.
Source: AP Yahoo News (Just a snip as the rest says similar to above).
Green said the 69-year-old Orbach refused to be written out of scenes when Green tried to lighten his workload.
"He'd call and be upset and want to know why I'd taken him out" of a scene, Green said. "He'd want the scene back. He was like the Energizer bunny. He wanted to keep going."
"Law & Order: Trial by Jury" previews Thursday (10 p.m. EST), with another episode Friday (10 p.m. EST) in what will be the series' regular slot. The show is the latest spinoff in the "Law & Order" franchise.
As of 5 am march 2, 2005, they haven't released exactly what will be happening.
If you want let me know if i can get the press release on it, i will post it if/when it comes out.

Alittle bit of info released on the How will they do this.
Briscoe Death Honors Orbach

<Snip to part>
"We will reference it in a scene that references a memorial ceremony that was held, and will reference that fact that Briscoe has died.

"Jerry--and in this case Briscoe--was somebody who kept on the job and who worked 'til, you know, the final hour, and that's really the way the character goes out in our show."

In response to a follow-up question about the nature of Briscoe's death, Green said, "We went with the reality," meaning Briscoe won't be felled by a gunshot or accident.

Bebe Neuwirth, who stars on the spinoff as Tracey Kibre, a Manhattan assistant district attorney, said during the conference call that Briscoe's passing is handled in a "respectful and graceful way. There is nothing exploitative about it. It's very classy."

Neuwirth also reiterated how much Orbach was loved by "every single person who met him, knew him, worked with him."

"It's very, very, very sad," Neuwirth said of having to go on without him. "However, Jerry was a great example to everyone in carrying on and in being a trouper."
Looks like i might not have to yell at them for mistreating our fav guy. ;)

VCR set and ready. :D
The only catch is it also airs, Friday night up against the season finale of Monk, crap, wait, nbc i have west coast channel or i could watch monk a couple hours later in its second repeat of the ep.
Hmmm decisions, decisions, decisions. :D

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

Posted by Destiny:
Also wanted to add in that people have mentioned a couple times about the opening to each show.

Law & Order
"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

Law & Order CI
"In New York City's war on crime, the worst criminal offenders are pursued by the detectives of the Major Case squad. These are their stories."

Law & Order SVU
"In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

Law & Order TBJ
"In the Criminal Justice System, all suspects are innocent until proven guilty, either by confession, plea bargain, or trial by jury. This is one of those trials"
Just putting in the Opening for Trial By Jury.

Re: L&O TBJ Review

Source: Rocky Mountain News I have edited some out that is listed in previous stories above about Jerry.
The story line last May had Brisco retiring from full-time detective duties and moving to the district attorney's office as an investigator with a new partner, portrayed by Kirk Acevedo. After being diagnosed with prostate cancer last fall, Orbach, in traditional show-must-go-on style, filmed two episodes before dying Dec. 28 at age 69.

Yes, Orbach does look thin and wan and his voice lacks energy in the episodes. Orbach is replaced in the third episode (March 11) by Scott Cohen, with no plot explanation. Episode four will deal with Brisco's death.

Neuwirth, who knew Orbach from Broadway stage work, said "he was loved by every single person who met him, knew him and worked with him."

Once you get past the curiosity about Orbach's final performances, you'll find that Trial by Jury is worth watching on its own dramatic merits, thanks mainly to the talents of Neuwirth, best known to TV viewers as Lilith, Frasier Crane's sour ex-wife on Frasier.

I approached this fourth L&O series with apprehension, feeling that Wolf and NBC had probably milked the dramatic format dry.

While the familiar style (the signature "da-dum" music and the story line locations lettered on the screen) remains, Trial by Jury indicates it can move in different directions.

As Green says: "We'll go where the script takes us."
Neuwirth and her assistant, played by Amy Carlson (Third Watch) are saddled with the complex job of bringing controversial cases to a grand jury and then possible trial. This may or may not lead to scenes of jurors deliberating.

Trial by Jury differs from its three predecessors in that episodes are not seen only from the point of view of prosecutors and police. Viewers will get a point of view from judges, jurors, suspects and defense lawyers, often within the same hour.

Wolf and his production staff wisely have elevated two women into the key dramatic positions. Although they report to DA Arthur Branch (Fred Dalton Thompson), the two are out on their own legal limbs.

The first three episodes are populated with notable performers, including Candice Bergen (a judge), Annabella Sciorra and Peter Coyote (tough defense attorneys) and Lorraine Bracco (an unscrupulous lawyer.)

Also look for future appearances by Denver-reared Carey Lowell, who reprises her role as Jamie Ross, the former assistant DA who is now a judge.

However, it's Neuwirth's tough-but-oh-so gentle character that should provide Trial by Jury with its dramatic core. Neuwirth, whose numerous stage credits include the award-winning Chicago, says: "I'm still trying to learn legal speak. I'm just a dancer."

The series will undergo a tough trial by audience. After premiering at 9 p.m. Thursday in ER's time period, Trial by Jury moves to a regular 9 p.m. Friday slot - not exactly an ideal location for a spring tryout series.

But even if early audience reaction is lukewarm, don't expect NBC to panic and cancel the series without giving it a decent run. Wolf would howl - loudly. And the network has too much invested in his productions.

The show is okay, it's edgy, but Law and Order just isn't the same without Jerry in it full-time. You become familiar with something and you can't get used to it when it changes, or it takes an incredibly long time. Jerry was and still is my favourite actor.

I remember seeing a Pam Wallace (I think that was her--she hosted the Canadian Who Wants To Be a Millionaire) special on Law and Order, and she had interviewed all of the main characters, and on previous law and order shows, Lennie Briscoe said that "I'll be doing this job from my wheelchair." I remember S. Epatha Merkerson saying that she and Jerry would be doing their jobs, acting as really old people, barely able to walk anymore. I'm glad to see that Jerry stood true to his word and that it wasn't a publicity stunt, that he didn't quit before the show did.

I find it a little difficult to believe that Jaime Ross has become a judge. I'm not overly familiar with US law, but I always thought that the path to the bench was through the prosecutor's table? She was an ADA, but following the story, she left the DAs office and being a prosecutor all together because of the long hours, she wanted to stay with her child and she wanted to get married to David--whom the viewer never met...hmm... Anyway, it just seems a little unusual that she would somehow become a judge...I'm freaking out! She was supposed to face disciplinary action from the...disciplinary committee for ill-advice too! How could someone facing disciplinary action somehow become a judge?! That could have been better casted and played. Regardless, Carey Lowell was always great in the position of ADA.

Anyway--I really like the theme music to this show. I love how all of the spinoffs have similar music to the original Mike Post song (I am looking for his CD, Songs from the Blue Line, or something along those lines). Arthur Branch acting as DA on this, and Sam Waterston even guest starring with it makes it appear as if this show is going to be very close to the original. I love the fact that you can see the plan that both the defense and the prosecution has, that you can see inside witness deliberations. One of the great things about Law and Order too is that they don't always win, and I want to see that in this series too. It adds to the reality of the work. The bad guys don't always go to jail and justice isn't always served (oh man, I'm just thinking about the three class long lecture...What is Justice?). Just like in CSI, sometimes when they don't get their guy despite the fact that they've got the evidence. This whole series doesn't portray the prosecution as being saints hell-bent on justice (heh...nice) but that they like to be right, and most of all (cough, McCoy) that they like to win, and sometimes they have to bend the rules to win (cough! wheeze...definitely McCoy). I want to see that in this series too.

Jerry's last scenes? They were great. I wish I had a tape ready for it. I cried, because you knew that was his last performance. He squeezed every last ounce of energy that he had doing what he loved, and he did it well.

When I have the chance I do like to watch the show. I want to watch the one coming up with Martin Short and he plays a physic. It looks like it will be very good.

Posted by beautiful_loser:
The show is okay, it's edgy, but Law and Order just isn't the same without Jerry in it full-time. You become familiar with something and you can't get used to it when it changes, or it takes an incredibly long time. Jerry was and still is my favourite actor.

I felt the same way when Chris Noth left the show. I kinda stopped watching for a couple of seasons mainly because Benjamin Bratt annoyed me so. Briscoe was always my second favorite. I liked Jamie Ross when she was on the show. I loved the episode when her friend turned out to be the killer (he was another ADA). I also liked it when she stood up to Sam Waterson when he was angry that she was choosing her child over the job, I thought that was well done. My favorite ADA's will probably always be Abby followed CLOSELY behind by Kincaid.

Posted by Grissom_Cainefan2005
I want to watch the one coming up with Martin Short and he plays a physic.
Martin Short is not scheduled to be on Law & Order: TBJ (Trial By Jury). He will play the psycho... er... psychic on Law & Order: SVU (Special Victims Unit) this Tuesday.

Ross was great as an ADA. She was one of the ones who clashed with McCoy often. Too bad she stuck it to him in the end with the disciplinary committee. Kincaid is/was a really good character, but her evil deeds (Ahem), with the judge always left a bad feeling with me. They still didn't have to kill her off though! I mean--when I saw that I was like "WHAT?! What just happened?! Oh my God!"

I hate to say it but I actually love that episode, Aftershock. It was the episode that showed the viewer that the people here are real people. They love their job but there are parts of it that make them depressed. That they're real people, they aren't always happy people, and when the gavel strikes down their life goes on. The following times that you hear about what happened in Aftershock is in the very next episode, about the carjacking, and then in "Under the Influence."

AFTERSHOCK SPOILER--DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT OR DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!!

It sounds cheesy, but I thik the greatest moment of Law and Order cinematic history was right there at the end. All through the episode everyone had reacted so differently to what had happened, none of them in a very positive way. As he got out of the car, Van Buren was reading the letter that she had written to her mother. Briscoe was almost stumbling around the front of the car to see if Kincaid was okay, just as Van Buren keeps on reading. The camera pans up on the last words of the letter, and the screen fades to black.

I think it went something like this. If anyone could find for me what she said it would be fantastic! =D
"His neighbours all watched as he raped and beat this woman to death....And today the City of New York took his life.........<camera is overlooking the intersection, seeing that a pickup had hit Kincaid's car> It wasn't enough--and it was too much...." <screen fades to black>

"You can quit the profession Claire...you just can't quit the human race."

Back