Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

Sigh, no, I dont. I know, that makes it nearly impossible with over 10 years of episodes. I can say that more then likely it was under Thompson as the DA.

The reason it came to me, and this might help, was I was talking about how all crime dramas now HAVE to have a twist to it. You know, ESPECIALLY if they center on the killer too early in the episode. Law and Order is probably the worst with a twist and now I can usually pick out where it's going to be. This particular episode really got me because although I knew to there being more to a young mentally ill killer, I really did NOT see his "brain tumor" to be the real reason behind his medical condition.

2. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

LO:SUV was so damn good last night! It was creepppyyy because this guy killed and pinpricked women with a pin.. The pink was symbolising as his..*whisper* penis. AND all that time, he was sleeping with his mom. *shudder* Im glad he killed her in the end. ;) a REALLY good episode! I cant wait for LO:CI! :D

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I think you mean L&O: SVU (Special Victims Unit). SUV is a common abbreviation for Sports Utility Vehicle. I think L&O: SUV is about running red lights, speeding, and driving 50 miles with your left turn signal blinking the whole way.

4. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

I'm sure she meant that!!

L&O:SVU did get a bit disturbing when the man was talking to himself about being a naughty boy & started to lick his lips!

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Dynamo, people make typing mistakes sometimes. Doesn't mean you have to start to joke about those right away.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Agreed and the actor in that ep was pretty good to, i mean to play that part can not be the easiest and all.
    Tonight we see "Chris Noth" i believe in CI.

7. Destiny

Watched CI with Chris Noth in it, you know i remember him having a little attitude in L&O but when i first seen him in CI i was like geez dude your attitude expanded, guess that staton island relocation really worked him over.
    Course partially through it he seemed to ease up a bit though, YAY, i think he will do well as a regular on the show, and though Katheryn Erbe didn't really have many scenes with him, what i will say for those who missed it, is this she still had the zinging one liners.

I think i know why it got to Vincent so bad, think about it on L&O orginial, you have the two detectives then the court room, on SVU you have 4 detectives occassionally the court room, on CI you have the two detectives and virtually no court room.
    Basically except for the occassional assist from the Captain or DA carver, Vincent and Katheryn were carrying the show on their own.
    Top it off she had a baby not long ago, and he has exhaustion i think they could fit a third person in there and still have time enough for the case and everyone to have a scene.

Top it off Mike Logan, now there is one character for some nice oneliner zings from Katheryns character. :lol:

8. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Yes, I enjoyed the episode very much. (I do have to roll my eyes that he is still wearing the same leather jacket he wore over ten years ago. )

I think it's important to remember his character's early attitude was what he considered the treatment of his girlfriend. Logan always had a hot temper and I think questioning anyone he cares about pushes his buttons.

I liked seeing him with Goren and Eanes. Eanes didn't seem to care much for him but I liked that they didnt have Goren have any kind of rivalry between the men.

The end scene was fantastic I think.

Destiny, you have a good point there about Goren and Eanes being the only ones carrying the show. You know, you see a picture in the opening credits were Carver is holding up some evidence in the courtroom. It just reminds me how I have NEVER seen him in a courtroom.

9. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

I was wondering how far ahead is L&O in America? Considering over here they are showing eps from 2000/1 I think for SVU, CI has just started S2, & I have no idea about reg L&O since we haven't have a new ep for 6months to a 1yr

10. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

*cough* Thats not true.

We had new L&O shown again after CSI finished...so it was like around November or Dec...:rolleyes:

11. Destiny

In the U.S. here is how many seasons and eps as of todays date.

Law & Order (Reg)- Season: 15 .. 340 eps
    Law & Order SVU - Season: 6 .. 129 eps
    Law & Order CI - Season: 4 .. 78 eps

You can also go to the NBC Site Click on each of the law and orders and see photos, bios, all the eps, and like that if it helps, they don't spoil, all it says about the eps is a general descript that any network gives about a show. ;)

Yep Logan and his trusty Jacket noticed that to, now thats how you know he is "Logan" its like his signature lol.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Talk Law & Order Criminal Intent & Mikey Logan

*grin* Hey - I have a 15 year old leather coat. Take care of it and leather wears like iron. You're tired of it before it wears out. I was inordinately pleased to see Mike had his trusty leather coat. It was like there are things in the world you can depend on.

Ten years on Staten Island doesn't seem to have chiselled much of the edge off Mikey though. Still has the attitude and still leads with his chin. I think Bobby Goren found him slightly amusing .. or amazing.

13. Destiny

Amazing and amusing rapped into one, i think, i know what you mean you would think after hitting that guy and getting banished as they say to staten Island (what was it that was said in the Exile movie) ahhh yes dealing with stole lawn mowers, that he would learn to control the attitude a bit.

But nope not our mikey, its like his Trusty leather Jacket, no matter how old it gets, he's a keeping it. :D

Now i think CARVER found mike amusing :lol: did you see that grin on his face, it was priceless.
    Eames has found a new target, now that is sweet good for her, he dished it out and she threw it back at him, you go girl. :D

14. Destiny

TvGuide Online, Ask Ausiello speaks of the different shows of L&O

Question: Hey, I have to say, I love reading your column. Do you know the exact date that Stephanie March is returning to SVU?
    Ausiello: The ex-ADA comes back from the "dead" next Tuesday. I just watched a preview of the episode and, without giving too much away, let me just say witness protection has done wonders for Alex Cabot's hair.

Question: What TV shows do you think should be be put out of their misery?
    Ausiello: Oh, where to begin... I know — Queer as Folk! Other stick-fork-worthy programs include The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Quintuplets, Listen Up and the original Law & Order.

Question: How come Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni so often work their cases separately this season on SVU? Trouble on the set? — Rob
    Ausiello: Nope. Splitting them up allows producers to shoot two episodes at the same time (aka "tandem episodes"), one with Hargitay as the lead detective and the other with Meloni. But I agree, this practice is getting way out of hand this season. BTW, did anyone see my apartment building on last night's SVU?

Now here is my question to all of you, who is looking forward to Next weeks L&O Svu? I am.

15. Destiny

Tonight we get to see the Special Guest star on Law & Order SVU, This ought to be good, anyone who wants to be spoiled look one post up first question. ;)