Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

It sucks that both William Petersen and now Vincent D'nofrio are sick with exhaustion, they are my two favorite actors on my 2 favorite shows *sigh*. Chris Noth is at least decent though, but Goren makes that show just like Grissom makes CSI for me.

Of course their health is more important than me getting to see them a lot every week and be blown away by their acting talents. I hope they are both able to recover from it.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well from what i read, William is taking the down time to get back into the healthy life again.
    Vincent was back on the set and is doing fine now, so it seems they are learning their limits and then proceeding with care.

3. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I LOVE Vincent! I am so curious about Chris Noth coming into the series. I loved his character too which hasn't always been too often on the side of logic like Goren. It seems they will rotate his character out with Goren. I wonder how they will do that.

4. Destiny

Anyone remember the character "Abby Carmichael" from the original L&O? if you do, then lets congradulate her.

(From Tvguide Online):
    "STORK REPORT: Much-missed Law & Order alumna Angie Harmon is expecting her second child with her football stud hubby Jason Sehorn, The Insider reports. They already have a 16-month-old daughter."

Congrads to the happy couple and little sis! :D
    TvGuide online With a Surprise attached:

"ORDER RESTORED: Dick Wolf has called problem-plagued Law & Order: Criminal Intent star Vincent D'Onofrio some much-needed backup: The producer has tapped franchise vet Chris Noth (aka Det. Mike Logan) to join Intent as a series regular.
    D'Onofrio and Noth will split the case loads, with each fronting 11 episodes next season.
    "The hardest job in show business is being a single lead on an hour drama series," Wolf said in a statement.
    "Vincent has done an unbelievable job for the last four seasons, but... the grueling pace finally took its toll. This is an ideal solution."
    How did Angela Lansbury do it all those years?"

There is more here at E! Online "Noth Lands New "L&O" Slot"

5. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

Whats Law & Order TBJ about then, I've never heard ofthat one before?

Hiya I'm new to this page! I just want to ask does anyone else seem to find that in L&O:CI Goren seems to be the focus of the show, and Eames seems to stand back and let him to most of the work?

6. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Welcome Woozy. I don't even know when this new series will air.

Trial by Jury I think will give us more of the prosecutor side but with the jury perspecitve. I don't know much about it but it seems Candice Bergen is one of the judges, or she is in an episode. Jerry Orbach was supposed to have more of a role but sadly his premature death led to only be in the initial first episodes. I don't even know when it will air.

You are right about Eanes not having much to do. While the actress was on maternity leave, they substitued Bishop and to be honest it didn't make much of a difference to me. Given they say Goren is a genius, why do they bother with formality of a partner? But that is probably why the actor has had health problems.

7. Destiny

Goren and Eames are such an extreme at first i couldn't figure it out, then it hit me, they did it on purpose, they are each others Balance.
    Goren is suppost to be the "genius" dectective who tends to get hyped up quickly.
    Eames is the Street smart, logical detective, who tends to calm the situation.

How i figured it out, is when Katheryn Erbe (Eames) was Pregnante on the show (and in real life) she wasn't on so much so they brought in a sub until she returned, and the balance wasn't the same, it was like Goren had to play duel dectectives lol.
    Top it off Goren is the Drama/dry comedy, where as Eames delivers the one line zingers.

Eames: Admirers?
    Goren: No, reporters. They want a comment.
    Eames: Can they print a hand gesture?

Goren: 10 to 1 he’ll call back. He has something to prove to me now.
    Carver: 10 to 1?
    Eames: I’ve taken him on before, Mr. Carver. I’m down 18 bucks.

Goren: What about the great American past-time?
    Eames: Which one; dieting or cheating on your taxes?

Eames: Declared a fugitive in 1997. I guess that qualifies as traveling.

Eames: If I were in this family, I'd probably drink too.

Eames: Divorce Judge, the gift that keeps on giving.

Eames (to Goren): Easier to split five hundred grand two ways then three.
    Eames (Later to Goren): Definitly easier to split five hundred grand one way.

Not to mention the Captain Deakins, and DA Carver, who round out the group, i think its the fac that this show doesn't have to have everyone at one time in it, that makes it, they take a drama, add timing and comedy and it set them apart, from other shows as well as each other.

8. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Oh, you are right Destiny. I do like her one liners. I can't remember the episode but Goren is asking the suspect all kinds of personal questions.

Suspect: (to Goren) You ask the strangest questions
    Eanes: You have no idea

I just really like it when they do have Eanes actually knowing something that Goren doesn't. Women's perspective for example, to show she is a good detective.

You know, it reminds me of the partnership of Holmes and Watson. I HATE it when TV and movies portray Watson as stupid. He is not stupid...but compared to Holmes people tend to think of him that way (anyone would be). The same goes for the partnership of Goren and Eanes...I don't want anyone thinking she is stupid or isn't pulling her weight. I think she can be a good detective in her own right. Sigh.

Does any of this make sense?

9. Destiny

Makes sense, she is definitly smart.
    (lol i have L&O as apart of my website i am making)

Eames: So the victim came into this cubicle, hung her bag on the hook and then the suspect came in.
    Goren: No, I think she put her bag on the floor, otherwise the suspect could've just reached over the door and grabbed it.
    Eames: No. She put it on the hook.
    Goren: Oh, I get it. A girl thing

Goren: You wore one of those? [Referring to a mini-Skirt]
    Eames: Looked good in it, too.

Eames: A cop. Good thing we know our hitman has a day-job.

Carver: Congradulations you have managed to unite athiests and christians in a common cause of police arrest.
    Eames: We do what we can.

DA:
    Carver: Your client's not insane... he's in love. Maybe it's hard to tell the two apart, but the law can.

Carver: Charge them for a murder they didn’t commit? Of a person who isn’t dead? I can’t begin to count the number of violations that would entail.

Captain
    Deakins: All my favorite theories shot to hell in 60 seconds.

Deakins: What about you? Any dazzling insights you'd like to share?
    Goren: Uh... no.

Eames: The only way Edward can sell that building is if the old man cleared out.
    Deakins: So he burned him out. I'll have to remember this the next time my mother-in-law comes for a visit.

Deakins: Reminds me why my parents never talked religion at the dinner table.

10. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was in the ep with the boy genius & Goren & Eames were looking at some tests. They were thinking back to when they had to do them at high school, and when Goren asked how she did in it she replied "they made me prom queen."

11. Destiny

Also wanted to add in that people have mentioned a couple times about the opening to each show.

Law & Order
    "In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

Law & Order CI
    "In New York City's war on crime, the worst criminal offenders are pursued by the detectives of the Major Case squad. These are their stories."

Law & Order SVU
    "In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

Also here is some info on Law & Order Trial By Jury

12. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Does anyone know the episode title, it would have been 1 or 2 years ago...where the case revolved around a boy who everyone thought had a "mental illness" and was going through experiments? In the end...it turns out that the boy/young man really had a brain tumor, and his doctor knew about it but kept from telling him so he could him as a patient/experiment?

Ok, that may not be how it goes. I loved that episode and obviously don't have enough details to find the episode name. The episode ended where the boy confronts the doctor because he just found out about his terminal condition. Anyone?

13. Destiny

wow that plot sounds like it was played out on all three, do you remember which show you saw it on.
    Reg
    Svu
    Ci

14. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I'm fairly certain it was on the regular episode. I also think it wasn't too long ago.

15. Destiny

okay i am thinking back, do you rememeber if there was a courtroom to it, Back then if it was the regular it would have had brisco and Serena in it, like cops and lawyers do you remember who might have been in there?
    Anything coming back, a bit more about the ep, again i am thinking and looking.