Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

Yes, you have to love Lennie.

SPOILER WARNING: Ok, just watched last week's law and order. I like the new ADA. Her messing up (with warrent address) was remeniscent of Clare way back when she first started working with Stone. (Awww, the good ol' days).

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yep i think as individual as they are making her character, (Alexandra) they are going to add in alot of the characteristics of the past ada, to a certain point.

3. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Course she looks a LOT like Abby Carmichael.

4. Destiny

Sweet and yet Bitter-Sweet either way Jerry wherever you are.

CONGRADULATIONS! SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Award

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series

Jerry Orbach / LAW & ORDER - Det. Lennie Briscoe NBC

(his wife excepted on his behalf, and one thing she said his motto was "Never leave a hit show")
    Congradulations Jerry, your first SAG Nomination, and Win, May You Rest In Peace!

5. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I teared up when I saw that she accepted the award. I loved how she said

"This is bittersweet, but still so sweet." or something like that!

6. Destiny

Tripp I will check back i taped that speech.
    ------------

Trial By Jury News!

"Law & Order: Trial by Jury" will now preview on Thursday, March 3 (10-11 p.m. ET) while its official premiere will follow on the next night, Friday, March 4 (10-11 p.m. ET).

"Law & Order: Trial by Jury" is the latest series from Dick Wolf, architect of the most successful brand in primetime television with NBC's "Law & Order" and takes viewers where they have never been before. For the first time, a "Law & Order" series is told not only from the point-of-view of the prosecutors and police but also from the perspective of the defense attorneys, defendants, judges and jurors.

"Law & Order: Trial by Jury" stars Bebe Neuwirth ("Cheers"), Amy Carlson ("Third Watch"), Fred Dalton Thompson ("Law & Order"), the late Jerry Orbach (in a few episodes) and Kirk Acevedo ("Band of Brothers"). Dick Wolf is creator and executive producer; Walon Green and Peter Jankowski are executive producers; Arthur Forney and Richard Pearce are co-executive producers. "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" is a production of Wolf Films in association with NBC Universal Television Studio.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone else see the parrallels between Goren {D'nofrio's character on Criminal intent) and Grissom? I think it would be so awesome to have a crossover episode where they worked a case together. They are my two favorite actors and two favorite characters on TV and seem alike in many ways.

Jerry Orbach was great. He was the only thing that kept me watching the original series, of course Same Waterston is great too but the writing quality has gone down so much it's sad. I'm glad they gave him the award, he really deserved it. RIP Jerry.

SVU is in the middle for me, it's usually good although I wish they didn't have to do a child abuse case every second week, it gets so repititive.

One good thing about the original series is that they got rid of Elisabeth Rohm's character, that character was like nails on a chalkboard for me. don't know where the lesbian thing came from but I wanted him to answer "No, it's because you're whiny, annoying and stupid and wear way too much lip gloss." I like the knew ADA a lot better but hate that Farina guy, no one could replace Briscoe but he's particularly bad so I will still keep watching CSINY at that time. Criminal Intent and CSILV are my two fav shows on TV. Hard to decide between them.

And yeas the L&O shows should definately follow CSI's lead and find some better music than "doink doink!" although I am so used to that sound being part of the show I might kind of miss it if they got rid of it :)

8. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

The "doink doink" is so damn cool! :D I love that.... :D

9. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Oh, I love that Doink! It means I need to wake up and pay attention.

I also love the voiceover still too. "In the criminal justice system..." blah blah blah "and the district attorney's to prosecute the offenders". It means my show is coming on!!

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Doink doink is so great! I always go along with the theme when I'm running to kitchen to get coffee (see, I do that coffee thing with every show that starts either 9pm or 10pm)

11. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Can we talk about Law and Order: CI here? This does involve the original Law and ORer series though too.

It seems Chris Noth (Logan) will repise his character and come in to play against Detective Robert Goren! I read the article here: E! Online

12. Guest

Guest Guest

This is great. I think. I loved the character of Mike Logan back in the day and I'm looking forward to seeing if Chris Noth can still channel him. Although I am sorry that we'll be seeing less of Bobby Goren.

13. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I loved him too. I hated Benjamin Bratt when he took his place and boycotted the show for a season. I was so sad to see him go.

I too am sorry to hear about Goren's health problems. I have to say I wasn't sure I liked his character the first time I watched it but he has really grown on me. My favorite interrogation scenes (and I'm talking all Law and orders AND CSIs) are from Goren.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah - Bobby's a bit out there isn't he? Vincent D'Onofrio does such a great job with the character.

15. Destiny

This is for:

-Law & Order
    -Law & Order CI (Criminal Intent)
    -Law & Order SVU (Special Victims Unit)
    -Law & Order TBJ (Trial By Jury)

All thats asked is that you list the name of which show your talking about of the four, to avoid confusion. ;)