Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: New York Cops Liked Jerry Orbach

I was doing a search and came across a news article in which the New York Times Did a story interviewing real life cops, who said they found Jerry Orbach's protrayal of Det. Lennie Briscoe to be as close to real as a tv show character can get.
    To read it go to, To Viewers and Police, Jerry Orbach Was Briscoe

I think they surmised the end very well for both the story and the viewers that was truely fitting of Jerry/Lennie.

"Briscoe retired at the end of last season. In the final episode, he and his partner closed a case that ended in a conviction.
    Packing his desk in what could be any squad room in the city, Detective Briscoe said, "It's nice to go out with a win."

2. Destiny

Re: Jerry Orbach Funeral

3. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Jerry Orbach Funeral

May his family be blessed. He was a good actor.

4. Destiny

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

okay the time has passed, so in honor of Jerry we should move on discussing all 4 shows, well 3 plus one due out :D

Okay last Wednesday, on the original L&O Elisabeth Rohm (ADA Serena Southerlyn) did her last ep.
    TALK about a shock ending, I can understand Branch firing her the way he did, she is better off as an advocate as her emotions have often effected her objectiveness on a case.

So after going through ALL of that about having a heart of a good person, that to be in that office you have to be cold and objective and she just can't be its not in her to do so, and that he has made a decision, which shocks her, "You've made a decision?" she asks him if Jack is on board with this, Branch tells her "he doesn't like it, but he doesn't have to, he doesn't run the office i do", then he says "Your fired", she looks sad and nods, then looks at him and says...
    "Is it because i am a lesbian?" :eek: Hello shock value, they never even approached that subject with her the whole time she was there, never a hint.
    Branch, didn't look like he was shocked to find this out, but shocked that she would even think that of him, since he is so blunt and to the point, he probably thought she would know that wasn't the reason. <at this point i am still In shock> Branch then says "No" Serena then proceeds to look said nod again and say "Good...thats...Good" Episode fades out.

I think the shock for me was her just announcing it like that nothing hinted before from when she started to her last ep, just that part of the ep, to me it was how they introduced it in to the show that shocked me, why wait to the very last second.
    Granted ADA's leave and there is shock or revealing reason, but they did both with her.

ON the 19th of January, will start Elisabeth's replacement, Taking her place is actress "Annie Parisse" (ADA Alexandra Borgia) will be the fifth ADA to play Since the show started in 1990 for more about her check out her NBC Bio.

From what i seen on the preview of next week (umm this week) lol anyway she (Alexandra) does something she wasn't suppost to do that may jepordize the case.
    From what i understand she is suppost to be smart and still a bit flaky this should make L&O interesting. :D

So what did you all think about it? (if you seen it) ;)

5. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

UGH, I missed her last episode :mad:

Anyway, I LOVE Law and Order!!

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay...great... I'll probably see this in a few years... :p
    Wha? I got that feeling about her being lesbian... it was that one episode... :D
    Hmph...I just wanted to say that my German teacher is like a copy Elisabeth Röhm.

7. Destiny

Well TNT if you get it should have the repeats sometime.
    :lol: Sorry DaWacko about giving that much away.
    I should put a spoiler warning up there or something.
    *Tried to edit but i am past the time length to do so rats can't put in Spoiler*

But all i will say is the new character is great, not as flaky as they said she would be, definitly nervous to the point of funny. :D
    In one ep I thought she played a good opposite for Sam's character Jack.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I too missed the episode. i searched my Tivo, but it said it wasn't an upcoming episode again on any channel any time soon. :mad:

9. Destiny

okay then starting to feel bad that i am the only one so far who saw it. :lol:

Found this bit of News (i know i said to move on but this is worthy). SAG award Nominee's
    Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
    Jerry Orbach- LAW & ORDER -Det. Lennie Briscoe

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
    CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION - CBS

SAG Nominee's

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Nah...I dont' mind about spoilers after all. Tho, I had to stop myself to check what happens in 24 in season 4 :p

11. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Awwwww, I really liked Jerry's character on Law and Order. Does anyone know how many episodes he did of Trial by Jury?

Still haven't watched this week's episode yet (gotta love TIVO) so I will be sure to give my opinion of the new ADA.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

^ When Jerry Orbach passed away, he had been in three of the six episodes filmed.

13. Destiny

Jerry i believe the reason for taking the job is that he would have more time to relax and less hours working, plus his chemotherapy and such that he had to go through.

Here is a statement that was released about the show.
    "LAW & ORDER: TRIAL BY JURY (NBC) - An NBC spokesman has confirmed the late Jerry Orbach completed work on three of the six produced episodes of the latest "Law & Order" spin-off. Said episodes are expected to bow in March although the Peacock has yet to confirm a time slot or specific date. It's also not clear how Orbach's death will be addressed on the series, which has a 13-episode order."

I do know one thing they mentioned and that is that his character will NOT be re-casted, so however they write him out it better be done "The Jerry Way" with Style, or NBC will hear from me!

14. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Yes, I loved Briscoe and they better do a good episode dedicated to him! His character was so cynical:

LOGAN [in reference to universe ending]: do you think that scientist is right? That eventually, all of this is gonna end?

BRISCOE: Basically I'm just hoping for the week to end.

Ok, I did that quote from memory so I hope it's correct but it always made me laugh outloud, his deadpan expressions.

15. Destiny

Sounds like lennie lol, i love when he starts about his ex-wives :lol: those are funny to, some of my fav lines.

Briscoe: I specifically asked for him to be put on suicide watch. Apparently here at Riker's that mean that they watch you commit suicide.

Briscoe: I want to go to law school so I can learn how to turn gold into lead.

Briscoe: Well the FBI says he's not in the witness protection program but they mighta had their fingers crossed.

Briscoe: I believe on a good day he couldn't hit his ass with both hands.

Briscoe: Divorce lawyers... God's way of telling you to stay single.

Briscoe: Love - a dangerous disease instantly cured by marriage.

Logan: I thought she said she hadn't spoken to her ex in over a year?
    Briscoe: Maybe she got her dates mixed up.
    Logan: You remember the last time you talked to your ex?
    Briscoe: July 17, 1994 2:35pm (nods his head)

Lennie: "Well, May-December romances, you know what they say."
    Ed: "You're the matrimonial expert, you tell me."