"Sweet Jane" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

im having some problems. 1. keppler IS NOT a supervisor? why does it srta seem that he had an office? well he didnt, but doc asked him if he as one...and i dont know, it just seems like he things that hes more than a visiting csi 3.
    2. im very attatched to fox mulder. too attatched some say...im not so sure of the resemblance. maybe ...thing is, i was too busy trying to hate keppler, than to really consider it. now i am pondering if he is worth liking. once i decide i will know more about the mulder thing. cause if i dont like him, he doesnt go near mulder in my book.

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Catherine did say that Keppler was basically hired for the new dayshift spot, but Ecklie wanted the graveshift to train him in for a couple weeks. That's probably the reason they found him some office space, since the character is here with the premise of expecting to be around the lab for the foreseeable future on dayshift.

That brings up another question: how come we never see CSIs from the other shifts interacting anymore? They used to have Ecklie to spar with every once in a while, then they introduced Sofia... Remember back when the teams were split how many times both shifts worked together? Why do we never see somebody from dayshift as a recurring guest to pop in once in a while? It's very uncommon that people working on different shifts in the same building would never run into each other, especially considering how many "doubles" the team members pull with their cases.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Sorry, I'm just a little confused. Are you saying you don't watch CSI for the cases, or did you just mean you didn't care overly much for the case in this episode? Just curious. :)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I thought this was a really cool episode. I liked Keppler. He was different and added a rather sombre mood to the show as opposed to its usual quirkiness.

I was shocked by the total absence of guilt from the dentist. None of the 'you got me' reaction from other killers. He was almost amused by being caught.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

oh im sure that they see each other. not everythig that they do is on the show. like, a case can go over the course of a few day, but the show is 40 minutes long. since the characters dont always work doubles, they do go home, rest, shower, eat, maybe even hang out with freinds, but they dont show all that in to 40 minutes, because the show concentrates mostly on the cases. so im sure that they see the dayshift, but we dont see them.

6. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I have to be honest - I'm not a huge fan of Keppler. Liev's acting was great, but I agree with you, xfcanadian, it was like he was trying to be Mac. Let's just say that I don't like Mac. And there was another part where (I thought) Keppler was being SUCH a Grissom wannabe - when he was talking about whatever chemical it was that dentists used to use (sorry, I forget the exact name of it). Argh. I just don't like him. He even goes by his last name. Like Grissom. Guh.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

The cases are ok for me, but I love the show more for the character interactions and events. The main reason I love CSI is more for the characters, than the cases themselves. I tend to rewatch the eppys with more character interactions and stuff, or if the case is strange in someway. For example, some of my fave eps are Fur and Loathing, Got Murder?, King Baby, and Dog Eat Dog. I don't tend to like the eps that only focus on the case, and especially if its a serious one.

8. Ashes86

Ashes86 Dead on Arrival

Not too terrible but all I kept thinking was that I wanted Grissom to be in it.

9. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Not sure if this is going to happen in future episodes, but it would be interesting to see how Keppler and Grissom would interact. That could be a battle of brain power!

10. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I liked the episode. Liev was even more great than I expected he would be. I've watched and loved his work for a long time and he did great for his first television bit.

As far as his character goes, I'm interested in Keppler's background. He is certainly shrouded in darkness and mystery and I look foward to seeing some of that explored. Overall, I think they introduced him well and didn't over-expose him.

The case was interesting and Ned Beatty did a wonderful job of playing the dentist. So chilling. I liked when he made the comment about Catherine's and Keppler kept glancing at her like he was trying to see her teeth.

11. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

I did not like it at all. I'm sorry, but I didn't. And there have been many this season that I havn't really liked, but I tried to look past that and move on and say nice tihngs, but I have been dissapointed for the very last time.

And yes, a huge reason why I didn't like this one, and many others this season is because Greg was on for a matter or seconds. Now, I know that its not right of me to judge an episode based on that (and that's not the only reason) but I am human, and like most of you, I have a fave character. And I realize he's the new one and I shouldn't expect much, but I mean come ON! They didn't even show him meeting the new guy. Hated it.

Then the plot wasn't great. There was no closure at all. I think the Dr. Dave guy was a good actor, but it just bothered me.

And, I honestly think that this season is Catherine's season, and its getting on my nerves. I'd much rather see ANY of the other team than her. Lately, she has bothered me, or at least, the way they wrote her to be has bothered. So, I don't want to get into a bashing mode here, because I still like her, but there is more to the team. I would actually be ok if they showed the rest of the team equally, even if Greg is still not shown a whole lot, because like I said, I know that he is still low on the food chain.

Enough about that...

Hmm... Liev... He's a great actor, his character is very interesting. So, for now I approve I guess. Although, I don't like what he's doing there. I mean, he obviously has issues and I'd prefer someone who deserves it to get the good storyline. Warrick maybe, or even Sara. We havn't seen a lot of them. But, seeing as how we have no choice, I'll accept him for now.

So, I am sorry to bring my negativity, but its my opinion and I hate to say it, but I'm losing interest in CSI.

Please TPTB, bring back the good CSI!

12. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

Hi, I already introduced myself on another thread, but I have a question: When you say that Keppler has no emotions, do you mean that he is a professional, or that he's just very cold? Maybe, if the latter is the case, he may have a reason to be. After all, he's just shown up and nobody knows anything about him, just the way he operates.

13. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Its just the way he is, IMO. I don't exactly see it as cold or anything. I mean, Grissom also doesn't show much emotion. They are both extreamly intelligent and just don't express themselves to others as much as the regular person may.

I think that people like that are interesting, so I'm ok with him. I just don't like that problems he will be causing.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, for me he's was beyond boring.. no personailty at all, and I went into this so open minded.. saying "a new person, this will be interesting" and I, as every scene ensued, was more bored than I can say.. he has NO charm.. no charisma. no magnetism.. no nothing.. I don't have anything against this Liev person.. (never heard of him, before now) but the rest of the cast are so stimulating, and exciting. now Warrick is low-key but charmistic, and Brass is low key, but funny, and on and on.. he just doesn't cut it!! just to me he look's and feels out of place.. I think he was a dud..dull and boring :(it took the whole ep. down the toilet...Cath, a force to reckon with was as usual outstanding and the rest as well.. and then him.. sorry, I wished I could say something optimistic.. but these are my views :(

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

at least grissom is interesting and qurky, kepler is just blah.